Pre-match: Oranje - Japan Oefenmatch [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What do you want me to say? You had 30 good minutes in a friendly while Mendes sa Silva was playing and Sneijder lost his cool? Your players already have played half their competition games, right? Ours are still lacking some gamefitness and you still had exhausted players. That's kind of a compliment to the Dutch side.

Yes, 3-0 better:eek:

2. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol what? Please... what have I forced down your throat? I made fun of Japans' inability to pose a threat in response to what I assumed was some banter -- and then you and your buddies managed to even take offense at that !!
    Wow.

NEWSLFASH: I didn't bring this topic up -- this topic being why I wanted to see the match again. YOU DID. I corrected you. End of conversation.

MmmmmmK. You're acting as if there some kind of disagreement here.

3. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't make me quote your derogatory comments. You're well aware what you said about us, 'bunch'.

I hope so. Now get back to your own forum pls.

You're not using banter, you're plainly insulting us.

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You mean comments like these?

I'll leave you with a word of the day: Hypocrisy.

5. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As humans we're ambiguous lifeforms prone to hypocricy. There isn't a soul who's not subject to this.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Please, read my message well: I was actually saying better than British and Germans, as fans, as sense of humor...

7. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Did you get upset? I'm am me, not some brit or german, accept me for who I am and don't try to mold me in something to your own liking, thanks.

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I do accept you for what you are, but still I believe you misread my previous post.

I was comparing (positively) Dutch vs Brits/Germans, and you replied by reminding me the score of Holland-Japan, as if I had compared Dutch and Japanese.

And no, I am not upset.
    I was really upset for Sneijder's foul, but the game is over now... :rolleyes:

9. Barcalove redded

Barcalove redded Red Card

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nor do we particularly care
    Extremely good??!!! Puhllease :rolleyes:
    You outplayed us for 1/2 hour, yet you still have nothing to show for it
    Who????!!! :confused:
    Ahh, here we go with the excuses
    Going by that it should be 10 vs 10, remember that late tackle on our keeper (Velthuizen)??! Also red-card worthy
    No shit
    What effort??? 30 minutes of decent play??
    You still lost 3-0, and it couldve easily been 4 or 5-0
    And he finishes it with a semi-compliment and a smiley.

Really, we dont care what you think of us. We also dont care much about friendlies.
    Apparently you do though and it appears you are sore losers as well. You dont see us invading your forum do you??

Now run along and stop bothering us

10. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We dont care what you post. Please leave!
    Blah...blah....blah
    We were upset about the serious foul on Velthuizen also.

Now run along and say bye-bye [​IMG]

11. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You missed the banter.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am sorry, do you actually OWN this forum...?

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Seriously I noticed that on the Japanese forum too, you people have the biggest inferiority complex I have ever encountered in football. For the tenth time, the Dutch are so self-obsessed that they couldn't give a shite who they're playing, they just analyse their own performance.

Maybe the Japanese can learn a thing or two from that. Take some pride in your national team and stop worrying about what everybody else thinks of it.

14. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm done with this Japanese muppet.

You can take over, Johan :D

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Johan, I agree the Japanese have some inferiority complex about their soccer, and toward westerners in general. The reasons should be quite easy to understand as I am sure you know world history and what happened in 1945.

As a matter of fact I can assure you that some of the players you (maybe) have seen playing vs Holland are much better than the way they played that particular game. Last Wednesday they were really intimidated by playing against some of the best in the world.

If you've seen the game Japan-Ghana, you know Japan is not that bad as it was in the last 30 m versus Holland. The effort to keep up was too much, and we gave up. Not an excuse, just sheer truth. japan could control Holland for one hour, but games last 90 minutes!

See, one way we deal with that is by having some self-sense of humor. We're newbies!

And actually, I think we try to be proud, and we actually wrote about it... But if you see some of the replies I have got here ("We don't care what you think", "Go back to your forum", etc.), you'll understand it is not easy.

Finally, one last thing. Because of our philosophy, we always examine the opponent as well. We believe the opponent is a mirror of ourselves, so it is not in our nature to just look at us.

Cultural differences are found in the way people play and live sport as well, I hope we can live with accepting how others see things... We deeply admire the Dutch team and its players (except from Sneijder, I am afraid)

You might also know that we have one naturalized Dutch player (Mike Havenaar) who played for our Youth NT. His dad Dido is a coach in Japan.

We also have a huge interest in Holland because of Honda and before him Hirayama.

That is why it was very sad to see some Dutch players to make such fouls (De Jong was just playing rough, but Sneijder really wanted to hurt Hasebe), and it is also sad to see how some people reacted here. (Of course I am not talking about you)

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll be more than happy to discuss with somebody who brings up arguments rather than insults.

