Onion Bag's US Nat Jersey offer

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by TWR, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely ordered a 2xl and am still waiting.

2. Dougdog

Dougdog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did those of you who have received your orders from Onion Bag ever check the shipment status before you got it. I am curious if you could track it before hand or if you just received it. My order still says Billing Information received. They have not answered my emails or calls.

3. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    My billing status changed Wednesday night. My jersey arrived at my house in Vermont the next day.

The 5 on the back on my convey jersey isn't prinited *perfectly*, but still looks beautiful, and I'll post a pic as soon as I load them up.

4. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I ordered XXLs, and my account has said "shipped" for at least a month now.
    Again, I've emailed and called, leaving a message asking for clarification on the status of my order. No reply in either case.

5. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Got mine from BS with Dempsey because my Nike town in Oxford Street doesn't have his name to print only Mcbride or Adu.

My came last monday, love it but they didn't give me the out lining on the numbers but thinking of getting the away one from Niketown with Adu or Mcbride(altho i believe Mcbride will retire after the WC) while Adu will be around for long time so not sure.

6. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    This isn't the first person that's mentioned numbering & letter quality isn't the greatest. I know we've saved quite a bit on the cost & shipping, but is it worth it for lesser quality?

I'm one of 'em that ordered from both US Soccer and OB. Hope my Convey jersey doesn't have the same problem. I'm still in the "billing information received" status too!

7. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    For me, it's not enough of a problem to really complain about. The numbers are properly aligned, the name looks flawless, but I'm assuming that the Nike sphere material wasn't the easiest to print a large number like a 5 on.

8. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    The folks at O-n-i-ni********** make a point of advertising the fact that they use only the official letters and numbers for the shirt, and if they aren't correct or correctly applied on your shirt you should return it for a refund or exchange.
    They are the only US reseller of Chris Kay Lextra letters and numbers.

9. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I dont have the official lettering and numbering, as advertised, they're going back. I'm already fed up with the wait. I havent called because it seems like everybody else has.

10. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you check Lillywhite's?

11. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    anyone tried one of the ebay knockoffs this year? Most of the shirts from the total 90 collection were pretty bad looking. The jerseys from 02/03 were pretty close. This year, I dont know what to expect. All the good sellers like tohome and adkinson are gone.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Got mine today. It's freaking sweet. If you didn't jump on this deal back during the pre-order, you should have.

13. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Yeah, they only do Brazil or Portugal printing which annoys me because they just ignore the other nations.

These shirts last 2 years and i make a habit of only getting a player who is going to be around, as McBride is getting on i maybe forced to get Adu 11 because the away looks silly without a number.

I can have it done in USA again and shipped but it cost me so much with customs i won't do it again, Ill see in 2 weeks time if Nike town have new ones if not looks like ill have Adu 11 but at least i know he won't be retiring and people here will know who he is.

I already have Dempsey and so many people i know asked who he was and i just said wait till the summer.:D

14. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    the billing status changed from what to what? if, as many, it has said "shipped" for a few weeks, what's it going to say when it is really on it's way??? seriously curious :)

by the way, thanks (and congrats to you on getting yours) and my fingers are crossed on the numbering situation...

15. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I bought our 04-05 qualifier jerseys from OB and we ordered from them again for the new ones (despite one letter beginning to come off of my wife's jersey after just one wash), but I got my 00-01 qualifiers version and 02-03 WC version (x2) from www.soccerplus.net out in Pasadena, CA, and they used the official name/number styles for those. In fact, I often found I was the only one at games with official looking letters/numbers during that period.

I haven't ordered from them since (got a better price from OB on 04-05 and got the free printing deal this time), but Soccerplus appears to have the correct lettering/numbering now, too:
    http://www.soccerplus.net/productinfo.php?id=2746
    Looks like it's $64.99 ($5 less than OB) plus $17.99 for Reyna/McBride/Beasley/Donovan, $19.99 for any other name/number.

16. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I know this isn't an web aestetics thread but that SoccerPlus website has to be the ugliest I have ever seen. Just the look of that site alone would stop me from ordering from them, so I'm glad you gave them a good referral. I'll keep an eye on them.

IMHO, the best online jersey/shirt retailer for quality, service, and authenticity is
    Subside. No other dealer sells authentic ex-kitroom stock, and they have all the correct letters, patches, etc..
    They've got a US site now, and I've just placed my 5th order with them. It looks likethey are still sending the completed order from the UK, but they don't charge you extra for shipping as well as sticking you with customs, etc...
    If my OB order doesn't come through this week I'm going to cancel it and order from Subside instead.

17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen to this one - I've gone Subside many times myself, and you can get some pretty good deal from things in their warehouse.

18. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, it's a terrible webiste. Always has been (it's changed, but always been bad!). Anyway, my red 00-01, blue 02-03 (bought when they came out), and white 02-03 (bought before the Confed Cup in '03) from them definitely had the correct font numbers/letters, the names/numbers were well placed, and all remain attached several years later.

Also, while I refer to their website, if memory serves, I believe I called in my order in each instance.

Edited to add that, FYI, if someone is looking for a white '98 US jersey or a white '02 US jersey, they still list them in stock on their website.

19. Photodude3

Photodude3 New Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Wisconsin
    "Order value up to $150 - Delivery charge $14.99 - Shipped by Royal Mail - Delivery time 2-3 weeks" and they say buyer is responsible for customs. Yikes!

20. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I've never paid customs on any of the orders from them, and that's 6 orders and counting.
    $14.99? 2-3 weeks?
    All my orders have arrived within 10 days from ordering.
    IMHO that's cheap, especially when you are getting ex-kitroom shirts.

Plus, compare that to the fact that right now I've got $200 in outstanding orders with OB and after 2 emails and 3 phone calls I haven't heard "boo" from them. It's only a bargain if you actually get the goods on time.

21. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    I had to pay customs when i ordered from BS and UPS delivered to me, i paid £20 so about would be $35-40 if it was you guys.:eek:

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Subside is charging $180 for the Nike USMNT '96 3rd shirt??

http://www.subside.us.com/us/store/...941256&cid=67&brc=&red=product_list.jsp?id=67,

23. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland

Sure do. Doubt anyone will pay that for it though!

There is a growing market for "throwback" soccer shirts. Prices are rising for specific teams and eras, though I don't think the '96 USMNT is one of them which is why this listing is laughable.

Look under "Archive Sales" and you'll see some rediculous prices for NOS shirts. The prices on Treble-era Man U shirts are particularly laughable consisdering you can get the same replica shirts, slightly used, on Ebay for about 1/3 of what they are asking.

24. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Ordered the shorts and socks from Eurosport, the shorts have been shipped but the socks are on back order so who knows when i'll get the socks?

Any idea people?

25. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seen one and it was laughable. Every year, there's one thing the bootleggers get wrong that gives away the shirt's phony status, e.g. the fakes never get the stars on the US crest right. This time, when I saw the real deal at Niketown I knew they'd miss the woven fabric, and that was confirmed by the phony I saw yesterday, which appeared to be made from ripstop nylon. Plus the stars were wrong, the crest was mis-sized, the numbering on the back was wrong, and the sleeves look like I'd sewn them. Stevie Wonder could've picked it out as a fake from fifty yards. Save your pennies for the real thing.