Pre-match: Oranje - Japan Oefenmatch [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcalove redded

Barcalove redded Red Card

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL....you might wanna skip the 1st half though, its a perfect remedy for insomnia

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Only if you're Dutch and have no love of nice passing that never leads up to goals. :cool:

5. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    I think it would be just as boring for a Japanese fan. Japan had 45% of the possession and didn't really have any significant attempts on goal. I guess if you like to watch a team frustrate another, Japan had that going for them.

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow. Even when I make fun of their inability to pose a scoring threat you guys get defensive about it.
    Sure you're not English? :rolleyes:

7. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont think he's getting defensive, he's just stating facts.

Holland rarely get motivated for these types of matches, I find it weird they bother scheduling them anymore, whats the sense??!!

8. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really? Lack of motivation was the last thing I sensed from the Dutch attitude in the first half. It sounds more like you guys, despite deservedly winning, still have sour grapes because a "nobody" like Japan outplayed your world class midfield long enough to make Sneijder and de Jong throw the dummy out.

9. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now who's getting defensive??

Sure you're not English?

10. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really? Lack of motivation was the last thing I sensed from the Dutch attitude in the first half. It sounds more like you guys, despite deservedly winning , still have sour grapes because a "nobody" like Japan outplayed your world class midfield long enough to make Sneijder and de Jong throw the dummy out.

:rolleyes:
    Just stating facts.
    English might be your second language, so I'll cut you some slack.

11. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Trollboy, you lost 3-0 to a far superior team. Even if we didnt play our best

Please go back to your own forum! There you can brag to whomever cares you outplayed Holland for a whopping 30 minutes

12. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    As Barcalove said, I wasn't getting defensive. I was actually being complementary of Japan for their solid play in the first that frustrated the Dutch attack. Your first post just implied that it would be exciting for a Japan fan to watch the first half, and I just think it was pretty boring both ways.

13. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Scotch17,

I know you're seeking the positves from the game, but fact is that Holland is rarely fired up during friendlies. Having said that, van Marwijk choose to experiment and fielded our last choice midfielder: Mendes da Silva. This hampered the control of the midfield significantly since he lost far to many balls and doesn't bring much football. That's why Sneijder was frustrated, he had to go back to claim the ball.

We don't use friendlies to see where we stand, we already know how good the starters are. The footballers also know this, hence they don't go full throttle. That's just a fact. Notice how Holland began to play far better with the introduction of Demy de Zeeuw and an eager Eljero Elia. We also had a somewhat shaky Loovens who made his debut. Not to mention our 3rd and 4th choice keepers.

To you it's a big deal because Japan looked good against an experimental unwilling Dutch side. At the end of the day, Holland won by playing bad for their standards.

Finally, no need to troll here. You got your link and can analyze this meaningless friendly all you want.

14. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Actually I'm more interested in seeing exactly where and why things fell apart in the 2nd (besdies just "they became exhausted" -- which is obviously true, but I'm looking for more specifics.)

Whose trolling? You may want to reread this thread. I make light of Japans' weaknesses and still get attacked by sore winners. :rolleyes:

15. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont think exhaustion had that much to do with it.
    Holland were just better over 90 minutes and had the better individual quality

I'll give you this much though Japan has come a long way the last 15 years or so. And you did outplay us the first 30 min, thats for sure. Those are all good signs for things to come

16. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You lack quality and stamina.

I know not all people are blessed with a high IQ. Try to understand that you're aggrevating the posters in the DUTCH section in a thread where you are provocing. We don't accept derogatory comments. You lost 3-0 and we gained the ability to win a bad match which will be valuable since we put performance over result in the past.

Now take a hint and count your blessings.

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was that so hard to recognize? Jeez. Yes, Japan over-achieved for 30m... and even with some decent midfielders never looked like a real threat, because -- as you say -- they lack quality (especially especially especially up front)
    I never said they were quality or had stamina. I seem to recall saying the Dutch were world class... not the Japanese.

Where am I provoking? Am the one who posted this?
    or this?

or this?

Fine way you guys treat visitors around here.
    Apparently Sneijders' attitude isn't so uncommon afterall.

18. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Your welcome has run out I believe, Scotch.

It's one thing to debate about different views, another to force your opinion when you already have made it clear, even if other people see it differently.

Your last remark is a direct insult aimed at Dutch posters, and this should give you enough brainfood to think about why we bemoan trolls like you. You burned your own bridges.

19. Barcalove redded

Aug 2, 2009
    Holland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's not taking the 3-0 defeat very well :D

20. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch mentality: Oh, we win 3-0 against Japan? Yawn.. Oh wait, we didn't play our usual total football during that proces? How dare Holland not play attractive! :mad:

Japanese mentality: 30 minutes of hope. We must (over)analyze these tactics and implement it for future games. Quick, before this moment of brilliance fades :eek:

21. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And now tacit threads.
    You really are a pathetic bunch.
    Good riddance.

22. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1. Putting a PM on the forum again shows your ignorance. The PM was to settle a personal skirmish. It had no place on the forum, it doesn't work that way. Besides you're mistaking the tacit approach for your peevishness.

2. Calling us a pathetic bunch doesn't overcome your lack of selfcritisism.

3. Good riddance? I guess you're talking to yourself since you're the one who outstayed his welcome.

4. This is just the Dutch consensus:

Dutch mentality: Oh, we win 3-0 against Japan? Yawn.. Oh wait, we didn't play our usual total football during that proces? How dare Holland not play attractive! :mad:

Japanese mentality: 30 minutes of hope. We must (over)analyze these tactics and implement it for future games. Quick, before this moment of brilliance fades :eek:

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You guys clearly have no idea of what Japanese soccer is and where it comes from.

Japan professional soccer started only some 15 years ago, and this was possibly the first time ever we played one very solid hour of soccer versus one of the best teams in Europe, and a very exciting game versus possibly the best African team of the moment (Ghana).

Japan's first half versus Holland was extremely good, your players were continuously funneled to the middle of the field where they were regularly dispossessed. It became so frustrating that both De Jong and Sneijder lost their temper and forced their coach to apologize for them... :cool:

Of course Japan historically has serious attacking limits (in fact most forwards in our J.League are foreigners), but also please consider that our best forward, Morimoto, was injured. It would have been a bit as for your past National teams to play without Van Basten or Van Nistelrooy...

Moreover, our coach is rather dumb, and vs Holland did not sub exhausted players (how long can you press every ball against a very strong team...?). When yesterday he did some changes against Ghana (doh!!), those who came in they played as hard as the starter had before, and Japan completely shut off the Africans turning the game from 1-3 to 4-3.

Also keep in mind that in the game against Holland if the ref would have applied the rules (as per YOUR coach and YOUR commentators), you would have played one hour 10 vs 11...

There's not even the need to say that Holland is better than Japan, but to detract from Japan's effort really shows ugly sportsmanship, and as Scotch said is more typical of British and German fans...

...you guys are much better than that, I want to believe. :)

24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :rolleyes: What are you going to report me for? Being trolled ?

You're assuming an awful lot here. But it just goes to show you guys really are arrogant as hell and bitter even when you win.
    It couldn't be that I want to see how Uchida played in the second half. As I suspected there was a tactics change with how he approached Robben vs Elia. And see how much he was at fault vs how much Okada was at fault.
    It couldn't be that I want to see how Honda played for his first time with the "A" side again. It's definitely because I'm desperate to see fail-tactics used again.
    And you certainly don't seem to be "yawn"ing -- seems like you guys get very defensive and wound up anytime I mention that Japans' midfield outplayed yours for a limited period of time. It clearly gets under your skin quite a bit, despite being fairly irrelevant. :p

25. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do you see me invading your japanese section and spoonfeed you my ideas with the same obnoxious ferocity you're doing now? No. So you either behave or just get OUT. Since you have little respect to the forum I've imformed a mod about your behavior. Don't blame me, blame tour conduct.

Newsflash: We ARE arrogant, there is no denying that. I don't assume anything, it's already an axiom. No bitterness, just the usual 'sigh' that our team just show little interest in meaningless friendlies. Especially against minnows.

Might be more prudent to discuss this with people who actually care about japan, don't you think? Why bother us? For most of us it's simple. We experimented and didn't bother enough. Eventually, like often, individual brilliance won us the game leaving you much to think about and us yawning. Simple.

Since you only read what you want to read i'll reiterate once again. Holland don't take these friendlies serious, that our midfield wasn't playing well is easily explained since Mendes da Silva was getting his chance and failed. Once he was gone we started to play better. I have no doubt our midfield would be dominating if we had van Bommel or de Zeeuw in the midfield.