Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really funny lineup. Hoever was a nothing prospect at Ajax and he gets a cup match at Liverpool and is now a projected starter!

2. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    He is progressing really well. I think it's quite reasonable to pencil him into a 2025 lineup as of right now

I personally have huge hopes for him

3. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Interesting lineup, but i think :
    up front Nick Venema will develop as our main striker and as advanced midfielder the most likely prospect is Guus Til.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The only youth teams I really follow are Ajax. There are a number of great prospects that could easily be ready by 2025: Timber twins, Hoogwerf, Brobbey, Unuvar, Gravenberch, van Gelderen, are among those who stand out. Anyone who seeks to predict 6-7 years out ought to keep the following names in mind: Klaassen, Bazoer, el Ghazi, Fosu-Mensah (much better youth player than Hoever). and so on.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1180 wilson00, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    what about Noa Lang. he is also a verstaile player upfront. I hope he takes up that AM position in future.the big question is can he be the next sneijder.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think he's good enough based on the matches I've seen.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Redan and Chong are facing an uphill battle. Sadly, to date, we haven't seen any Dutch player who switched to Big League prematurely in young age making real meaningful impact. For wingers, my money is on Kluivert or Stengs.

Frenkie and Donny anchoring the midfield... not only in the future, but I would argue this should be happening now already. If allowed "growing up together", in five years, they would be monsters (see Xavi - Iniesta).

I like Ihattaren at no. 10... quite skillful and very composed. Seems like he's pretty close to debut at PSV senior. He and Kokcu (surprisingly omitted from the list altogether) are two bright attacking-minded wonderkids in midfield.

Orange14 repped this.
  8. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't think that is a very good projected line-up tbh. There's no way Gravenberch won't be in the team as far as I'm concerned.

Bergwijn - Redan - Kluivert
    de Jong - Gravenberch
    Eiting
    Bakker - van Dijk - de Ligt - Dumfries
    Bijlow
    For me. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Wijnaldum was able to hold down the 6 in this formation if he can stay healthy.

9. Well, according to Liverpool sources Hoever blew the stars of Liverpool and Klopp away with how he marked Sala. Since that first raining with the squad he hasnot been out of the selection.
    I say if players at Liverpool are blown away by what they saw I think it's obvious you're not a struggler.

10. Gabriel Guilarte

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 28, 2018
    Guys I'm planning to go to The Netherlands on October. Is there any way to buy two tickets for the game against Northern Ireland? Can someone share some thoughts here? Thanks!

11. We've got a special thread for ticket questions. Best to check/put in question there first.

Gabriel Guilarte repped this.
  12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Some of these experts have been drinking too much and doing too little thinking.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  13. Well, 7 out of that picture are in my list of likely future players.

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I can see Stengs and Ihatarren would be part of Koeman's future set up. I'd predict Stengs, on his current trajectory, may challenge for a spot in the Dutch NT early/mid next season... not totally crazy to think that he may even get a call-up for the Euro Nations final this Summer if he gets a lucky break or two (injuries or loss forms of the other contenders). The winger position is a very crowded space... Promes, Bergwijn, Berghuis, Babel, Groeneveld, Dilrosun, Kluivert.

Ihatarren is a long-term project, and at least 2 or 3 years away. Next season he should be part of the rotating line-up at PSV. Then, if he continues to progress well, the year after he could be a solid starter and building block at the club level. And who knows what will happen next...

I actually like Karsdorp... though I haven't really followed him since his move to Italy. Explosive, fast and plenty of attacking drive. I have been very pleased with Dumfries (and I believe he will get a lot better in coming months), but I wouldn't mind seeing another competitor for RB.

The rests listed in the picture... I am indifferent. Just please no Bruma :x3::laugh:

15. :ROFLMAO:

16. Wonder when Asensio will regret to have chosen to play for Spain.

17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    any links to watch the game.

18. Gabriel Guilarte

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 28, 2018
    Espn plus will have it for only 5 bucks per month.

Orange14 repped this.
  19. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Not in Canada

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vermoedelijke opstelling Oranje: Cillessen; Dumfries, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Blind; De Roon, De Jong, Wijnaldum; Promes/Bergwijn, Depay, Babel

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club: