Option to limit mod's despotism power

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Sakuragi, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Actually most people don't hate you for the infractions, but because you're a dumb annoying cunt.

But the infraction against me was still moronic. I did nothing wrong. Just didn't agree with all you life-long Chelsea fans from America. :rolleyes:

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Boy, if that isn't the Elephant Man calling Gisele ugly.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    nicephoras is not dumb.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I said Chelsea fans had gotten too used to getting calls against smaller teams in the EPL and I got an infraction. You tell me that's not the act of a complete idiot.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Duck manson calling almost everyone an idiot because they dont agree with him is maybe the reason why nicephros gave him an infraction.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Skeleton Gisele is ugly.

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well you're a pompous arse and even while you clearly dislike me you've never imposed an infraction on me so I guess you are somewhat objective.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's because you're a girl ;)

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its certainly abuse of office.....

I have disagreed with Duck in the past but seriously, if that was all he said, he didn't merit an infraction....

Aren't you both glad I revived this thread? ;)

How can anyone not love johan neeskens?

[​IMG]

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not in the context that it was. They don't want people telling them that you have to earn your due. It takes more then Russian money for a couple seasons to be a European heavyweight. They're just fragile I guess. Some of them actually think Chelsea is a bigger club then Juventus. Most people when they hear Chelsea think of Bill Clintons daughter.

11. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quit hijacking my thread, you lesser mortals.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Actually, he may also have added that our entire board was composed of "twats". I seem to recall that's what earned him an infraction.

Either that or I suppose I went on one of my "random infract" binges that day. But probably not.

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Uh, no I didn't call you or anyone a twat. Here it is:

When you play teams that are bigger/more important then your team usually they will get the benefit of the doubt from the refs. It's always been like that. That's why you don't get the calls against Juve, Liverpool, but get them against Hull and Stoke. It's just something you have to get used to and accept.[/quote]

All the best,
    BigSoccer[/QUOTE]

14. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FWIW I'd do her.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Duck can you please post what you wrote word for word or will it get you another infraction? I'd kind of like to see what exactly was so "Severe"....

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Quack had about 4 other posts which I deleted. I merely happened to infract that particular one. If you want me to go back and infract the "twat" post, I'm happy to do so.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh ok so he was given an infraction for his other posts but that was just the one you pointed out...ok I get it ...well not really but ok! ;)

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes please do. And post them here, and the posts I replied to as well.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I just disagreed with all the gloryhounds. You'll see. You have to understand that if you post on the Chelsea boards you'll immediately get attacked. It's sort of a 'shoot first before they start asking how long you've been 'supporting' the team' mentality these retards have developed as a first defense. If you shoot back that's considered 'severe trolling', of course. If you get a half meaningful conversation going, in itself an accomplishment, niceprick comes in and start deleting everything. Because, after all, these Premier League fans can't handle the "f" word here and there and their pride is fragile like a house of cards and have to be protected at all times by every BS mod who can muster the efford.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its pretty sad how its getting to the point where you can suddenly get infracted for trying to state an opinion......

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Indeed.

22. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've had 16 and no yellow. I'm more than happy with that. More over I am extremely happy with the way this site is run and moderated. I cannot raise an objection against any moderators on this site, and think they are all super smashing :)

23. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I've been busy for a while and didn't keep up on this.

Pity.

The quackster - the only person who *Ahem....'was at' Stamford Bridge 20 years ago, and sat in a stand that wasn't built until the mid 90's...:D

Are you an American student studying abroad?
    I'll bet you are....;)

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    These Mods get emotional a times and decided to give someone a yellow..pathetic..sorry

25. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This site has become a bunch of separate forums with mostly independent mods that create their own (unwritten) rules all under one collective umbrella that pretends to have a consistent set of rules.

Back when I was a mod, I pointed out some of the forums that were becoming extreme outliers in terms of their mods allowing what should be site wide unacceptable behavior. There was some discussion in the mod forum about "where BS is headed..." and I got the impression that the powers that be (the chronically disengaged SuperMods) were fine with what has become over the last few years a very "feudal" site governance.

I look forward to the point where things evolve beyond that. But I'm not holding my breath.