Orlando City 2016 General News Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by BigData, Jan 7, 2016.

1. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I fervently disagree. Ramos had already lost his spot to Alston under the Heath regime. He's been ready to go for a few weeks now, and Alston and even Redding appear to be ahead of him at right back. Some of that might be that Kreis hasn't been able to get him out there. But mostly it's because Ramos just isn't very good defensively at this stage in his career. He is better going forward than Alston, but as mediocre as Alston has been on defense, Ramos is less consistent and more prone to being out of position.

Ramos is unlikely to regain his starting position this season, IMO. I really wonder if he'll be back, but he could stick around in a reserve role. Or he could work very hard in the offseason and get a chance.

2. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So even if they defend equally poorly, which they don't, Ramos is better, why would Alston be preferred if Ramos is better going forward?

3. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Because Alston is better and more consistent defensively. In all honesty, Ramos has been a train wreck on defense to this point in his young career.

4. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Yeah, because Heath, the interim coach, and Kreis are all wrong and you're right.

6. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, when a player is injured, they tend not to play. I'm surprised you needed that explained to you. Ramos is not a great defender or anything. If he was, Benfica wouldn't have pawned him off on us. He's just better than Alston, which isn't all that difficult.

7. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Ramos was on the bench under Heath before he got injured.

Ramos has been healthy for several weeks, and only got into the 18 this past weekend because of other injuries and suspensions.

Both coaches chose Alston over Ramos.

I'm surprised I had to explain that to you.

8. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incorrect yet again.

9. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

10. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt bother to watch the game this weekend. Had stuff to do around the house and didnt want to be put in a bad mood. It was the right decision.

Now that we are eliminated, there are 2 things I want to see in the final 2 games:
    We need to play Ribero.
    We need to play Ramos.

We need to see what they could potentially bring next year.

11. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    One of the best games the team has played in a while, the goals just didn't go in.

Looking forward to seeing Ambrose, Ramos and Edwards Jr the last two games.

12. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moral victories help you get into the playoffs.*

13. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    You must lead a miserable life if soccer makes you this upset.

14. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's easier to not feel bitter when you knew there'd be no playoffs months ago.

Midfield General repped this.
  15. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, my life is awesome. My team however is in the gutter. Thank god UCF is doing well again and able to take my mind off OCSC. Criticism of this team is completely warranted.

I wont blindly follow this team and think every decision they make is great. I will criticize them as necessary. They have made a lot of poor choices going back to this time last year. I hope that they can turn it around in the off season. They will need to make a lot of moves to be competitive again. The good news is there is now 2 new teams to make deals with.

The only positive right now is that we have 2 full games to test all of our players out. These last 2 results dont matter as much as seeing who we still think we can utilize next season.

16. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016 Salaries:
    Kaka - 6,660,000.00
    Nocerino - 600,000.00
    Shea - 550,000.00
    Ramajo - 420,000.00
    Perez - 250,000.00
    Aja - 192,000.00
    Rochez - 180,000.00
    Hines - 150,000.00
    Bendik - 140,000.00
    Larin - 135,000.00
    Alston - 130,000.00
    Laryea - 125,000.00
    Molino - 110,000.00
    Ramos - 96,000.00
    Carrasco - 95,000.00
    Redding - 95,000.00
    Baptista - 90,000.00
    Donovan - 90,000.00
    Boden - 82,500.00
    Higuita - 80,000.00
    Rivas - 80,000.00
    Heath - 63,000.00
    Ribeiro - 63,000.00
    Turner - 63,000.00
    Barry - 62,500.00
    Garcia - 62,500.00
    Ambrose - 62,496.00
    Rocha - 62,496.00
    Edwards - 52,500.00
    Stajduhar - 51,500.00

17. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brek and Mateos make way too much money for their level of play. They need to go. Rochez's contract should also be up so thats frees up some more room ($1,150,000). Maybe there is a way to restructure Nocerino's contract to better help this team? $600k is a lot of money for his production, even though it has gotten a lot better.

Hines doesnt get paid alot, but we need an upgrade. We never should have let Colin go. Im not sure we really know what we have with Aja yet. Redding is still young/growing and doesnt have a big cap hit.

Larin will need a raise if we dont sell him. Molino and Carrasco will likely need raises as well. Bendik will probably get one as well.

Over the next 2 games, we need to decide whats going to happen with Boden, Ramos, and Alston.

18. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Boden is already decided. I really doubt we'll see him play. Kreis has seen more than enough already. Same with Alston. I can't imagine Boden comes back, even as a backup. Alston may or may not be back, based on what Kreis picks up or thinks he can pick up. He seems to like Alston more than most fans do. I think Ramos will get a chance, but there really isn't any reason to get rid of him. He's cheap enough and still has upside for the future. You may seem him down at OCB a lot more next year. I do expect to see him the next two games.

I think Aja and Redding stay with Mateos and Hines gone. That doesn't mean that Aja and Redding are starters next year. If you can free the salaries of Mateos and Hines, you can pick up a pretty solid CB or two.

In all honest, I think Bendik may be gone. He really isn't that good. He makes positioning mistakes and has very little agility. It shouldn't be too hard to find an upgrade there.

Where do you see Rochez at over $1mil? He's only at $180k, it is the various MLS rules and transfer fee that made him a DP.

If you think Nocerino is overpaid at $600k, you aren't going to like his salary next year. It's supposed to jump up to around $1mil, from what I've heard.

I think Rivas and Ribeiro are gone. Rivas maybe just because he doesn't want to stick around. Shea could be gone because of salary, hopefully we can trade him.

19. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We might keep Boden as a back up or even loan him to OCB to be a players/coach kind of thing. Same with Alston. We really need to find out what we have with Ramos in these next 2 games.

Sorry meant, Brek, Mateos, and Rochez together are over $1M. That money could go along way in MLS. Just need to find a way to get rid of the dead weight.

Im right there with you on Bendik. Hes cheap, but theres a reason why. He is not as good as our fans seem to think. I think hes a slightly above average GK.

I hope we find a way to keep Rivas around. His contract is very friendly. Ribeiro, I love him, but hes getting older and possible injury concern.

Either way, we really need to see a complete shake up on the back line. If we can free up some money, we should be able to acquire some good guys.

20. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I see, yeah Brek, Mateos and Rochez combined have a lot of salary. But if Kreis wants to move to a 4-4-2 we will need more forwards. Rochez is apparently scoring goals again. Maybe they give him another chance to make the team in the spring, or maybe he would rather be somewhere else.

Shea is so hard to figure out. He still has load of talent, and has good games. But he's old enough now that he should be more consistent.

Rivas almost drips talent. The guy is strong and fast and has a wicked shot. It will be interesting to see if Kreis wants to try and develop him or just move on.

21. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rivas would be worth keeping if we can get him below DP status.

22. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    He will be below DP status if his transfer fee has amortized off. We could always get him off DP if we needed to, it just saved a few bucks making him a young DP.

23. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im over Rochez. Sure he might be scoring goals now, but I just dont see it happening in MLS. No other team seems to have made a move for him. That should tell you all you need to know.

24. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Actually, it was my understanding that the team received several offers for him in the offseason. The guy is very young and had to make a huge move to the United States at a very young age. He clearly has the talent if he can get comfortable. He also probably fits the Kreis system better than Larin does.

25. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States