OT: NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: OT: NHL Thread (ok'd by Clan)

I agree, medaling will be an accomplishment for this group. I still think David Legwand will be a force in the next couple years. I really like the Predators and I think if he can just step up his game a little, he'll be an elite player.

Interesting topic. For me it's

Center: Forsberg (best player in the league...when healthy. Spezza is not far off though in only his second year. Same with Eric Staal is his rookie year.)
    Left Wing: Markus Naslund (Honorable mention to Simon Gagne. He's incredible and become a leader this year to all the Flyers youngsters. Deserves his A.)
    Right Wing: Heatley, who else? MVP thus far. (Iginla and Jagr is pushing to take this title back though.)
    D: Chara
    D: McCabe, he's the only reason the Leafs are average this year. (I also love Pitkanen, though he's not out for 4-6 weeks. He REALLY stepped up his game this year. This is not homer pick. Look at the numbers. It's a shame you can't watch he play everyday.)
    G: Vokoun. Best goalie in the world (#2 is Kiprusoff)

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

Just for that...........

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Oh I agree. On the hardest level I get beat by 4-5. I had to adjust the poke check slider and the checking difficulty slider. After doing that, I have been winning around 50-60% of the time. Try that. Play with those two sliders. The one thing that pisses me off is that on the All-Star level their guys seem to be on constant turbo. They outskate my guys everytime. If you have the same problem, change the game speed slider. You should be good after that.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

i don't really like Kasparitis either, but man, can he check. I still remember the final in 1996 Winter Olympics when Russia played Czech Republic. Kasparitis nailed Jagr, his own Penguins teammate and Jagr had to leave that period. We still lost, but that was a good hit.

P.S. It's pronounced Kharlamov. ;)

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    ...But, there really wasn't a need to put the last part in the thread title.

There, that looks better.

6. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I uninstalled it some time ago, untill I get my 250 gig Hard-drive. :D

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Didn't want anyone to think we were turning into Gooners with OT threads all over! Then again, with ZANI on the prowl...

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

You say Kharlamov, I say Karlamov! ;)

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you can listen to any NHL broadcast, home and away for free off their website. I am sitting here writing a paper on Frederick Douglass and John Brown's abolitionist ideals and listening to the Senators-Flames game.

Here's a question, who else here hates the Leafs?

Anyone else think "original 6" teams are pompous blowhards?

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NO! ;)

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Flyers get a win. Beat the Wild. Nice goal in the last minute from Branko RADIVOJEVIC. Seriously, give us the cup now.

Preds lose again dammit. I think that's 3 in a row.

Jeremy Roenick's stats tonight:
    Ice Time - 15:39
    Even - 11:51
    Shorthand - 1:14
    Powerplay - 2:34
    0 points
    0 shots
    2 hits
    7/10 faceoffs

Yeah Jeremy...you're good.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NHL.com did an interview with Roenick on Friday. Here are some select answers:

05leafs06
    Jeremy, you made a comment about the potential youth movement for Team USA and the disrespect that that decision on their part would show towards players like yourself. With the level of your play this season, why do you deserve to play for Team USA?

Jeremy Roenick
    Because I don't think you should judge it on one year. I've been a part of this whole process for 17 years and there is a very good reason why my numbers are where they are, and it's not for a lack of talent. It's more equipment issues.

mgoblue
    JR -- do you ever get tired of hearing how you were the greatest player in the history of Sega NHL 94?

Jeremy Roenick
    Never! I hear it probably 10 times a week, and it never goes sour to me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roenick just doesn't get it. Yzerman and Lemeiux have more "equipment use" than he ever will and yet they were intelligent enough to realize that although they are great players, they are not as the younger players anymore. Roenick just doesn't realize that he's past it now and he doesn't have it.

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

u spoke too soon ed.
    and philly is getting rolled again today (eagles).
    cant you help us cowboy fans a little bit?? sheeeeesh.. lol :D

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Uh hmmm...it's 17-14, the Eagles have the ball at the 30 with 45 seconds left.

14. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    excellent!! i saw a 17-7 scoreline and thought it was bout over again for philly..
    nice~ :)

15. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

now we have a problem eddie. :D

Original teams are not pompous blowhards, we just understand the way the game is meant to be played. not like flamers who go for teams which dont even see snow on the ground. ;)

first off

detroit is not hockeytown, toronto is. sorry nice, but the wings are gross.

i live in close proximity to detroit, but am a buds fan for as long as i have played and watched which would be 4 or 5

I had a high school gym class with spezza when he played with the spits.

I played AAA hockey with/against some of the guys who are now on the ahl/echl teams.(due to my tallness factor being reversed at 5'6 instead of 6'5 :mad: , i never has any luck, regardless of my effort)

go leafs

i think the leafs need to make a trade and shake some stuff up, we seem to be in a slump of sorts. id love to get an eric staal or the like for some of our guys.

anyone see coliacivos hit during the dal/tor game? he might be good.

phew.
    /ndrew

16. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Coliacivo looked very good for the Canadian juniors a few years ago, but hasn't really fulfilled his potential yet. As for trades, the team isn't bad, but Sundin needs to pick up on his offensive contribution, it would be kind of embarassing for him if Tucker was the leading scorer;)

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Staal is virtually untouchable.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Leafs fans are so dillusional. They actually think they are the best team in the NHL...even though they haven't won a cup in like 50 years. They are almost like Chelsea pre-RA.

19. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

:)

actually the fact we sell out every game even though we havent won a cup proves alot about the fans of the maple leafs

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

It also proves how dillusional they are. You're kind of like Spurs fans actually. Atleast when Chelsea was shi t, we knew it!

21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

When Tim Duncan decides to be the yin to Defoe's yang, the Shaq, to Jermain's Kobe the EPL will be in huge trouble. I mean... who can stop Duncan? he's even taller than Crouch!!! if the Spurs can work out a loan deal from the other Spurs things will get very interesting in London.

:D

22. MLS Detroit

MLS Detroit Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Melvindale, MI, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone else noticed that NHL referees are starting to relax their enforcement of the rules? I saw a little more activity in front of the net (cross-checking and general roughing) in the Canadiens-Ducks game on Saturday. Overall, though, I am still happy with the new rules; it makes for a more free-flowing game. Coaches will have to start recruiting for speed on defense in the future. Big, slow guys who just get in your way will soon be phased out. With the new rules, I predict a Senators-Red Wings Stanley Cup Final next June. It will be hard to watch with the World Cup going on at the same time.

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    the new rule that penalizes a player for shooting a puck in the stands from their zone is stupid imo.

24. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    i agree, i saw that last nite in the wings/penguins game..
    those half-boards have short glass on them and the player was trying to bounce it off the glass, missed by about 1 foot.. and serves a 2 minute minor..
    and having 7 PP a game is just too much and bogs a game down.. not enough 5-5 imo.