OSSC Regional Subgroups

Discussion in 'Supporters Group' started by Macsen, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, we've determined that we should form regional groups, with a central umbrella group. And to be honest, I'm okay if it stays OSSC.

We need to identify who's willing to organize where. I know teamAOK is interested in Lake County, or at least South Lake. I'm doing South Orange/Osceola. Honestly I don't know where you are, papadop, though you usually meet downtown.

2. teamAOK

teamAOK New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Clermont, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    I'm down for the Regional idea, my only concern is will we be able to present a unified front come game time. Or will there be too many chants and songs that only each group knows?

And personally, I'm not too fond of OSSC. It looks too close to OCSC and doesn't scream "Don't Mess With Us!" Haha.

3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to organize a southern region. Currently I am targetting south-central Orange and Osceola. South of the Bee Line, between Disney and the Airport

I like the early concept name, Billy Powell's Brigade (Billy Powell is the birth name of Chief Osceola), but I know there are some who weren't fond of it, at least as a general name for the umbrella group. So I have come up with an alternative name: Rodeo.

Obviously this harkens on the Silver Spurs Rodeo. Also, it has to do with the night club that used to exist in Southchase Village.

This also raises some awesome group song possibilities, especially Garth Brooks' "Rodeo".

4. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you guys focus all of your energy on one big supporter group for now? The Mob has been as successful as it has been because we didn't bother trying to form "brigades" or whatever you want to call them. We are one group. Everyone contributes song ideas, promotions ideas and everything else as one group at one location. So nice.

If those develop in the future then great, but for now it seems a little over the top and a waste of energy. I guess you all are just having fun with it, but seems like serious business for a brand new semi pro team.

Edit: obviously if it doesn't interfere with the growth and dynamics of the group as a whole then who cares? Could even help with promotion of the supporters group and supporter culture.

But if it does become a hindrance, like if it keeps you from being as organized as you want to be at games/watch parties/tail gates etc. then I'd be concerned.