Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Google is your friend. Yes, he is.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You need to ask this question?????:p Wikipedia says he was born in Rotterdam!!

3. I only came back after 30 years absence. :mad:

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dost scored again today

5. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wijnaldum is being used deeper as part of a double pivot at Liverpool now and doing a fantastic job as something of a metronome and as something of a space filler (not really sure how else to describe it...he's constantly in good positions to prevent passing lanes and opposition build up).

Hahn would be an interesting player to bring into the fold. Surely he can't be worse than Cillessen/Zoet. Right now this is how I think we should line up:

Hahn
    Mensah - de Vrij - van Dijk - Kongolo
    Promes - Wijnaldum - Blind - Memphis
    F. de Jong
    Lammers
    The main goal threats being Promes, Lammers and Memphis. Starting a bit deeper to have more space to run into or hit on the counter with quick transitions (something the midfielders and defenders are comfortable with). Frenkie I think would be a good addition with his elegance and passing ability. Lammers as well has a deft touch.

6. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    What pleasure does it give you to post such lines up ? You're using players like Lammers who don't even have 5 eredivisie games on their CV and who are therefore far from being NT prospects. Why not use Redan :thumbsup:

Mensah is surely below Tete and Karsdorp (when he'll be back), Kongolo doesn't even play with his club while Brenet, Haps or even Willems are doing good with their clubs and are above now.

Rinus127 and Orange14 repped this.
  7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I'm afraid we'll start the next qualifiers using the same crap midfield we've been using since 2015. It's time for something new, and young players should get the priority.

Obviously Van de Beek and Frenkie should get the starting spots, their complementarity is interesting and they're both very promising players on an individual level. Shouldn't stay too long with Ajax.
    Being realistic, I can understand using Strootman or Wijnaldum to complete the trio midfield. But what I don't want is watching Strootman + Wijnaldum. Especially if associated with Propper or Klaassen...We had enough of this.

Oranje98 repped this.
  8. LouisianaViking07/09 and Orange14 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    say your boys qualified for the tournament. who are the guaranteed goalscorers currently? I recall Ba Dost but he seems to be 1 of those guys who excel for club but not for country.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What tournament are you talking about?

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    the World Cup

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    De Vrij will probably leave Lazio in january; Manchester City, Juventus, Liverpool, Internazionale are interested in him.

The defence is starting to look really good. And those big transfers would allow more to come, except if VVD and De Vrij flop like Depay did at Manchester;
    If they do well, we'll probably have De Ligt and Tete in top clubs within two years too.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But they did NOT qualify.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    that's why i said "say your boys qualified"

i was just curious who would be the strikers brought along for the tournament

15. Daley Blind either to Real Madrid or to Barcelona.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why?????????

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So he can sit on the bench every game just like Cillessen :ROFLMAO:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wijnaldum and Strootman both not starting today. Not sure what that is all about :(

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Inter Milan want to bring in Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij. The 25-year-old was expected to put pen to paper on a new deal in the Italian capital but it's not materialised just yet and his current contract expires this summer meaning he's able to talk to clubs next month ahead of a free transfer. Luciano Spalletti, the Inter Milan head coach, wants to bolster his defensive options. (Source: Corriere dello Sport)

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Narsingh scored the 90th minute winner for Swansea against Watford today

20. According to Spanish and English media both have been watching him and now it seems like ManU wants to use him as a bargaining chip for a Barca player they want themselves.
    So interesting to see how things unfold tn januari.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fosu-Mensah and Reidewald outstanding today against ManCity

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  22. Disgusting refereeing again and now it costed two ManCity players injuries, where de Bruyne escaped the injury ment by the Totally Hotshit's criminal charge on his ankle the last time. EPL refs must be banned from WC and EC tournements. They're utterly incompetent.

Edit: Roy Hodgon blames it on the heavy schedule, while he and those thugs should face criminal charges.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wijnaldum is moving further and further back under Klopp and actually looking quite good doing it. He's a good metronome and having van Dijk in the side will probably help him even more since Virgil is a very commanding presence while Wijnaldum is a bit reserved.

With Memphis improving, Promes continuing to dominate in Russia and guys like de Ligt, de Vrij, Tete and Riedewald impressing we still have a strong base to build from. Kongolo moving to the PL will hopefully give him a chance to shine. Here's what I would hope for in the near future:

???
    Tete - de Vrij - van Dijk - Kongolo
    F. de Jong - Wijnaldum
    van de Beek
    Promes - Memphis - Kluivert​