Pre-match: Oranje - Japan Oefenmatch [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1. Your quotes make little sense.
    2. Do you even know the meaning of 'trolling'?
    3. Are you aware that you're NOT in the japanese board?
    4. Hmm:
    Yet you returned. Do you see the irony of that statement?

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is American. He just likes Japanese soccer, and a lot of other countries' soccer. I have no business with what he posts in forums other than mine.

See, you're out of line.

And if you have a problem with me as a mod, please report me to a supermod. That would be interesting, because I am reporting you now for insulting me.

3. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Where did I make fun of you? And where did posters insult you? Proof please.

What a blatant disregard for your duty as a mod. Even though you're not assigned to the Dutch board you can at least do some damagecontrol to and bring back the peace. The one factor that brought illtempered arguments on the surface was scotch antics. Simple as.

Backbone? Again, let us see how we wounded you in a fashion that warrants attantion.

Ever heard of 'You reap what you sow'? he didn't address your name did he? He could have been talking about scotch who ignited the irritation of Dutch posters. Again: action > reacion.

How were you appointed to be a mod? An honest question.

4. Barcalove redded

Barcalove redded Red Card

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're reporting me??!!! Oh noes, I'm scared [​IMG]

And yes, you are trolling (you're a mod no less).
    Going on and on about some stupid friendly in the Dutch forum is trolling.
    Cant you tell you're not welcome here??!!

You said your piece, you think Japan outplayed us for 60 minutes.
    Good for you.....bravo...bravo [​IMG]

5. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I called him a 'muppet', I guess he doesnt understand thats not derogatory, its the same as calling him a 'joker' (which is what he is) :D

6. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Barcalove, I think you said "I am done" some 10 posts ago... now you go all the way to make searches and pledge innocent...

Are you worried?

FYI I could have given you an infraction or a card whenever I wanted, but since I am not blinded by the authority that has been given to me (whatever you might think) I have just reported you to the supermods who live upstairs and they will decide what to do.

If there's no problem with them, then I am OK with it too.

But besides that, keep in mind that it is really bad manners to insult people from other countries and to tell them to go away.

Soccer is a game, and the idea is to bring people together, perhaps to discuss and confront others, but always with the idea that it is for fun. Thus, even if our friend Neskeens might think I am too philosophical, I find it very sad that you can't get yourself to do it...

Nobody from other countries who came to the Japanese forum (including many Dutch) TO TALK has ever been insulted and invited to leave. We might be a very young soccer country, but I think that for some things we embody the SPIRIT of the game better than many.

Cheers. :)

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They asked me if I wanted to, I said yes.
    An honest reply.

9. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm shaking in my boots. Also Japan are clear favourites to win the world cup after that dominating display vs Oranje
    Did you report Scotch17 to supermods also??!!
    I know, it is bad manners. But please, please go away
    Cheers to you also :)

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Barcalove, it is not for me to report problems in other forums between a guy who supports Japan and other users I don't know. Your mod can report him, if he wants. I have no jurisdiction in this forum.

But if you insult me, since I am a mod, I can report you.

And I don't know why you should again make fun of Japan and say "Also Japan are clear favourites to win the world cup," since so far you have won as many as us.

11. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blah....blah....blah [​IMG]

Bye....bye Goru No Ura [​IMG]

Be careful the screendoor doesnt hit you on the way out

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's the way we are, and it worked fine in many fields. perhaps it will work in soccer as well, but it takes time...

The player hurt by Sneijder was Makoto Hasebe, a Bundesliga Champion with Wolfsburg.

13. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    This all started when two Japanese fans claimed Sneijder and de Jong had intent to injure the Japanese players, should have been red carded, and that Japan "dominated" the Netherlands.

These are the posts I'm talking about:

Those are very antagonistic posts, one from a mod, that really got this thread off on the wrong foot. Accusing others of insults and undiplomatic behavior falls on deaf ears when you came here throwing barbs in the first place.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can reply only for MY posts:

Throwing barbs? Phew... :rolleyes:

I just stated the facts (my only comment was "very disturbing"), and what I wrote was agreed upon by:
    - The Dutch coaching staff (official apology--even translated in Japanese!)
    - Jaap Stam and the Dutch commentators
    - Most International journalists, including many Dutch ones
    - Quite a few on this thread

I was just wondering if Sneijder behaves like that often--something that actually has been confirmed by some of you here.

