Option to limit mod's despotism power

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Sakuragi, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Are you talking about nsa? :p

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No idea what that is.

nicephoras also gives out cards for no reason. Hench the one I got right now.

3. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    For no reason? I dont like the mods but you definilty deserved the Card. Check dukcs post and you guys would understand why he was given a yellow the guy contributes nothing but shit in this sitee.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh come now Quack, I didn't give you a card, I only gave you one infraction, which you richly deserved. It takes multiple infractions to earn a card.

And you haven't even seen the posts in question, which are in the recycle bin. ;)

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I got both infractions from the same thread. Like two posts after each other. Maybe you Chelsea people need to stop taking everything so damn seriously. And the post you gave me an infraction for wasn't trolling.

6. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I had tense arguments wiht nicephoros in the political forum but i think when i think of the post thhat i read from duck there is no way nicepheors would given duck an infraction wihtout a good reason.

Still i think there are abusive mods out there..as falvo pointed out some mods would give you an infraction just becuse they disagree with your opinion.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why when I have someone on ignore do the threads show as updated in "My BigSoccer"? I'm obviously not going to read that post so why does this happen? Makes no sense. You ignore people for a reason!

8. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Indeed..In your case you ignore me because you got owned alot by me and is scared to get owned more...hahha

How many infractions does one have to have to get a yellow?

9. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I told you why you were banned.

10. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Duck Manson related to this guy:
    [​IMG]

Or this guy:
    [​IMG]

???

11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree.

. . . must . . . resist . . . giving . . . infraction . . .

;)

12. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    No. Those people are way better looking than duck

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I believe it is 10 infraction points for a yellow card which can easily be achieved in two infractions by a less than objective moderator.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah...but the quack was lucky that Nicephoras and Riz took care of business.

You know me Teso, I don't dick about with infractions, I would have had the twit banned from the forum.

Still, there is always the return leg against Juve to take care of that ;)

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I just had one infraction point made against me for posts on the UEFA board and while it's been explained to me, I stilll find it ridiculous esp seeing that a) I was on topic b) I wasn't racist and c) I wasn't hurling personal abuse at anyone and d) a number of other posters basically said the same thing. What I find hilarious about all of this is that these mods are allegedly impartial, objective and business-like in applying the rules. They clearly are not. How does being called a cancer to the forum in a PM being iimpartial, objective and business-like? I never called this mod anything of the kind yet I'm the one who gets ''punished'. Not that I'm personally bothered or anything, I just think it's not good for the quality of this forum that having a strong point of view that differs strongly from the mod's can get you an infraction. Surely the whole point of this forum is that people discuss and argue different points of view. Debate in my view is about a billion times more interesting when it's heated, but this apparently is not the point of view of the BigSoccer powers that be?

What's interesting in particular in that regard is the massive difference in mod policing from one forum to the next. The Dutch board for example gets heated all the time yet banning posters or even carding them is a rarity over there, even when 'enemies' come to visit. And everybody's perfectly happy there. This is what's causing all the problems in my view, there clearly isn't one modding standard across all BigSoccer forums. If there's a way for you to automate the whole process without having subjective mods decide, dear supermods, that'd be a great help, and you'd never have any complaints again.

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Forum cancer! I have never heard a more apt description of some posters on Bigsoccer. I only wish more mods were willing to take measures against these cancers. Unfortunately, too few mods take responsible action against them and so they spread and grow.

18. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Dear supermods, I also endorse this position. Mods are very subjective and rarely apply the same standards. I think, the only way to make the system automated would be to have an automated way of analysing the posts to see whether they are appropriate or not. As simply word censoring is unlikely to achieve that objective (let's be honest, anyone with 2 brain cells can call someone a retard without using any offensive words - although fortunately, a massive majority of bs posters seem to lack the 2 brain cells required), the only option I see is for the supermods to come up with an artificial intelligence capable of understanding the post, the post it is in response to, the tone of the post and the circumstances. So, to avoid any further complaints, I think as mentioned by johan, you should invent this AI to take over the modding of bs. But then again, it might take over the armies of the world and we'd be in some serious shit. But one step at a time - so supermods, do what is right. Invent the AI.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No doubt. But I did not deserve an infraction for what I said. I wasn't out of line. I simply told the truth. You Chelski twats just don't agree so you give out cards. That's idiotic. It's nicephorastic. He's been doing this for years and that's why everyone hates his guts. He's not as bad as DK and Prawn though.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You miserable bastard. :D

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Indeed, my reign of terror has washed over the Bigsoccer shores like a tsunami of blood and shattered skulls. I stand, jackbooted, knee deep in the wrongfully slaughtered corpses of my enemies as I hand out infractions left and right. All behold my amazing incomprehensible and limitless moderator powers (limited to only a few forums and reviewable by unfriendly supermods)! At night, I quake in my fortress of deleted posts dreading the day the righteous Quack and the rest of BigSoccer that so loves him deposes me from my despotic perch.

22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Would you like to borrow my old bicorne hat? ;)

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Sure - I suppose I could glue it to my post-melting helm of infracting doom*:

[​IMG]

To clear the deck, I own no monkeys, but I have lobbied for this fine headgear to be part of the official mod uniform.

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You see- its just that kind of attitude which has stopped you from getting one of these! :D

[​IMG]

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That is a pretty sweet SuperMod cape! And it would look awesome with that helmet! (And, I suppose, Knave's hat glued on top. Although it'd be hard to fly then.)