Olympic Team Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Should qualify for this. Will be interesting to see the new talent.

3. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    There are rumors that Adnan Dirjal or Jamal Ali will guide this team.

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Unfortunately.. Jawad Kadhim, Saif Salman, Mahdi Kamal or Bashar Rasan. No creative midfielders at all :(

5. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Ow i missed this thread.

I always had hope for this guy to be our playmaker. His role in the previous NT games was completely wrong since he had more defensive than attacking duties.

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Defending midfielders are not the solution.. We need attacking midfielders. Someone like Yaser Kasim would do fine.
    I think we will struggle again, relying on long balls because that is the only way we can score :(

7. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    If we manage to score :p

Lots of people are saying that Kasim is the solution but in my opinion he is not because he is not a playmaker. He is a DM. Ofcourse he would be an asset to our team and has the potential to give decisive passes.

By the way, he scored for Swindon today.

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    There are going to be scouts in Oman. This is an ideal chance for them to buy some players from the Asian zone, and it would be the biggest chance for players like Jalal Hassan, Ahmad Ibrahim, Waleed Salem, Ali Bahjat and Amjad Kalaf. They never had the chance to be in the spotlights, so it's now or never to get noticed in Europe!

9. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Good game by our team. Marwan seems like a decent striker and Amjad played a great game today.

My only concern is Hakeem's ego.

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm glad the lads won. They have to get some confidence ahead of the important qualifier in March, so this tournament is ideal.

I'm also concerned about Hakim staying..

11. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Did you guys see the open goal that Marwan Hussein missed in the first minute... simply embarrassing, every player should be able to score that let alone the striker. Amjad Kalaf has a great future with the Iraq senior team

12. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    He is not the first and certainly not the last that misses an open goal in football. What's more important is that we finally saw a striker that has a good positioning and an eye for the goal.

At the end of the day every player wishes to score 2 goals in his international debut.

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    What can we say about his miss. Unlucky..

But he is a good striker, and I wish to see more from him in this tournament.

14. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Just because lots of players have missed open goals, that doesn't make it ok. His miss was shocking and embarrassing, but good on him for scoring three goals in two games in this tournament. I hope we have found our new striker. Lets see if he is a one tournament wonder or whether he will consistently score goals with this team.

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think he deserves a chance with the national team rather than Mohannad, who proved to be overrated.

16. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Shocking and embarrassing for whom? He did a great job in his first two international games and that's all. No need to prosecute him for a miss when he made up for his mistake and is the topscorer of the tournament.

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #17 Suren01, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Guys, I actually have the feeling we can this tournament. Australia, Iran and Japan are all weaker than before, and Korea doesn't seem to be a threat (tied Jordan and beat Myanmar).

We advanced to the QF's now. We have to get 1 pt from China to win the group, and face either Japan, Iran or Kuwait.

18. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't really know where you are getting all this from. I already pretty much said what you just said. I said good on him for scoring three goals in two games and not letting his head drop after what was a shocking miss. How can you say it was not a shocking miss? The simple fact was that it was. But, as you said, he made up for it which is what good strikers do. So, as I said before, hopefully we have found a decent striker for our team. I am not 'prosecuting' him, I am simply saying that the miss was an absolute shocker, which it was, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, does it? In all truth I was complimenting him for his attitude after that miss.

This is a good tournament for us so far, and it is good that the young players are being exposed now on a stage where lots of people will take notice.

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    U-22 is a better age group than U-19. A lot of these players are playing for the senior team, and the quality is higher.

There is a good chance that some players will be noticed now ;)

20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  22. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    well deserved win tonight.

23. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    It is good to see that an Iraqi team can play short passes and doesn't have to use long balls all the time. Although Amjad scored the winner, but he really needs to lose the selfishness.

Before i forget, the commentator cracked me up. He mentioned every Iraqi city and neighborhood. What a hysterical guy.

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If we beat South Korea, we will face Jordan or Saudi Arabia, so we will win the tournament :D

25. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Amjad Kalaf... what a good player and what a good tournament for him. He has the potential to go far with our senior national team in the future.