Onion Bag's US Nat Jersey offer

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by TWR, Mar 22, 2006.

1. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso
    Has any one that only got half of their order received the other half yet?

2. TheModernAge

TheModernAge New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Ohio
    I ordered two with player printing on May 18 and they have not come yet. The USSF store has really disappointed me witht their service. They fail to keep you updated with your order and I don't even think that they have recieved the new jerseys from nike to send out to their frustrated, impatient customers. Does anyone know when the USSF store is suppose to recieve the new jerseys so I can get my order before the world cup is over?

3. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    A positive jersey review: Soccer American in Kensington, Maryland

As promised in another thread, here's a review of my experience in obtaining an extra-large Onyewu #22 USA away jersey from Soccer American in Kensington, Maryland. I have no connection with Soccer American other than buying this jersey from them and passing their Kensington store every day on my commute.

On Sunday, 21 May 2006, I went in, picked an extra-large blank USA away jersey off the rack, and asked about customizing it, being careful to emphasize that I wanted the "real" numbers (thanks BigSoccer!) The sales clerk said that they would order the "real" numbers and would have the jersey ready in about two weeks. The only pre-customized jerseys they had were for Landon.

On Wednesday, 7 June 2006, they had it ready for me. It looks great. They did the "arched" version of Onyewu rather than the "straight across" version, so the name does go over the seam at the top of the back of the jersey -- not that you can tell unless you're very close.

All in all, I'm very happy. If you're in the DC area and feel that you must have a customized jersey soon, I'd recommend calling them and seeing what they can do for you.

4. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still waiting on the other half of mine. My order date is Feb. 24.

5. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me neither. They said they shipped to Spain but I called and nobody had anything as of last week. I give up.

6. GalacticoX4

GalacticoX4 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    damn that's stinks. What a shit job they did.

7. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Magpie, thanks for posting that. I'll add Big Soccer to the list of companies never to buy products from.

8. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the names arched on the team's game jerseys? I ordered from www.kitbag.com and the numbering and lettering seems to be the right font (or whatever the right word is for jersey lettering and numbering), but the name "Reyna" is arched, which it isn't on the Onion Bag picture posted. NOt like I'm gonna ship the thing back to England if it's wrong, but I'm curious.

9. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One jersey finally showed up in Spain. A month after I told them I couldnt receive mail there.

The other one was to be shipped to Italy, but you know what, I cant even bother with that. I asked for a refund. Some of the worst customer service ever, behind Euroteam of course...

10. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    They should be arched. Onl0nb@g f'd up, but according to the publicity photos Nike sent out when they released the jersey, Nike did, too. My guess is that they are supposed to be arched, since they've been that way in every game during the Cup and the run-up. Ooops, Onl0nb@g....

11. TheModernAge

TheModernAge New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Ohio
    I'm thinking about ordering a white player jersey from kitbag. Did you get the white if so could I see a picture of the front of the jersey because from the photots they have it looks like they put the front number up too high.

LOOK http://kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/football/product_details.aspx?pid=27208&vid=0&cid=77&tid=

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    WRONG. Nike originally had them arched. The played the first game with them arched, then Nike's retail side realized that on the replica's, the half-circle seam on the back messed up the lettering so they switched our jerseys to straight letters. They sent priority letters to distributors before the jerseys came out telling people they should be straight. Then I guess as some point they decided screw it and went back to arched letters.