Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    De Jong has been playing CB if you guys haven't noticed. I think he has all the the capability to play the DLP role & he is good with the ball as well which Propper isn't. Propper seems like an upgraded version of Klaassen, lots of running, interceptions & some key goals as well but not just good enough in possession.

Ofcourse if someone like Eiting comes up, you could move De Jong a bit more forward where he belongs, but this CB sting is going to ease him into a DLP role.

The defense is looking really strong. I wish the same could be said about the attack.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about Chong.

3. If that was the case we would be number 1 WC title favourits;)

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  4. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, to be honest, our NT is in a really good position for the future in that respect. For the most part the further back on the field you go the more experience you generally need to truly be at the top. Our top defenders are older (except for de Ligt) than our top midfield and forward prospects. Our midfield prospects are somewhat older than our top forward prospects (Bergwijn, Kluivert, Redan).

If everything works out we're going to have a huge window in 4 years for about 4 to 8 years where we have almost the perfect balance of experienced, top end defenders mixed with talented, middle aged (in athletics anyway) midfielders with explosive and exciting young attackers.

I'm very optimistic about the future of this team as long as these players develop the way that they can!

Oranje98 repped this.
  5. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    For the games v. Slovakia and Italy:

[​IMG]

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ Half of the selection have no future in the NT.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am surprised Tete was omitted. Is he injured? Thought he did pretty well last time around. We'll see if Janmaat is any better, I doubt it. Also interesting that Van Ginkel is left behind... should have at least got a look after a fine season and winning the league. Also, how about Jorrit Hendrix? Vormer (and maybe De Ron, too) should make way for the youth.

Eljero Elia.. haven't seen that name in a while, he (and Babel) are making comebacks in their 30's. Again, would have rather see young players here, but I quickly checked the U21 team - nobody is worth talking. Glad at least Bergwijn is in.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think Tete is getting much playing time

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Koeman left out Kluivert and Til... two promising young players. Instead he invited some oldies, namely Elia, Babel and Vormer (first call-up). :cautious:

Bergwijn injured. Ugh. :x3:

10. Koeman said in an interview he used the last few matches to see what new kids were like and the coming matches as tests for several playing systems and players in that setting to prepare for the NatLeague matches.
    So I guess he selected the players with a specific system in mind.
    And Kluivert hasnot been very good the last matches for Ajax.

Vormer is Belgian champion and player of the year. Nice that the kids left out are talented, but the Orange team is about performance not development. That's the business of the club and the Uxx teams.

11. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sorry but we will not build anything good with players like Vormer and Elia. I found Kluivert very good at the end of the season. He scored goals against Az and Excelsior. Do you watch matches Feyenoordsoccerfan?

12. I do and I like Kluivert alot, but he wasnot good in the last matches and I think the ratings he got show it.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert is a traitor!:oops:

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yes, I agree in principle with this statement for competitive matches... but for meaningless friendlies, I would rather see the young players get extended playing time. Get them in the right mindset, build their confidence, and let them making the dumbest mistakes when results are irrelevant. Not sure what's the upside having somebody like Elia... an injury-prone 31+ years old playing for an obscure club. Maybe Koeman wanted to make a bold statement to Kluivert to get his situation sorted out.

15. Koeman made it clear there are no meaningless friendlies (echo's of BvMarwijk message to his players that players who consider friendlies meaningless find themselves at home. Winners mentality raises from winning everything.) and he uses them to prepare for the NatLeague battles.

Orange14 repped this.
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #442 Brilliant Dutch, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Aside from Stroot, vAanholt and Zoet I think this is our strongest lineup:

[​IMG]

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1-0. Nice defending there, Blind

19. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    30 mins in, very sloppy. Slovakia look incisive.

20. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Great goal from quincy! Much better 2nd half in general

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Slovak keeper is really good.

Does anyone like that yellow tiger stripe along the shoulders of the Oranje uniform?? Because I don't

22. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Both new kits are crap!

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland