OT: NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    3 of their goals were from Power Plays....

2. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Guess I spoke too soon yesterday...
    besides the Battle of Stamford Bridge (let's go back to 1066), today is also Russia-Canada, the battle of the neutrals (Swiss-Sweden) , yeah, the States v. Finland - and do you think there's nothing at stake between two little places : the Czech Republic vs. Slovakia? Nah......
    hafta give my props to the Arse, unless EVERYONE at Real has hit the wall....

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tom, I'm thinking about going to Nevada Smiths and watching the USA game there before the Chelsea match. You interested?

4. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    S@@T Eddie, I'd love to, but I have an important luncheon meeting today - will have to take a raincheck on it - have fun - Jonathan M. may be there, and he holds Rangers season tix.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rangers fans! BLAH! (I may go and look for him though. I have to stop at The Onion Bag in North Bergen first though and pick up some stuff.)

6. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeah, I know he's unelightened, but he's not so crass that I have to say "1994" to him. He's moderately tall, dark brown hair, very WASPY (Mayflower descendant, actually) - glad you're going early. Jack Keane warned us two weeks ago that it would be as crowded as a WC Qualifier - both Chelsea and Barca have official supporteres groups at Nevadas - and I have met Jordi - who lives in NY, and is a former Barca vice chairman, and provided the autographed Barca jersey that hangs next to ours......
    Then again, both Neat bros have a war going on - one likes the Islanders, the other the Rangers. Thank God for Wobbly and Pennucci, or I'd be the Devs fan in the wild, east of the Hudson.

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know who Jonathan is. I've gone to Metrostars games with him and Chopper. I am probably going to get there around 1:30 I think but I can't seem to find what time the USA game starts.

8. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Please forgive me re: Jonathan. I have gone to only one Metrostars game- luckily, it was a good one- Metrostars 5-4 New England, with that sick Djorkiaeff goal! Having met Alexi and knowing that Marvell Wynne III will be playing has made Metros a much more attractive option.

I did mention to him that you'd probabaly pop in to Nevadas well before the Barca game.

The USA game starts at 1130! Better get moving!

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    [result]Finita la comedia for US. Finland 4 - US 3 [/result]

10. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Well Eddie I hope you feel like a fool, saying Russia has no chance for gold, and that it would be between Canada/Czech Republic. Have fun!

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I didn't say that they have NO chance. I just said that they tend to be flaky...which they are. They've played as well as anyone since their first game and I would have to think along with Finland, they are the favorites now.

Now where did BestBecks get to after talking all that garbage about the greatness of Canada?

12. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    I'm wondering the same thing. I wonder if he'll show up here ever again for that matter. Nabokov was amazing today btw. I will personally build a monument for him + ovechkin and Krikunov when I go to russia.

13. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    PS - Eddie get on aim I have an idea.......

14. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  16. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :)

Yeah I quite like the hockey, get freebies for MSG every season and that. Rangers fan naturally :D

the olympics? the Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden and Russia....I'd say it will be the Finns

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    ha, Finns? No way Monkee. I'm taping today's game b/w Russia and Finland, so don't tell me the results. But if Russia plays the same way as they did against Canada, Finns will lose.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    then avoid this site during the game because I am "working" early today so I can watch both games here at work.

Yeah but if the Fins play the same way as they did against everyone else, Russia will lose.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    as long as we can neutralize Sellane, we will be fine.

20. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think Suomi is deeper, but Selanne is key.
    Gonna be one hell of a game - only exceeded by that whuppin we're gonna give Barca in 1 1/2 weeks...

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :( :(

Hats off to Finnland. That was a superb performance. However, when your teams wins 3% of all face-offs, what can you expect. Yesterday, we played as bunch of individuals, Finns played as a team. Simple as that.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :( dame god damn story. I mean, do Russians know what teamwork is? Afinogenov, Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, all trying to outskate the entire Czech team by themsleves and then shoot as soon as they cross the blue line. What the hell is that? Very dissapointing Olympics.

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FLYERS SCORE WITH .6 SECS LEFT! FREDDY MEYER! What a game this is. Jesus Christ this game has been good.

24. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Ovechkin with a goal + 2 assists today. He is at 79 points right now. He might be the best rookie to brace the NHL to date.

25. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Saw it at Blue Moon with a Flyers fan. He almost had a coronary - and we were talking earlier in the evening (along with a very worldly Slovak) about 400 lb. Kirby Puckett, the Chicago Bulls circa 1975, Pelle Lindbergh, Ken "the Rat" Linseman. In other words, multi-topical, fueled by drink but not to the point of incoherency. Ovechkin on another set, Rangers on a third - funny how Hollweg is such a man vs. Atlanta (guess they don't have enforcers), but he gets clobbered by Cam Janssen.Then that goal topped it off. A fine way to spend a couple hours, given the Nou Camp shite earlier in the week.

Feel REALLY good about Trader Lou. My nephew's staying (at least as of this writing). Albany is the past......