Opening Day crowd March 12 2017

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by hipityhop, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see there are a lot of restrictions for the first game at the TCF Bank Park. I'm wondering what is the prediction for the first home game ? I'd like to drive up from Kansas City for a game this year.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    #2 Dead Fingers, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Prediction, in terms of crowd?

http://www.startribune.com/ticket-sales-show-loon-fans-excitement/414794664/

I guess I will be happy if they hit 30,000 for the home opener.

The problem with the stadium, is that it is owned by the U of M, thus the "no tailgating" rule. I guess I would be worried more about this if the the stadium was not surrounded by quite a few bars/breweries. I would imagine Surly Brewery, which is fairly close to the stadium, will be a hopping place pre game. I was there on Saturday, and there were a ton of Wisconsin and U of M hockey fans in there.

EDIT: just found this.
    http://growlermag.com/events/surly-welcomes-mls-to-town-with-new-beer-pre-game-parties/

Bluecat82 repped this.
  3. Last Line of Defense

Jul 2, 2013
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That article is just laughable. Filled with excuses and defending the organization's incompetence. I would also be happy if we got 30k for the opener. Be nice to have a good atmosphere with no sizable empty chunks of seats, in the lower bowl.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 NORML, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Huh? I don't see how the article is defending anything. Seems like a straight forward report on how sales are going and a bit on what the team has done to promote the game.

my big concern with the stadium isn't the tailgating issue but how restrictive security will be on the supporters. I honestly am expecting a tense awful season between the Dark Clouds/TNE and the UofM on what they will allow. Not to mention my itchy concern on what the FO thinks a Major League Soccer environment should be. Guess we'll find out more about that tonight at the Supporters Summit.

Really happy/surprised to read that the upper bowl has been opened up for the home opener. I actually wish the club would have closed off the east side of the stadium and instead had the upper deck on the west side opened up all year.

5. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God forbid Minnesota somehow host the MLS cup final...