Open letter Sams Army/US supports

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by helpmenow, Jul 8, 2007.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Unless someone is buying in large quantities I don't see how their can be any check to weed out brokers. Anyone can list on StubHub/TicketsNow and do so anonymously. Now if tickets start popping up on eBay or Craiglist then you can start looking at IDs/Locations/email addresses etc and try to find links.

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well there shouldn't have been a problem, unless using FireFox 3 for Mac. Non-member tickets are an American Outlaws store item. They are specifically allowing it.

3. That may be the confusion ... nons that contacted me were trying to buy under the "member" store item and weren't successful ... it was $5 cheaper. Nons that buy under the "nonmember" store item are being "honest" about their membership status, I haven't heard any complaints on that side.

I'm not sure if the "nonmember" store item means you *will* have a ticket or how/if AO is prioritizing their allotment - members-first or first-come-first-served. If it's members-first, then AO (like SA) should make sure that nons who purchase are aware of that so they can either join or at least know that their purchase is not set in stone. They would get a refund, of course, I would imagine.

4. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I am naive, but if I were a Mexico fan, the last place I would want to sit is in the US supporters section.

They would be going to a lot of effort to grab a few of the 500 seats allocated to SA/AO. I would wait until tickets go on sale to the general public and grab them at that point. The stadium (unfortunately) will never sell out by US fans, so in a few days there will be 10-15K tickets available. Then you can watch the game without me spilling my beer on you and yelling in your ear.

-G-

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    It has to mean you are getting a ticket. Refunding money would be a PITA. These store fronts are really easy for sellers. They just add the item image/pic/description and then quantity and it does the rest. Once they have sold the quantity, the item will not longer be available.

I imagine AO probably allocated more quantity to the member option.

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Um, US/Mexico at CCS sells out fast and by US fans. Any Mexican fans that get in are because they are quick. The ratio of US to Mexican supporters is like 90%-10%.

First, US Supporters get a good allocation since this is THE match and the fans show up for it. Last time there were fans that got shut out. the entire north end was ours. Second, Crew season ticket holders get ticket rights as well. By the time of on-sale this game will have few tickets.

7. This makes sense to me ... if 500 is the total SA/AO allotment, then (say) 250 for each group, there would be enough to take care of all members with some left over for non-members ... separate store items points to that.

Rep.

8. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to start a pi$$ing contest as these things ususlly turn into, but I was there in '05 and the Gold Cup in '07, and I still don't think US fans will sell out 20K+. This is why we play these games at the smaller venues. I hope we can get 18,000 US fans (90%), but I doubt we are there yet.

Besides my point was that a Mexico fan who is willing to go to the trouble of buying from SA/AO, is going to be aware of the general sale and have a great chance to get a seat away from us.

Also, I forgot how it worked in Chicago, but at the Olympic Quals. in Nashville, there were options for Mexico fans to buy seats in their supporters section.

-G-

9. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    US Allen - isn't one of the scores in your signature wrong? :D

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    A few questions but let's start with these:

Why did you group the 05 WCQ with the Gold Cup final in Chicago? And why are you comparing that Gold Cup match and the Olympic Qualifier in Nashville to a WCQ with Mexico at CCS? Completely different events.

And they've already said that this time the supporters section tickets will only be available through the supporters groups.

11. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I purchased a ticket through AO and am not a member. I will be quite pissed if AO decides I am not deserving of a supporter's ticket.

12. I don't speak for AO, and you didn't mention whether you went through the "members" store item or the "non-members" store item.

But I don't think it's about whether or not you (or AO) think you deserve a supporter's ticket. I think it's about whether or not you joined the group.

If you joined, you get $5 off ticket price and have-priority/member-pool-tickets (however they arranged it). If you didn't join, you pay $5 more and don't-have-priority/non-member-pool-tickets.

Surely you can't get pissed about not enjoying a member benefit if you didn't become a member???

13. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
    What I don't get is it seems no one in charge is coming forth with exact info..

I'm a member and purchased a "non-member" ticket for my friend. No info about after purchasing the ticket could possibly go to someone else, and I know his airline ticket like mine is non-refundable. So.. this could be interesting turn of events.

