One Match at a Time: The Second Half Run-in Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I still say Liverpool has the edge, and you guys clearly are. Still 3 points clear, and still get 1 point from a draw game.

I'm sure you guys all notice, when City struggle, they "lost" against bottom of the list standing teams. But when Liverpool struggle, you guys "draw".

And the HUGE key difference here is City "inconsistency". This is something that they (City) don't have this season. It funny how they went on a string of wining games (and win big too), and bam, they lost to a team that is like 15th place on the list.

The thing is, I KNOW City won't go unbeaten from here on, simply due to their inconsistency, they WILL lost another game, and I bet it be on a team that bottom of the list too.

At worst is Liverpool will draw, which still get you guys a point added on, while to City is zero point from losing.

I still think this is Liverpool year, that is why no matter how bad shape your performance might be, the game still ended as a "draw", instead of a lost.

Until I see Liverpool actually lost a game, yes, a lost, not a draw. I refuse to worry.

And I'm surprise alot of fans here say Everton going to just hand City the 3 points, I doubt. Everton been performing bad, I'm sure they want to save some face for themselves and in front of their fans, they won't give up without a fight.
    Given City lost to Newcastle, I wouldn't be shocking if they lost to Everton too.

2. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And the Toffees will cheer every one. :rolleyes:

3. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
  4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For the love of Christ - DELETE/Lock this thread......

B.A. repped this.
  5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #80 Red Bird, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    We've officially lost our collective heads, according to the wise old heads Sutton, Keown and Redknapp. So there.

This narrative is going to follow Liverpool for the entire season and the ability to ride it out will determine whether this is capable of getting that coveted trophy. It's now up to the team and all of us, especially those who go the matches, to disprove this claim.

6. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is this ********ing thread still in existence?

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It could be turned on its rank little head by 6pm GMT on Sunday if we go do the business and then Chelsea play a strong game and get a result....
    swivne press, as Inspector Clouseau would say....

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Only 11 straight wins needed, Reds... ;)

Liverpool

vs Watford
    @ Ev
    vs Burnley
    @ Fulham
    vs Tottenham
    @ Southampton
    vs Chelsea
    @ Cardiff
    vs Huddersfield
    @ Newcastle
    vs Wolves

Citeh
    vs West Ham
    @ Bournemouth
    vs Watford
    @ Manure
    @ Fulham
    vs Cardiff
    @ Palace
    vs Tottenham
    @ Burnley
    vs Leicester
    @ Brighton

9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m going to be a downer - it’s not going to happened for us - we peaked too early.

10. augie

augie Member

Mar 22, 2000
    St. John, USVI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel the same way, but Spurs losing at Burnley, and hearing that Fernandinho and Laporte were both injured today gives me a little bit of hope that we can still limp over the finish line first. Of course I had "hope" (against any evidence my eyes could see) that we would score a late winner against the mancs today. At least Smalling missed out on his chance to put the dagger in...

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Our only hope is that this dip in form doesn't last much longer.

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Our dip in form has coincided with a lack of playing matches and having training camps, whereas, City's run of form has coincided with them playing a lot of matches and getting into a rhythm.

The upside for us is that City, esp if they have a deep Champions league run, will hopefully start getting a few more injuries, and test the depth of their squad.

Where once we start playing match after match will start to get into a rhythm ourselves and get over that line. Well, so I hope! :D

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our dip in form coincided with the creation of this damn thread.

LiverpoolFanatic, delaynomo and usscouse repped this.
  14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So we don't win the league because a poster started this thread......... :D

usscouse repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes.

And you could never prove otherwise!

(Tempting fate is never a good idea.)

delaynomo, usscouse and soccershaggy repped this.
  16. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's only the tempting we know about. All around the world, there are tons of supporters tempting fate for each of their clubs. The only team that this doesn't apply to is City, because they don't have supporters.

Wingtips1 and EruditeHobo repped this.
  17. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Delete

This

Thread

soccershaggy and SamScouse repped this.
  18. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The “One match at a time” part is fine...

SamScouse repped this.
  19. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #94 Buffonfan, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    I still believe Liverpool got this.

Pep said Fernandinho will be out for couple weeks, so at least the next 2-3 matches of premier league, City won't have dinho.

ok, the West Ham match tomorrow (without dinho) City probably lost, that will put Liverpool from 1 pt ahead to 4 pts. Then the next match with Bournemouth (without dinho again), City probably lost again, and that will put Liverpool back to 7 pts lead.

Yes, City has lost 2 match straight in a row before, back in December, the matches without dinhho I think.

City fans (I mean they have fans right?) should be worry, they just play 2 hours straight of football against Chelsea like two days ago. And now go against West Ham (without) dinho, chances are they will lost tomorrow game.

I still say Liverpool go this.

20. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And here:
    Guardiola reveals Laporte & Fernandinho could miss next five Man City games. From goal.com

Guys, this is your chance. Liverpool got this. NO way City can win ALL 5 games without dinho.

21. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    As much as Fernandinho and Laporte are important players, they have other really good players that can replace them. Liverpool being without Firmino would be even more damaging.

We can’t get too caught up with what City is doing. If we win tomorrow and follow it up by winning the Derby we will all be feeling good again.

CB-West and soccershaggy repped this.
  22. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But I do admire Buffonfan's positivity!

23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    One game at a time

Just win one game at a time

Watford is next...

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some may call it delusion...

25. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #100 Buffonfan, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Why delusion? You don't have faith in your own team Sir? You are a Liverpool fan right?

You saw City lost the 2 games back in December when Fernandinho was injure. You also see their "inconsistency". What is there to support that they will on a winning streak from now to May, they got like 11 games left.
    City WILL drop points. The chances of they drop point will be increase more as they have to battle in 3 front (the premier, CL, and the cup).

I just don't see how they can they will all the remaining league games. And City have the tendency to lost when most unexpected, like to the bottom of the list teams like Crystal and Newcastle.

Well, tbh, if, big if here, IF City manage to get 11 games win from now to May, AND get to the final of the CL. Then whether we like it or not, we have to admit, they deserve it, especially they battle 4 front and if they get that far. They deserve the defending title.

But nahh, not gonna happen. Liverpool WILL win this year league, I'm just so postive on this.
    And CL won't make it that far in the CL, they have Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico to go through, like that gangster coach Simeone going to let City win them, lol, over his dead body that when he let City win at his own home stadium.

ok, now I sound like some hater on City, I guess so, I do want to see them lost, lol.

Really though, believe in Liverpool. Have hope, be positive, support your team, have faith in your team.

If Liverpool indeed win this year league, I'm going to come back to this thread and say I said so!