One Real Scary thought

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by lufty, Aug 29, 2002.

1. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    One thing that is kinda scary to think about when I read an article on MLSnet about how 7 of 8 playoff spots could be clincehed by the end of the weekend.

I find it really amusing that at the end of this weekend if the following happen we could find outselfs a total of 3 points... thats right, three points out of 1st place in the east, and the 2 seed overall.

KC beats Chicago.
    LA Beats NY
    NE Beats C-bus
    United beat the quakes
    Dallas Beats Colorado

East:

Chicago....10-11-4... 34pts.
    Columbus..10-11-4... 34pts.
    NY NJ.......10-12-2... 32pts.
    NE...........10-14-1... 31pts.
    DC........... 7-12-5... 26pts.

West:

Dallas.......12-6-7... 43pts.
    LA...........13-9-3... 42pts.
    San Jose...13-9-3... 42pts.
    Colorado....11-12-3. 36pts.
    K.City........9-9-8.... 35pts.

We know that Dallas LA and SJ are running away from the rest of the League but wouldn't it be nice to see instead of 7 teams qualify this weekend, to see 6 teams within 5 points of one another.

What even scares me more is that we could be 3 points out of first by Saturday at 10PM. :) We also could be 7 points out with three games remaining. This game coming up Saturday is A must win for our belived revs. Circle the wagons and hope for the best everyone.

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like DC will beat SJ. Thats the biggest joke. The League's worst offense going against the League's best defense, with the Quakes on the road (best road team). I think that one is in the bag.

3. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um....the Quakes are the leagues 2nd worst road team at 2-8-2, only United is worse at 0-9-3

4. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Thank you GPK. Though that game really has no immediate bearing on what goes on with the standings and my post, it could become interesting as DC still plays the Muts 2 times in the final 4 games. DC has to win, as does SJ when it comes down to obtaining the #1 Seed.

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh, woops, wrong stat then, i thought they were horrible at home and good on the road.

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    and jmmusa8.....d.c. is the ONLY team to even get 1 point off s.j. at spartan stadium with that 2-2 draw on august 17th.....it's all about the parity after contraction.

7. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Nope, that's the Metros. 9th in the league at home, 1st in the league on the road. Guess it's a good thing 4 of the final 5 are away from Giants Stadium!

JMac

8. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, DCU pulled off a draw in SJ last weekend, thus becoming the only team to get a point in SJ this year.