Also, I must remind you that I am a mod and I work for BigSoccer, so you might want to make an effort and try being a bit more respectful, since I have never insulted you or Holland in my posts.

17. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    First of all you come into the Dutch forum trolling (yes, you are semi-trolling).
    Second of all you are a mod in the Japan forum, you have no power here
    And third of all, I was initially being respectful until you guys kept whining on and on. Now you two have become annoying trolls.

Sheesh, all this over a stupid friendly that nobody in Holland really cares about. I probably wouldve forgotten about the game if you hadnt kept reminding us of it.

Oh and btw 3-0 :p :p :p

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Listen I mean no disrespect, but you should stop taking this so personally. Sneijder is a twat and committed a bad foul. That wasn't because he disrespects the Japanese or disliked his opponent (he probably didn't even have a clue who his opponent was), but because he's a twat who acted out because he got frustrated over his own bad play. That is all there was to it. I fear you're being far too philosophical about all of this.

19. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you're wondering why we are re-acting in such an alleged fashion you should take a closer look to why we seem on edge. There is one noted person who caused some turmoil when others disagreed with him.

If you were an unbiased mod you would at least try to convince scotch to tone it down in order to prevent him from insulting posters in a thread not native to him. We don't invade the japanese board degenerating their efforts against The Netherlands. So why do we have to accept trolling from Scotch:

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I do watch games double on very few occasions to check tactics and just because I enjoy Orange. To get back on topic and wrap up the alternitive interaction that has taken place in the last contributions in this trhread I would say that I have encountered a poster on the Japan thread that became mad when I hinted Holland didn't make a single action off ball which points at laziness.

To make this a valueble look back for analyses you must not disregard what is analysed from the dutch side. You can't operate internationally with 0 off ball movement. It's something Jaap Stam was pretty pissed about. The other commentator just could not believe it and kept pointing out you have to give it all in a full stadium.

The Japan dominance in midfield was credit to the good tecnical on ball Japanese on midfield and the bad handeling from a normal bench warmer Mendes da Silva. Day and night difference with v Bommel. You will see remarks on the Scotland game and in the Orange forum that the conclusions that are taken from the two games, is that v Bommel is massive for us. Bigger than Lampard for England I dare to say.

I have made a post on the Japan forum about the possiblity off mental collapse by the Japanese, which could be stealhted as condition problem. The collapse came with the first goal. A goal wich came from persoanal quality. The ball from Elia to v Persie was wrong he admitted after the game. He intended to play him in the feet but it landed on his chest. He had to control that and shoot in a second. He did. Good class goal. The possibility for the goal came from Elia who was not manmarked as Robben as I have understood. Don't send a rightback with offensive duty's away when the winger is all he can handle.

After that Japan collapsed and in the last 5 minutes there was room for two extra goals to make it 5-0. They were not themselves anymore. Maybe inject yourselve with the Guus Hiddink factor to care less about a goal. Don't start to refocus after a blow on whats can go wrong more, but stay the course.

Also Honda is no winger and he is a guy with cajones. Those are the guys who can win big games for you. Don't burn him down because he has self confidence. Make a team with him. 4-4-2 he should play as second striker. Add to that the striker you missed and menatal strenght and Japan can go trough a group stage at the WC.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, first of all, I am not threatening, I am just asking to respect those who work here.

I am not trolling, I am just discussing, or at least I am trying to.
    There were some posts above the lines, but they were not mine: find me a post where I was offensive...

So again I must ask you to behave a bit more politely, you are giving a bad name to the Dutch who are usually very nice people.

22. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18756382&postcount=129

Let people decide themselves whose trolling whom here.
    Thankyou, and have a good day.

23. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And have you reprimanded Scotch17??? No, you havent!! That means you're covering for your own countryman, and therefore you shouldnt be a mod.
    That works both ways, if you give us respect you will get it in return.
    Whining on and on in the Dutch forum is not being very respectful

24. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ... So basically you think it is fair to make fun of me and to let people in this forum insult me because I don't want to "convince scotch to tone it down" ... ?

Sir, I do not manage Scotch, he posts in many forums. He is not my son, and I do not have any obligation to track and scold users just because they write in my forum as well or because they support Japan in a specific game.

If you have a problem with him just report him to the supermods or do whatever you want, YOU are the mod here... Why do you have to hold ME responsible and let your posters to insult me and Japan...?

You want me to follow users around, but you can't even take care of what people write in your forum... I said nothing insulting, and I was called "Japanese muppet" ... is that OK?

Is that the Dutch sense of "respect" you were talking about in your PM?