OneWorldSports/Eleven Sports Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Sep 5, 2016.

1. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Let's see:

Is that US college or international?

Zero ratings.

WTF?

3. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This thing just does not sound viable at all. I predict belly-up in a year

4. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Probably the Chinese Basketball League and European Hockey championships, Bayern Munich TV, England Cricket etcetera. (Stuff that OWS already had)

And drone racing is actually on ESPN, it's kinda interesting to watch.

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like every sports channel has a lot of popular live events. I doubt One World Sports had many viewers. I doubt Gol TV has many viewers.

6. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I doubt that Eleven Sports have many contracts that include rights in the US, so they will be starting out with the remnants of OWS rights, but it will be interesting to see how aggressive they are in bidding for events when they become available.

In the short term, they can compete for upcoming special events, pick up smaller leagues not currently being shown in the US, and negotiate sublicensing agreements for leagues where rights are held, but not all matches are being shown.

I cannot see Eleven Sports buying a struggling sports channel and not doing a significant makeover.

7. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Eleven could pick up Ligue-1, Serie A & Bundesliga in the future and would still be a small (niche) network. Since the Premier League & Champions League are not a reality, the only rights that Eleven could pick up to become "a player" would be La Liga but those are tied up to beIN until the end of the 2019-20 season.

With a distribution of 50 mil. homes currently, its a good start. Eleven Sports is owned by a MP & Silva creator which tells me there is a lot of experience and know-how behind the name. This is OWS on steroids in the sense that they could build a brand with many smaller sports from around the world and have the knowledge to actually make it work.

From a soccer fan perspective and keeping in mind the reality around us, here is what I would like to see from Eleven Sports over the next few months/year: AFC (Asian) Champions League matches; smaller European leagues such as Belgium, Poland, Croatia, Austria, Scandinavian (Denmark, Sweden, Norway); a push to get South American leagues. The biggest thing they could do and probably a good indicator as to how serious they are would be a streaming service with on-demand - especially for those early morning Asian matches.

One last thought - the rights could be very much determined by the future (if there is one) of NGSN. Dutch and Russian league matches would be a good fit if NGSN does not launch. As a matter of fact, it would probably be a good idea if these two entities (Eleven and NGSN) start talking to each other now and do some partnerships and sublicensing of products that NGSN has hoarded and could use a few bucks to share.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I noticed that OWS/ES will have their first live events since last November later this week. On Thursday and Friday, Eleven will be showing all six matches live from the Emirates T20 Cup cricket tournament, featuring club teams from the UK and Pakistan (matches each day at 2:30am, 6:30am, and 10:30am ET). Thursday also marks the start of the KHL (ice hockey) Conference finals. with a match each day, alternating by conference (West finals start Thursday, East finals on Friday). The first two days will be shown on delay due to time conflict with the cricket, but then will be shown live where there is no conflict of events,

Currently, I only see programming for this week, which makes sense since their are just in the beginning stages of acquiring events.

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cricket? I can dig it

10. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    First live soccer on Eleven Saturday night.....NASL: North Carolina v. Miami. 7:30p ET

(They will also be showing a live Spanish Basketball League game Sunday afternoon.)

11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if Eleven has replaced OWS on PS Vue's Elite package?

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be wrong, but I think OWS no longer exists. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/ has logos, not channel names, and it still lists OWS, but Eleven could have replaced OWS without the website changing. Fios has had Eleven for weeks and their website still doesn't list it.

13. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ElevenSports have picked up Belgium's First Division at the start of their Championship Round (the top six teams play off for Champions League and Europa League spots). The scheduled games:

Fri, Apr 21 - 2:30 pmGent v. Oostende

daniloni repped this.
  14. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ElevenSports has picked up the Belgian First Division, commencing with their Championship Round (the top six finishers play off against each other for spots ain the Champions LEague abd Europa League. This weekend's schedule:

Fri 2:30 pm Gent v. Oostende
    Sat 5:30 pm Sporting Charleroi v. Zulte-Waregem
    Sun 3:30 pm Anderlecht v. Club Brugge

Friday's game is LIVE. Sat and Sun games are SDD.

InterFan76 and EvanJ repped this.
  15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios finally changed the channel name and logo from One World Sports to Eleven Sports.