Pre-match: Oranje vs. Bulgaria & Italy

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Meanwhile Clasie is a bench player for Southampton and Wijnaldum is a key player for Liverpool.

Your bias against Wijnaldum is well noted. He was good at the WC and was the best player on the field against Brazil. Clasie did nothing of note.

Orange14 and BaritoPutra repped this.
  2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Klopp gets a lot out of Wijnaldum but neither Hiddink or Blind have been able to do so.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think she hijacked FSF's account

4. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Wijnaldum vs Mexico =

A very quiet performance. The PSV star failed to be much of an attacking threat from midfield and he was rarely noticeable.

Wijnaldum vs Costa Rica =

A quite quiet game, but was economical with his use of the ball and slotted into the system well.

Wijnaldum vs Argentina =

Helped his side maintain defensive solidity throughout but his passing often let him down. He was perhaps overly negative, though.

Clasie vs Argentina =

Came on for De Jong in the 62nd minute for his World Cup debut and picked up where his team-mate left off with a strong showing.

Source goal.com

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I'm not biaised against Wijnaldum, he is starting to show good things with Liverpool but his NT bilan is very poor so far and DRB300 used to think the same. He had only one strong game and it was a charity one against Brazil.
    Clasie is really struggling with his club but I liked him more with NT, his outstanding pass for Van Persie against Ecuador, his game against Italy in 2013...Clasie got obvious weaknesses but he is a great distributor and he showed it against Argentina. Came on and started to give sweet long balls.

curbo repped this.
  6. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #281 curbo, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Clasie is only good when playing a lone or preferably double DM role. (same for wijnaldum tbh as an AM with space to eat) This season under Shampton he was forced to play a box to box role in a diamond formation for the new coach and failed. Under Koeman in Shampton he was good and up for that level competition. Clasie and Wijnaldum do not overlap or compete for the same spot at all, such different players.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great, so we have the next Oranje argument over whether its Clasie over Wijnaldum??

Things are going great!! :thumbsup:

JC-14 repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes you are!!!

The lad has done well with his limited amount of time that he's been granted in Oranje. Quite frankly I'm deeply offended by the way you've treated GW. Not at all fair!!

9. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Limited amount of time ? He is almost always a starter since the world cup and particularly under Blind and he is doing very little.

Janssen has done much more than him in few games, Van Dijk as well. To be honest, even Klaassen had better games than him.

10. Whaaaat ..... Orange14....for this insult he deserves the severest punishment

11. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I really don't like Klaassen but he had a good game against Spain in the friendly for example, last game against Italy too.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen plays much better for the NT than he does at Ajax. He's still nothing special.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His finishing is horrible too. But his passing game is pretty good

14. According to "Hard gras" Jorge Sampaoli has said he wants the Orange job. He also said that he has a clause in his Sevilla contract for this kind of occasions and he also said he would act on it if the KNVB offers him the job.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Chile did really well under Sampaoli, both from results and style standpoints. I still remember Chile of 2015 when they won the Copa America... played fast and pressure football. I don't follow Sevilla (or Spanish league to that matter) but they seem doing okay. Not sure about the chemistry in the Dutch NT with having a foreign coach and all that (when was the last time this happened?), but I wouldn't mind gambling on Sampaoli, if he is really interested and available.

16. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Believe that 78 was the last foreign coach and it wasnt bad at all! Sampoli would be an interesting choice

17. Yep, but that was the inventor of the Dutch 4-3-3, Ernst Happel. The only one I remember to be a match for Johan Cruijff when it comes to vision.on the game.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How about David Moyes??

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only if you want more boring football than Frank de Boer would have the team play. Regarding Sampaoli, I think he is under serious consideration for the Barca job and don't take a link with the Dutch NT seriously.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Not a fan of Moyes... I don't think he's a good tactian at all. M.U under him was a disaster and painful to watch. He's beyond awful in the transfer market (which is an indication how poorly he evaluates/judges talent). Looks like his Sunderland today is all but finished, barring any miracle comeback.

I like Brandan Rogers. Young and ambitious. Huge proponent of fast flowing attacking football. I thought his tenure in Liverpool was pretty good. Decent results all things considered. Unfortunately he was hamstrung by Suarez leaving to Barca. He failed to find an adequate replacement - which was a very difficult task to begin with! He just won Scottish league with Celtics so his stock is climbing up again. Probably tough to snatch him. Rumor has it that Arsenal is lining up big sum for him to replace Wenger.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would like perhaps a German coach

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    What about Arsene Wenger? He's a legend, will immediately command respect in the dressing room. Very meticulous in his approach, a clever strategist and a risk taker. Play one-touch passing football (too beautiful sometime that the goal in the end is missing :p) Great with youngsters, will usher in the Dutch NT to a new era with a new generation.

From Wenger' side... He hasn't managed and won with a national team, so this would be a new challenge and motivation for him. Plus this kind of a semi-retirement for him, although he recently said that he doesn't believe in retirement.

24. Well, that would keep Bildzeitung busy for some time:D

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They truly hate Oranje from all the articles I read.
    They really rubbed it in when our 2012 debacle happened