OT--- Mod coming to England...that means me

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Dr. Boots, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To my fellow posters across the pond,

I am coming over to England sometime near the end of Feb. or start of March to visit London, take a tour of Old Trafford and try to catch a United match or two (expensive I know) but I was hoping to meet some of you in person and maybe have some of you show me around your neck of the woods.

I will have more details in the next few weeks about when exactly I am coming and where I will be staying but I am looking forward to meeting some of you in person and having a fun trip. I think it would be fun to set up a BigSoccer pub crawl or something so we can all hang out and have a good time. I did have a few questions about cheap places to stay in London and anyone with any info on that would be a big help.

Johnny

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Where are you looking at staying, in a hotel or hostel? The Generator in Russell Square is apparently quite good and cheap, lot of young students come over and stay there. It's over the road from my mum's house. If you need anything drop me a PM fella.

In other news, this is an excuse to get apps and Case to meet in person and record the hilarity that ensues, then bung it on YouTube!!!!!!!!

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How 'bout Bigg rather takes you to watch some quality football at the Emirates rather...

4. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    bigg, where's ur neck of the woods then mate? aint you norrrfff london?

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I was, used to live in Russell Square near Kings Cross up until like 2-3 years ago when I moved to Bromley.

6. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    im north west.

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

So Hendon sort of way? When I think of North West London I think Harrow, Brent Cross, Finchley etc. I went to school in Hendon and shagged the fittest bird EVER in Cricklewood. She was fine.

8. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    im actually between 2 places at the moment, from wycombe originally, live in wembley, was living in ruislip for a while, lived in hackney for a couple of years as well on the east side of town. lovely place that was...

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Everywhere in London is lovely...or not :p

It is funny how people 10 years ago went on that if you walked through Kings Cross you would get murdered, raped or both, but I lived there for most of my life and I had one fight. That was it.

10. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    ive got mates all over, i must admit i was a bit of a hoodlum myself, and probably to some people still am, but your right it aint that bad.

11. semolina pilchard

Oct 29, 2007
    Lol its a small World. :cool:

I could have sworn I passed you the other day as well, just thought it was too coincidental lol.

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'm all over the place lol. Where and when was this that you saw me?

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Meh, I shall never meet my nemisis in person! he is far too gay!!! and the du-rag would offend my eyes!!

appleCORR

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    yea so long as that restraining order is in place we'll have to make do with wallbangers and e-banter...
    Be kewl to meet up wid JC et al on biggs doorstep, but 1) id get stabbed up in the bromley ends (prolly by apps) and 2) with the way work is I'll possibly be waaaay to busy/unemployed late feb/early march....

15. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I work in Camden so count me in for any evening pub crawl! :)

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Did this happen yet?

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, due to the exchange rate being so crap for the US $ I am holding off so I don't end up with less than half my money between euro and pound exchanges. I think the winter is looking more likely than now. I just don't want to end up having half the money I thought I would once I get over there and being able to do the things I want to do.

18. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you going to take your nice $600 refund check with you?