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    What exactly is your problem? Not receiving a confirmation? I got one in my email box after purchasing from AO. The PayPal payment notification and an receipt from info@theamericanoutlaws.com arrived immediately after purchase.

15. If you're who I think you are, you're fine. I think SnakeEyes is right ... they (AO/SA) have *probably* allocated their tickets to members and non-members. If you bought your non-member friend a non-member allocated ticket, my guess is you'll be fine.

Although I don't know for sure. It never hurts to follow up with an email or call if it helps you get your ducks in a row.

16. i think you're right about the member/non-member allocations, but ...

... strictly speaking, the receipt only indicates that they have received your money, not that you have a ticket reserved in your name. That happens all the time with ticket sales ... you should know that. It's about to happen with WC tickets from FIFA when their sales start next month ... you pays your money, you takes your chances.

And (while it would be shitty without stating it up front) it may be that they are taking orders and then, at some point, giving tickets to priorities they set and refunding the rest.

AO or SA hasn't spoken to this for-sure. That's why I think it's best to have your tix shipped to you and, if you don't get them at some point, call in and see what's up.

That's all I'm saying.

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I don't know where you buy your tickets but I have never paid money and then waited to see if I actually get tickets.

No idea what you are referring to about FIFA WC tickets. In 06 they had a ticketing system where you looked for the games you wanted, paid, and then got your tickets mailed to you later. Now if you were going for the USSF allocation for our matches you had to request tickets via fax and provide billing information but you were not charged until they determined you were selected to receive tickets (was supposed to be based on when they received your request)

You are just making things up now and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt where it does not need to exist and are doing a disservice to others. There is NO reason to believe that AO is just accepting orders, taking your money, then deciding who gets tickets later. That is not how they have operated up to now.

18. Whatever, dude.

AO hasn't operated like that, I'm not saying they do. But thanks for shoving words in my mouth.

If you take what I say as spreading fear and doubt, that's on you, not me.

19. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well you didn't respond to the actual points so I will just say this:

It is you who are putting words in MY mouth. Nowhere did I say you said they did operate that way. However, you suggested they might be this time when stating it's a normal thing in ticketing (again.. where???) and claimed, incorrectly, FIFA did it in 05, and then stated this:

When you are responding to others questions with speculative statements of "might" and "may" and "probably", statements suggesting possible situations that are unlikely given the past, that is certainly spreading FUD.

20. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    Supporters Tickets Unavailable through USSF?

is it correct that tickets in the supporters sections will be unavailable through USSF?

21. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Re: Supporters Tickets Unavailable through USSF?

What was said is they would not be available through the Ticketmaster general sale.

22. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, how in the hell did I screw that one up.

-G-

23. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My simple observations...

'05 vs Mexico in Columbus, was by far the biggest pro-US crowd, I have seen since US-Brasil at the '94 World Cup. But it still was not 90% US.

The Gold Cup in '97, was the biggest event for the US that year and at a sold out Soldier Field, I would guess there were no more than 5000 US supporters.

And, for what I thought was a big deal, the Olympic qualifier probably a couple of hundred of us showed up.

That being said, I would be (pleasantly) supprised if 18,000 US fans come to Columbus in the middle of February and on a Wednesday night. Thats all.

So back to my original point, truly dedicated Mexico fans, will be able to buy tickets when they go on sale to the general public, This event will not sell out in 15 minutes. So why would a fan of Mexico ever want to subject themselves to sitting in our section. I could see this happening if the supporters tickets went on sale after the general seating, which is not the case.

And if they are dumb enough to sit with us, then Bueno Suerte to them.

-G-

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    From my first hand experience at the game, if we weren't at 90% for the 07 WCQ then we were sure close.

Playing in a gigantic stadium in a city and state with a much larger Mexican population and where we don't have methods for controlling ticket sales, like we with CCS, is a different situation and not relevant.

In terms of traveling fan interest the Olympic Qualifier is low on the totem pole and shouldn't be put into the equation either.

I believe you are underestimating the interest in this game and previous results of past WCQ in Columbus. I believe we had 18K last time around which would put it at 80% US, a figure many that went to the game have estimated. It sold out fast last time. With increased interest in soccer in the US since 05, and with Columbus' season ticket holder increases, it will sell out even faster this time.

25. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you are right.

-G-