If you think that Sneijder should be blessed by amnesty and discussing him and/or criticizing him for a murderous tackle is "antagonistic," I don't know what to say, sorry...

As far as I am not insulting, I think I should still be entitled to my ideas, in any BigSoccer forum I like to visit, since I am a regularly registered user who lives by the same rules as others.

And fyi, the fact I am a mod it doesn't mean I can't be opinionated: these forums are for discussion, mods included.

If you have a problem with my posts, you have the right to report me, and your mod is free to give me sanctions, but he better have a good reason for it, because I won't just take it if I am convinced I have done nothing wrong.

For now basically what you Eric are saying is that since I debuted here criticizing Sneijder ("antagonistic"), it is OK to insult me, and I shouldn't complain about it.

Wow :)

15. dwbakker

dwbakker New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Sarnia, ON
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is just stupid. It was a friendly ffs, and here we are still throwing shit at eachother? Don't you all have better things to do? And I mean both sides.

Shit happens, grow some skin.

17. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG] .....

18. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    Then why didn't you just say that? Why the ill-advised accusations of intent to injure? That would have saved us all some time.

Give me a break. This is just nonsense you're trying to pin on me. My post and the way I took yours have nothing to do with Sneijder or his bad tackle.

Who said you're not entitled to your opinions? Again, I said nothing of the sort. We get outsiders posting here just like every other BigSoccer board without issue. But when you say what you said instead of "I thought Sneijder's tackle deserved a red," or, "Does Sneijder always do that?" you're seemingly intentionally stirring the pot.

I welcome others to this board just like others welcome me to theirs. I have no problem with your posts in general; I have a problem with posts that cause trouble with the locals. And like it or not, your post drew negative reaction from the locals (as evidenced by the people who quoted you and voiced their disapproval).

And this business of reporting people is for children. I wish people would stop mentioning it since we're not out on the school yard.

Again, more attempts to put words in my mouth or read something that isn't there.

That's not what I'm saying, and you know that's not what I'm saying. My point was what I posted before: your first post came off as antagonistic.

On top of that, you should know a better way to get your point across without saying Japan was owning Holland. "Owning" is never a word you use unless you want to draw a reaction (the score was 0-0 and Japan had, what, no shots on goal? How was that owning by any definition of the word?).

If I stepped into the Japan board and said, "The Netherlands owned Japan today, and Japan was upset so they were overly physical," how would you have responded, both as a fan and a mod? And how would the other Japanese fans have responded?

Further, I didn't excuse anyone's use of insults. I pointed out when you debut with what you debuted, it's not surprising when the discussion deteriorates.

19. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You know what, lets try that and see how they respond

*runs over to Japan forum*

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    To the Japanese mod: Im sorry but I really don't understand what you want from the Dutch posters. Several Dutch posters (with the emphasis on Dutch, non-Dutch Holland fans do tend to get a bit overzealous in their support, I'm sure that sounds familiar to you) had already expressed their disgust with Sneijder without you prompting it. They had also already pointed out that the Dutch were rubbish in the first sixty minutes and that Japan deserved a compliment for not parking the bus. Yet you for strange reason are trying to turn this into an anti-Japan thing. I pointed out to you on the Japanese forum that you were wrong when you said prior to the game that everybody in Holland was looking down and Japan and being disrespectful of them in the media. A Japanese, Dutch-based poster backed me up on this and agreed that the Dutch media had even been very positive about Japanese football. Yet you still want to turn this into an anti-Japan thing. I'm sorry but the problem is with you and not with us, and it might be a good idea to ask yourself why you see an enemy behind every tree. The truth is we don't really care enough about Japanese football to be anti your lot. If that is arrogant, then I apologise, but such is the reality of international football. Ás long as we don't consider you a real threat, we won't feel any animosity towards you whatsoever, and in fact we might actually like you considering that your side showed guts in that game.

This again might disappoint you but for us this friendly had very little relevance, other than that it proved to us that we can win games even when we're rubbish and nothing is at stake. What you want to conclude from the game from the Japanese perspective is completely up to you and none of our business but the Dutch forum is perhaps not the best place to discuss it.

21. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland