Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @thread title

So rebuild with WHAT exactly??

2. Our super ego?:cautious:

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007

This article suggested that the new manager won't be installed until March 2018. I guess they're in 80-100 days evaluation period. I don't follow exactly the thought process... it's not like they have a ton of options available. I still think Ronald Koeman (+Erwin as his sidekick) is the best available. Frank De Boer would be a disappointment. Gullit would be disastrous... nothing against him personally, I just think we don't want another newbie with little experience (like Danny Blind) on this job.

4. I understood the first thing Gudde wants to sort out is the appointment of a TD. He's going to have big say in the profile of the new coach.

5. Big part of the discussion:
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/verheijen-is-ramp-voor-nederlandse-voetbal~a0d42df4/
    'Verheijen is ramp voor Nederlandse voetbal'

Gertjan Verbeek is klaar met de periodiseringsleer van inspanningsfysioloog Raymond Verheijen. De trainer van FC Twente vindt dat de Nederlandse voetbalclubs zijn 'doorgeslagen' in de verhouding tussen arbeid en rust. ,,Trainers die zijn visie volgen, voeren een kunstje op en kijken niet verder.''

Leon ten Voorde 04-12-17, 08:37 Laatste update: 09:31

6. Sam_TO

Sam_TO Member

May 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Apart from the France game, the Dutch looked good under Advocaat. In nine games, he ended it off with 8 wins and only 1 loss, with the one loss being versus France.

I feel like if they bring on Koeman, he'll recall some of those former Feyenoord players like Martins Indi, Janmaat, and Clasie who we should move on from. There's got to be better candidates out there.

7. Donot think so. Feyenoord has brought in new young defenders that are better than those and younger. Actually for the right back position there are two candidates from the Feyenoord stable. Karsdorp, now at Roma and Nieuwkoop. The latter is the best one. For the left back position we have Haps and for the CD position we have Sven van Beek and Stefan de Vrij.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Except we dont have any

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice to see Bas Dost made a difference today

10. He was talking about the defenders, not the available coaches......I think:cautious:

11. Sam_TO

Sam_TO Member

May 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I like Tete at RB, and Fosu-Mensah has a lot of potential as the backup.

I've never seen Haps play, but we could give him a shot ahead of Ake.

For CB I like the pairing of Hoedt/van Dijk since they play on the same team week-in week-out in the EPL.

I meant the coaches.:thumbsup:

12. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I hope the new coach build the team around Van Dijk, De Vrij, Vilhena, Wijnaldum, Depay, Promes and pick tactics/formations suited to their strength. Can't wait to see who will make the new coaching staff next year.

Sam_TO repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Bosz sacked by Dortmund. Wow feel bad for him... had a sizzling start, but faded too quickly. My guess is that he will be in the run for the Dutch NT head coach opening, but I don't think he's experienced enough to get the job.

14. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think he is the best candidate for the job. Far better than Koeman or Frank "back-pass" de boer.

bunbohue repped this.
  15. The names AD Sportwereld puts in are open for discussion. Right now for the left wing backs none of the names mentioned would get my approval. Only Haps (my nr 1) and Kongolo are for the rebuild team acceptable names.

For the right wing back Nieuwkoop is the one in stead of Fosu.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We should easily qualify for next Euro since 3 spots are up for grabs, but I think WC 2022 might still be a problem. Then again that will be played in the winter in Qatar so most people might not even notice we missed it :)

17. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    New jersey
    [​IMG]

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  18. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    FTFY

19. Just watched on the bbc MotD Leicester vs S'hampton. Gsus, can anyone tell me why clubs want to pay in the 60 million for Virgil van Dijk? He was totally crap in the highlights of the match.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats looks really sharp!!

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Don't think any goal was because of his fault. The whole team was crap.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe he was purposely dogging it so the team will be forced to sell him in January or next summer

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    What's the AD's line-up based on? Current form, potential, talent level, else?

Agree that some of the names not making sense. For example, there is no way Van De Beek is below Klaassen (seen zero minute lately) and Ramselaar (bench warmer at PSV). Locadia is definitely top two in either wing positions. Painful to see that the no. 1 goalie is playing garbage minutes at Barca. I think Cilessen should move on. Or Zoet should really step up big time.

24. Given the title: How will the Orange base look like in a couple of years" I would say potential.
    Is Warner Hahn Dutch?