Open Cup 2017

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Freestyle2000, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a shit throw in.

Winoman repped this.
  2. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whiny little babies can't seem to stay on their feet in the box.

3. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid...Stupid...Stupid.

4. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    not a fan of Acosta's bad attitude

5. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    We all knew that prior to his injury that Franklin was not an MLS centerback, now I'm convinced he's not an MLS level player anymore. DCU has both Robinson, ODA, Korb and NDL who are ahead of him in skill, fitness, speed and soccer IQ. What a waste of 200K of salary cap.

Winoman repped this.
  6. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at least we can now focus on the league without this additional distraction... /s

8. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we just suck...

okay - who wants to try and spin this.

keep Hamid
    keep Acosta

Fire everyone else and replace them with ********ing cones at this point. Not having the discussion of who would be better. My 7 year old would be better...

******** the stadium as panacea as attitude from this shit ass club and FO.

This was winnable with a bit more urgency and effort.

james

JRHokie and Winoman repped this.
  9. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I thought we were throwing the league to focus on this.

Or maybe this is all an elaborate ruse to thrown the league and the cup so we can focus on offseason friendlies.

JRHokie, griffin1108 and Winoman repped this.
  10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Did Neagle and LeToux play?

Odoi-Atsem continues to impress.

Not a good game for Franklin, and apparently the goal we didn't see was his fault, too, according to the bloke blathering on and on about it.

11. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    wow. this team is really, truly not impressive. their work rate sucks. they are so unsophisticated -- I'd want my kid to make more impressive choices.

I'm up at 3:30 in Joburg -- don't ask -- and I gotta say, they've so obviously given up. change something NOW. DCU utterly sucks. they are going through the motions. nada mas. these guys have truly decided both that it doesn't matter, and that there's no accountability. FFS, fire someone

by the way, played the hard rock Johannesburg last night. much more fun.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  12. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acosta's attitude is the only sign I have of someone who actually cares on this team. We need more of it and not less.

Less has gotten us nowhere.

james

JRHokie, fatbastard, song219 and 4 others repped this.
  13. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    I switch over to the Chicago-Cincinnati USOC match on ESPN and this happens...

14. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    clapping at the ref and committing misconduct isn't going to help the team if he's watching from the pressbox. A ref with any balls would have at least cautioned him and given him a spanking

15. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Well there may be someone who will believe that had United drawn Cincinnati they might have won, this team does ok playing a couple of leagues down

16. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC subs started out well but couldn't finish the job. United were buzzing around the goal towards the end, including hitting the crossbar, but couldn't get the equalizer. It didn't help that Ben didn't put in any starters until the 80th minute. This is just a bad team, and poorly coached at that.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  17. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The worst part of this is the lack of any wing play outside of Nyarko. LeToux is suffering a "DeRo sell by date" implosion. He is just invisible for 90 minutes. Neagle has lost 3 steps and appears disinterested. Buescher was better than I've seen in a long time, but I chuckled when Mariner said he was "flying" downfield. Unless there is some type of transfer window upgrade at outside mid, the lack of goals will continue.

Winoman and DCUSA repped this.
  18. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what you get when your roster is made up of MLS scrubs, rookies and two quality players.

19. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I really don't understand why Olsen doesn't play the 'A' team for these games. It's not like the playoffs are a plausible possibility. The Open Cup, a trophy which saved his coaching career, deserves better.

kirchhausen repped this.
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neagle really should not be playing for us this year. Even for USOC play he's been extremely underwhelming. I wasn't sure why Seattle gave up on him so easily, but it's now very obvious.

All sorts of hype this morning over the excitement of the FCC game, but I watched a decent amount of it and it wasn't any better at all, it just had a "dramatic" ending with an underdog winner. And fewer goals.

I hate it when you have remaining lower division teams this late and they magically end up playing each other next so only one will remain in the semi-finals - though on the flip side you could say at least that way you are guaranteed one team instead of both losing to an MLS team.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    If United calls that usual group of underachievers the A team they are graded on a very heavily skewed curve. I'm not even sure they have earned a HD telecast of the remaining games, they should watch in lo def with stale popcorn and skanky beer

22. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Buscher deserves to be ahead of Neagle in the pecking order. He had two goals and an assist against Christos, and apparently showed well against NE. And now that he has returned to health, Vincent should get a run in place of Marcelo/Jeffrey.

Winoman repped this.
  23. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...especially Marcelo. I'll be the first to admit Jeffrey hasn't been anything special, but he has actually played some decent defense, he has a bit of speed, and he does have a decent outside shot. Sarvas has played some decent defense, but that's about it.

24. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't play the same positions though so i don't really think their PT is related to one another