Olympic Team Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Where would he play? No way he deserves to start ahead of Ali Husni or Ali Adnan, and Muhannad/Sherko/Abdul Qader Tareq are better options up front.

2. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His best position is behind the striker, have you seen his form for Columbus lately?

3. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Playing well in MLS is completely different from playing in an international competition against teams like Brazil and Denmark.

He never gets enough space to move the ball when he's played behind the strikers for Iraq. The only place where he's been effective is on the left, and we already have Ali Adnan who is much better than him for that position.

4. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Adnan will play LB at the olympics almost certainly now. Rizespor are refusing to let dhurgham play at the olympics. We are lacking in wingers... An ahmed yasin or meram sounds nice now, but that can't happen unfortunately

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ali Husni and Sherko should do the job. I'm confident that Ali will be very good for us, but I'm not as sure about Sherko since he hasn't played much first team football for a long time, and when he did, he was terrible.

I agree that Ahmed Yasin or Meram would have been nice to have at this point, but you can't blame the coach for prioritizing the midfield and defense + no one could predict that Rize wouldn't let Dhurgham go. I'm also not sure if they are allowed to block him since I'm pretty sure that the Olympics are a FIFA recognized event. Barca couldn't stop Messi from going to Beijing 2008, so it's strange that Rizespor can block Dhurgham from going to Rio.

Iraqipower repped this.
  6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Im confident in ali husni, not as much in sherko because hes has basically not played with this group of players. On the other hand dhurgham must be an important team player at this stage for them if they don't want to release him

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Humam will leave the training camp as he is going to sign for a Turkish club within a few days.

Very happy to see our players leaving for Europe, instead of Qatar or KSA :)

8. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Very selfish move by Rizespor. Are they going to prevent Ali Husni from playing as well?

9. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Rizespor decided to let dhurgham play at the olympics.

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Abdul-Ghani Shahad has been appointed as Olympic coach for the 2018 AFC U23 qualifiers.

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Gonzalo is chosen as fitness coach

Iraqipower repped this.
  12. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good move. He is a good fitness coach and he has a great relationship with the players. Hopefully he is treated better than he was last time he was working for out national teams.

Iraqipower repped this.
  13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Gonzalo is a good fitness coach and great personality, but I find it pretty strange that he refused to work with the NT, only to come back for the U-23 team (which one is more important NT or U23?)

2018 AFC U-23 Championship won't act as qualifier for the Olympics, so I think that Shahad should build a side capable of reaching the Olympics in 2020. Players born on or after 1 January 1995 are eligible. I hope he leaves out the likes of Humam and Mahdi Kamil. They had their chances, it's time for a new generation to emerge.

14. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As far as I know, he was basically forced out of the senior team. Radhi replaced him with another fitness coach because Gonzalo was busy with the olympic team over the summer.

Anyways, as of now, he hasn't been officially contacted by the FA. The only news is that Shahad wants him in his staff.

15. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He didn't refuse to work with the national team, he wanted to stay but the FA did not send him his contract and then they hired a new fitness coach while Gonzalo was with the olympic team. So we was effectively forced out like Iraqilambo says.

Suren01 repped this.
  16. Sean_OC

Sean_OC New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    May 10, 2017
    Yas-The-Gunner, Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Today Iraq played a friendly against Syria in Karbala Sports City. This was the first international being played in Karbala.

Iraq won 2-0 (Ayman Hussein and Farhan Shakor were the goalscorers).

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Our Asian Cup U23 campaign starts today with a match against Afghanistan, followed by Bahrain on 21 July and KSA on 23 July.

Iraqia Sports will broadcast the matches.

Iraqipower repped this.
  19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 8-0 Afghanistan

Iraqipower repped this.
  20. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Afghani goalkeeper was terrible.

Also, I am very impressed with Aymen Hussein's technique. He had alot of space today and the result doesn't mean much, but every time I see him play, his technique in front of goal and the way he takes his shots is impressive. He really reminds me of Younis Mahmoud in alot of ways.

Iraqipower repped this.
  21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Afghanistani FA to lodge a complaint alleging that our players are committing age fraud. The afghanis are in the right, but I doubt anything will happen. I feel bad for them, but they can't prove anything.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hopefully they will ban us and people in Iraq finally wake up and realize that it's hurting us in the long run.

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Group C: Iraq - Jordan - Saudi Arabia - Malaysia

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    KSA 0-0 Iraq

We managed to drop points against an Olympic side with our senior team players. Saudi players will learn and continue to improve while this is the best we can deliver. This is how low we've sunk.

I completely lost my interest in youth football in Iraq, because it's based on corruption and fraud.

Iraqilambo repped this.