Pre-match: Oranje vs Sweden & Moldova Euro Qualifying

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Mighty Dutch, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You thought you had a chance v Holland and now that it turns out that Holland are out of Sweden's league you're disappointed and pissed off and trying to get out of it with some dignity. Good luck with that - on the Swedish forum. Leave us here to discuss our national team. Thank you.

2. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Don´t ask an old man :). I am too old. 35.

And after this game I feel much, much older instantly.

We swedes have congratulated Holland to their convincing victory. But we will win in Stockholm and during coming games we´ll try to get back those goals we lost. I have learnt that most dutch are nice people, but some in here that seems to be continously arrogant. But it´s natural when your team is producing good results. I would probably also be a bit cocky:D.

So congrats tulips. But we´ll hunt you down.....hopefully;).

Bigballs: Ja dom kör hårt som fan. Nya v60 byggs ju nu också. Massa koncept-grejor som måste justeras.

Heja Sverige!

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    On the one hand i have this wonderfull advice of you, don't post your emotions. On the other hand I have the subtitle of Bigsoccer.... Share the passion! What means a strong feeling or emotion. So you got me totally confused Busted Balls what to do. Shall i go with the whole setup of this website or shall I go with your brilliant advice? Hmmm, a hard one isn't it

Yeah here you are an hypocrite. When you accuse v Bommel of diving dutch posters admit to it openly. No problem. But when we make a fair accusation on Zlatans part you quickly jump to defend his ridiculous action.

And what about Toivonen kicking a v Bommel who lay on the ground. He got a yellow for that, but that was not fair play. What about bringing down VDV when he outplayed two Sweeds at the corner flag or on the midfield. They couldn't handle him with football, so they used other methods

This is what you said: "Well unfortunately you ARE divers" . We had against Sweden one diver in the team. But if you like to generalize so much than we have to call Sweden a bunch of thugs, because Zlatan is playing in your team.

"Well unfortunately you ARE divers" . Yeah I wonder who started. Formulate your sentences in that case appropriately if you make a big deal out of it. For me I don't care. I identify with my national team and use us and you. I have defended my national side in hundreds of posts so for me its not an issue. Also I'm not out there to sound like a homer. I just have orange blood son.

There is no shame in losing from the number 2 of the world. You got that right.

Man you are desperate. Holland had 0 cards this game. No yellow no red. We outplayed Sweden with good football for 70 minutes. It could have easily been 6-0 after 65 minutes. But instead of focussing on that you choose to focus on 2 or 3 dives from v Bommel. You want to outplay this negative label so bad that it is comical. V Bommel gave you one blade of grass and you are more than eager to take it. I think Sweden played more negative and dirtier than Holland. They also made more fauls and had two yellow cards. You have nothing really. So go to you own forum and talk about curling or something.

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben on the left. Easy.

Best team in the world right here:

-Robben-----Huntelaar----Van Persie
    ------Vd Vaart-------Sneijder---
    ---------------De Jong--------
    Urby--Mathijsen-Heitinga--Vd Wiel
    -------------Stekelenburg

5. VHZD

VHZD Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Győr, Hungary
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjmg-j-Hk4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjmg-j-Hk4[/ame]

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL, Nice to see DRB300 in a feisty debate for a change. :D Don't get me wrong though, I'm on your side entirely.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice to see Huntelaar demonstrate that he's a better player/striker than Ruud btw. Maybe he'll get some recognition some day.

8. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You know, I really don't like diving and all, but you just gotta love how Bommeltje brings out the very best in BS posters. I guess it's still a hip thing to hate on Oranje. Cry me a river to dive in to.

I'm curious what Bert is going to do when van Persie is fit to play again.

9. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Probably on the right while Kuyt and Robben are still out. When Robben gets back, I have no idea.

10. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope you're right. But I can see Bert giving van Persie another shot as a striker now that we play with only one d-mid. For me, Huntelaar cemented his place there's no question about that. Up front it's going to be one big puzzle when everybody's fit and in form.

Before the Moldova match I actually wanted VdV and Sneijder to swap places, but now I'm actually all for VdV taking de Jong's place. He has more stamina to do dirty work and is less a primadonna compared to Sneijder. They were both great yesterday, a joy to watch.

11. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol @ swedes whining about diving

have they ever watched their ice hockey team?

13. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Just some quick points before I head off for the long weekend:

1) Its clear Oranje dont need de Jong as badly as I thought. Vaart can replace him IMO and possibly overall perform better as DM (because he adds offence)

2) Huntelaar should be our No1 striker, vPersie should be benched. Robin scored 1 lousy goal in 6 matches during WC, thats not good enough. Plus Hunter is in his prime and cant stop scoring. RvN should be our No2 back up and vPersie No3 striker (or be used as backup midfielder)

3) With this lineup we should be strong favourites to win Euro in 2012 (along with Germany and Spain)

14. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1) We played Moldavia and a mediocre Sweden.

2) So what happens when van Persie is actually in form? Remember, he was coming back from a long-term injury and didn't have many matches in him before he came to South Africa.

3) Agreed but I think that's been true the last two decades. We've fielded extremely talented squads since, the last 80s.

15. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    Sweden arent a world class side, but I wouldnt call them mediocre either
    Not a good excuse IMO, vPersie found his form in the friendlies leading up to the WC. But once WC started he couldnt deliver

16. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5leVQeK_3Ws"]YouTube - Hazes - Bloed, Zweet & Tranen[/ame]

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well since someone wants to ignore me and these matches are long over. I've had enough of this game.