Orange Texas @ DCU disappointed thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Murrdcu, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Will DCU get points outta this game?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2017.
  1. No.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. **** no.

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've figured it out: They're tanking the season in order to be #1 in the league allocation order, and get whatever hotshot is going to be in the super draft next year. That can be the only reason. Nobody plays that bad consistently, except maybe Sunderland.

griffin1108 repped this.
  2. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    when you have maybe 1 quality player it's hard to win. I don't know what Boswell was even doing out there in the 1st half. They showed a bit of pride in the 2nd half, but by then Houston was happy to sit and defend and waste as much time as possible.

Winoman repped this.
  3. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SMDH. Those guys (including the coaches) have the soccer IQ, and talent, of 1 peanut. I think I would keep Hamid, Acosta, Harkes, Durkin, Odoi-Atsem, Korb, Büscher, Robinson, and maybe Birnbaum. Boswell, Sam, and Nyarko, are pretty much over the hill. Everybody else is disposable.

4. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Can't wait for those "reinforcements" we were promised to save the season.

Winoman repped this.
  5. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Hedbal and Boloni86 repped this.
  6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @griffin1108 OTC could not succeed with this bunch of cow dung. That is all I am defending Olsen with. This crap roster has 0 talent. Harkes, Acosta and Hamid are it. The rest need to be sent to the Howard County Rec league.

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Well there's a lesson in that. Hopefully it will be a good illustration of what United should have done when they were 3 up on Seattle, You can tell 'em or you can show them. With this team you need to tell, show and then slooooowly explain what you said and what they saw, Repeatedly it seems.

Winoman repped this.
  8. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Look closely that's General Custer and the 7th Cav riding past the sign that says welcome to Little Bighorn,

roadkit and Winoman repped this.
  9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    August 23 ... Wednesday night

shawn12011 repped this.
  10. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks, I was being ironic...

shawn12011 repped this.
  11. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they just live down by Richmond. ;-)

12. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're being awfully disrespectful to peanuts.

Winoman and NicktheGreek repped this.
  13. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Form today's WaPo article:

Boswell: "On good teams, coaches hold players accountable. On great teams, players hold players accountable. We got to do a better job with each other, fighting for each other.”

This almost sounds like Boswell thinks Olsen is blaming the wrong players for their problems.

Olsen: “I know you guys don’t believe me when I say it,” Olsen said, “but I do have a lot of belief in this group. I do. But we got to start soon.”

And this sounds like Olsen is clueless.

Boloni86, Eastern Bear and Winoman repped this.
  14. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Well, if you want even more cluelessness, go see the usual apologists at BR&U claim this is all about the stadium. Of course it is, until it's not. Remember, Eurasia always has been at war with Eastasia.

If you want to see a coach who actually has a pulse -- check out Petke's rant after getting tossed against KC. Man, I wish the Wanker was here instead of Olsen -- those mopes in the lockerroom would have sore asses for the rest of the season and folks would actually be held accountable for the putrid performance we saw last night.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  15. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    What have we done with early draft picks of past years besides hurt their careers? Frankly I think we should just ship our early draft pick at this point so the US can develop more talent for the national team.

16. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Thankfully for us it's a dead site that no one cares about except for the 10 regulars that post there and the one listener of their podcast.

shawn12011 repped this.
  17. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Serious question here, how is it that Olsen is still your coach? I ask because my Quakes sacked Kinnear before the first half was over (to our everlasting joy) and he had a better record that your current train wreck.

18. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    There are a lot of reasons. Some we know and some we don't. We don't know his salary and it might be low enough to keep him around no matter what he does. We don't know if the organization has drank the koolaid and everyone believes he can actually coach under "the right circumstances" (he can't). Everyone involved in the team probably blames someone else or everyone else other than themselves.

We know that D.C. United fans are more nostalgic and get attached to personalities too easily relative to other clubs. The converse here is that other teams treat things more as a business than a personal social group. Some vocal fans want to see someone affiliated with the club when it wasn't total shit involved in the new stadium season. Some people overlook poor quality of players because of their attachment to the person and the player (see Pontius and many others).

Another big issue is that we don't scout players so clearly we have no ideas about alternative coaches even if hundreds (and there are hundreds) could do better than Olsen.

We also don't make decisions properly so replacing a coach or players is easier done in years we aren't staring down a wooden spoon. We are staring down the wooden spoon.

Beerking and Theopisa repped this.
  19. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because above all, DC United values incestuous relations with prior players from it's salad days, as if somehow the institutional muscle memory from those lofty heights will carry the most incapable squads to MLS glory.

Boloni86, Beerking and shammypants repped this.
  20. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    Korb gave his "marked" man five yards in the box :thumbsdown:

21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Watch the JG Wentworth ads where people sing "I Have a structured settlement----" Clearly his lifetime tenure is payout for a malpractice judgement over all those botched surgeries and mismanaged rehab he somehow survived.
    Mark Simpson got a sweet deal as keeper coach for a decade after a botched surgery for a knee almost killed him and fortunately he only lost a career ot a leg or his life

roadkit and Beerking repped this.
  22. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone tell me what the item handed out as you entered the stadium last night is supposed to be for? It was distributed by an auto parts company, but I haven't a clue as to what purpose it serves. Anyone?

23. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    A very small holder for your auto to hold your shattered dreams of a DCU playoff bound season.

song219 and big spaniel repped this.
  24. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olsen is RIGHT ... I DON'T believe him when he says it.

Eastern Bear repped this.
  25. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been able to figure it out, either. I heard someone say that it's for the back of your cell phone, in order to prop it up at an angle, but that doesn't make sense to me.