OMar Daley and Shane Crawford called up for Jamaica

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, May 19, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two matches in England against ghana and the three lions.

should be a great experiece for two good players. I think we will be with out Daley for the next three games and crawford for two match.

go get them boys!

Mikey

2. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if any tv?

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found this

Sat Jun 03 06:00AM Pacific
    Sat Jun 03 07:00AM Mountain
    Sat Jun 03 08:00AM Central
    Sat Jun 03 09:00AM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
    International Friendly - UEFA
    England vs Jamaica

I haven't heard anything abou the Ghana match being Televised on May 29th.

Omar has played right back for the Reggae Boys but does get forward alot. i still like him on our right mid for the Battery especially playing a 4-5-1 like the Battery does.

Not sure Shane will get much time but should get a run out at left back.

it will be cool to see a pair of Battery players go up against the Three Lions!

mikey

4. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey thanks....I'll be away but should be able to save it and stay away from the result spoilers.

5. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    This could work out OK for Shane, since he'd be missing from suspension anyways.;)

6. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In MLS I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way to prevent folks from getting themselves suspended to make them attractive for call-ups. I guess USL is different?

7. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    To be honest I'm not really sure, but I'd be surprised if there is such a rule in USL because it's generally not a problem! I still don't know why he was sent off - it was the other side of the stadium and there was some sort of pushing/ shoving brouhaha going on and I never really saw him involved. Next thing you know he's walking around the pitch with our trainer so I thought he was injured, then they announce he's red carded. Folks in E10 would have a much better view from where they are, but haven't heard anyone comment on it yet.

8. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Crawford was named to the Jamaica team before the PR Divers game. I doubt he was thinking he had a free red card night.

9. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who in their right mind would want to get a red, when their team is behind? This would not go over to well with management.

10. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Dern, that made no sense on reading again. I cannot see Crawford, or any other player of the caliber that would be called up to a national team, deliberately getting a red card to enhance his availability. You just can't hide that kind of flaw in a person's character (unless your name is Machiavelli). The player would have been exposed along the way, probably by mid-teens when national team caliber players start playing together. At least that is my theory.

11. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegations like this were made in the EPL this season. I can't remember the team, but I believe it was regarding an African player. Wish I could remember the details...anyone know?
    Also the Rapids fans accused Pablo Mastroeni of this....but it's likely a false accusation.

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pretty sure Shane was already selected to the Jamaican team before this past weekends match. plus with the limited number of times Ive breifly spoken with him, it doesn't sounds like him to pull a stunt like that.

hopefully they will do well and stay healthy. Omar has been a boost for charelston this year and Shane has been solid and dangerous with his overlapping runs.

mikey

13. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just to be clear, I wasn't in any way trying to accuse him. I just brought it up as an explanation of what I thought the MLS rule was and why since I was curious if USL was different.