OT: NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Dec 10, 2005.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    honestly, if you have been following our games against Nashville, Joe doesn't have more than 2 or 3 points, which is far below his standard. But if you actually see the games, he is a monster. He draws penalties, he keeps the puck as good as anyone else and his vision is remarkable. The Bruins made a huge, huge mistake.

2. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I have - though I've been battling sleep.
    The value of a player goes far beyond goals, assists, or even his plus/minus rating. Thornton's in control when he is on ice.
    Another Bruin mistake - giving Detroit all they can handle - Sergei Samsonov.

3. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Amazing stuff between Buffalo and Ottawa thus far. For some reason the Sens are playing a bit dirty thus far, and there are tons of stoppages. 2-2 right now...

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What a game that was. Freaking 7-6 in OT. Buffalo ties the game TWICE in the final 2 mins. Damn.

5. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    You guys have deserted this thread just when things have started heating up? IT'S GAME 7 OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS BABY! GOILERS!!

6. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeah - I think it shows a bit of bi-coastal bias - merely due to geography.
    Was a great season - hats off to Edmonton and we salute Carolina (? well, I got used to Tampa) Is Grapes Cherry pulling his remaining hair out????

7. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    IT'S ONLY 3-1 EDMONTON WILL EASILY WIN THE NEXT 3 GAMES BY 12 GOALS EACH!!!!!!!!!! [/Cherry] Thank God they didn't, I cannot stand the guy. It was the most neutral I've ever been watching any game:p

8. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I hear ya.
    Lotta Sabres fans in greater NYC (my SO is from Buffalo). So, do you support the team that eliminated you, or the other? And when the "other" is supported by that idiot who can't count (Boston-Montreal ring a bell?) you're forced to be as neutral as a Swedish-Swiss marriage.....

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Plain and simple...I was happy for Rod Brind'Amour and Mark Recchi and Doug Weight but I hate that a real hockey city like Edmonton lost out to a fraud city like Raleigh, NC. NHL should have retracted all those fraud teams. The Stanley Cup spending 3 years in the southeastern US is a joke. That's my two cents!

10. Factorial

Factorial New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Crazy day so far in the NW.

Pronger says he wants out of Edmonton.

My Calgary flames friend was thrilled to see that, but his excitement was tempered when this bombshell dropped:

Luongo to Vancouver:

Luongo, Krajicek and 6th for Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Where did Pronger say he wants out of Edmonton? What is that all about?

Luongo on the Canucks would be sick. Especially since Naslund is my favorite player.

12. Factorial

Factorial New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Dropped the bombshell Friday afternoon. Confirmed by the Canadian media, and i believe K Lowe himself later yesterday. Family issues... word is his wife is making him leave Edmonton.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Puss-y whipped biatch.

14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bruins actually signed free agents? You mean the organization actually wants to win? What the hell is going on?

I think it is funny that the story on Chara specificall ymentions he has a no trade clause. Appearently they know our history.

And Phil Kessel fell to us, gotta say I was fairly excited about this as well.

Maybe there's hope after all.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah the whole Dave Scatchard thing sucked. Why they would trade a guy they signed after only 7 games. Besides the fact that I think Scatchard is a very good player.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do as well, last season was a big cluster********, as the last 10-15 have been.

I do feel with Bergeron, Boyes, Toivonen, and our defense we have a good young nucleus, but up until 2 days ago my only belief was that it will be imploded as soon as the ownership could benefit from trading them.

This is a glimmer of hope, but nothing more for now...