Oly TV schedule (perhaps tentative?)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FearM9, May 8, 2004.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    The reason I put "perhaps tentative" is cuz things could always change. Say what you want about Oliver Tse...but alot of times he is spot on with his TV schedules.

Errr...he's also got the US going all the way to the final too....ya' know he is prophetic...
    :D

http://www.soccertv.com/women.cfm

Wed Aug 11 08:00AM Pacific
    Wed Aug 11 09:00AM Mountain
    Wed Aug 11 10:00AM Central
    Wed Aug 11 11:00AM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    MSNBC - US Feed
    2004 Summer Olympic Games - Women - 1st Round
    United States vs TBA

Sat Aug 14 08:00AM Pacific
    Sat Aug 14 09:00AM Mountain
    Sat Aug 14 10:00AM Central
    Sat Aug 14 11:00AM Eastern
    MSNBC - US Feed
    United States vs TBA

Tue Aug 17 08:00AM Pacific
    Tue Aug 17 09:00AM Mountain
    Tue Aug 17 10:00AM Central
    Tue Aug 17 11:00AM Eastern
    MSNBC - US Feed
    United States vs TBA

Fri Aug 20 11:00AM Pacific
    Fri Aug 20 12:00PM Mountain
    Fri Aug 20 01:00PM Central
    Fri Aug 20 02:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE/SDD
    MSNBC - US Feed
    2004 Summer Olympic Games - Women - Quarterfinal
    United States vs TBA

Mon Aug 23 11:00AM Pacific
    Mon Aug 23 12:00PM Mountain
    Mon Aug 23 01:00PM Central
    Mon Aug 23 02:00PM Eastern
    MSNBC - US Feed
    2004 Summer Olympic Games - Women - Semifinal
    United States vs TBA

Thu Aug 26 11:00AM Pacific
    Thu Aug 26 12:00PM Mountain
    Thu Aug 26 01:00PM Central
    Thu Aug 26 02:00PM Eastern
    MSNBC - US Feed
    2004 Summer Olympic Games - Women - Final or 3rd Place
    United States vs TBA

-----

WTF is all this morning crap?!!? I can't take all those mornings off from work!
    :mad:

2. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Oz
    Two hours with commericals? And I like that you already put the US into the quarter, semis and the final.

3. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    Is it NBC again this time? I hated their coverage in 2000. They would show only edited versions and threw in interviews and commentaries. I want to see the whole match. :(

But that was sure a lot better than their coverage in 1996. Nothing except a few highlights then. (That's what I hear. I wasn't into soccer in 1996, so I wasn't paying attention.)

4. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Not only that, but all the games (even the final) on MSNBC?? What about us who have no cable? :(

5. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    NBC will juggle things around the games progress.

Other than the Saturday game which might move to CNBC, the rest of the USWNT games should all be on MSNBC. Time slots are available for LIVE coverage this time around.

(Men's "futbol" will air exclusively on Telemundo, mostly LIVE.)

NBC will only be used for the prime time show in 2004 with emphasis on the "big 4": Swimming, Artistic Gymnastics, Diving, Track and Field. The prime time show will be shorter than in past years, with emphasis on the finals only instead of the heats.

Telemundo's focus will be on "futbol" (Mexico, Argentina), "beisbol" (Cuba), and "boxeo". Telemundo will also cover the women's 400-metre run extensively because Mexico's Ana Guevara is a gold-medal contender.

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Do you know if other teams will be shown other than the USWNT?

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    ********in' comercials.

8. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    I'm glad that MSNBC is at least planning on showing the games here. I was concerned that we would only get a highlight show. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

9. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    Don't believe MSNBC has room to air women's soccer matches not involving the US prior to the quarterfinal round.

MSNBC has to air women's basketball, women's softball, women's volleyball, beach volleyball (men and women), men's basketball, rowing, kayaking, etc. There are just too many other events going on.

10. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    US vs Greece will definitely air LIVE on MSNBC on August 11 at 11am ET/8am PT. NBC has already made this announcement official.

The Saturday August 14 match will be on CNBC, not MSNBC.

MSNBC will not be used during the day on weekends (taped boxing at 5-8pm Eastern Time ONLY). NBC essentially chose to reverse the roles of CNBC and MSNBC on weekends. On weekends, CNBC will air women's teams sports while MSNBC will air boxing. On weekdays, MSNBC will air women's teams sports while CNBC will air boxing.

MSNBC should have both women's soccer semifinals.

With tennis, road cycling, and basketball moving to USA Network, and "high end" niche sports such as equestrian, rowing, kayaking, track cycling, and yachting moving to Bravo, additional time slots are now available for women's team sports on MSNBC on weekdays. Don't know yet what NBC will do with the MSNBC time slots.

11. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

NBC sucks, the game will always be interrupted by commercial's ads just like the oly 2000 broadcast.

12. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    Would you have preferred pay-per-view instead? That was NBC's only other option.

The IOC does NOT allow NBC Cable to put logos of any sponsors next to the clock, regardless of whether the sponsors are IOC "partners" or not.

I do know that the men's futbol broadcasts on Telemundo will NOT be interrupted by commercials even though Telemundo will NOT be allowed by the IOC to have on-screen advertising during the broadcasts.

13. j&bontherock

yes, that was the worst soccer broadcast in the world ever ! no country in the world ( even the 3rd world country ) to do soccer coverage like that.

14. j&bontherock

if NBC wants to do the same thing like the last time around, why don't they do it in tape delay that way no portion of the game will be cut, i think everyone will be happy.

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Telemundo is also carrying the US v Greece match on tape delay. No specific time though. Telemundo is also carrying 2 men's soccer matches this day too. The time is from 1-8pm ET....

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5022016/detail.html

On 8/14, Telemundo will be showing the Mexico v China game sometime betwixt 1-8pm ET:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5021754/detail.html

On 8/17, Telemundo will show Mexico v Germany sometime betwixt 1-8pm ET:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5021788/detail.html

On 8/20, Telemundo will carry the women's quarterfinals live sometime between 10:55am - 8pm:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5021801/detail.html

8/23, Telemundo will carry live the semifinals between 10:55am-8pm:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5021858/detail.html

And finally on 8/26, they will carry the bronze and gold medal matches in the same time frame.

Whew...hope I got everything.

16. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    Good find Fear! Glad to see I get to watch soccer and brush up on my spanish before I start school!

17. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From US Soccer:

U.S. WNT's Path Through Summer Olympics to be Featured Live on NBC Networks
    7/28/04

I don't remember a broadcast of an opening ceremony for the women's tourney in Sydney.
    :confused:

18. j&bontherock

so, its on four different times, eastern, pacific, mountain, central, which time should i watch ?

19. j&bontherock

why don't you have cable ?, you're still living in 1942.....

20. j&bontherock

Watch Telemundo.

21. Idgie_no10

Idgie_no10 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    PLEASE HELP!

I'm looking for a kind person who can record the matches of Group G and some quarterfinals! Preferably on DVD, but VHS is better than nothing, of course.

In turn, I can offer matches of group F (GER,CHI,MEX), hopefully of group E (SWE,NIG,******) or play-offs. If I know in advance, I can record from Eurosport in English language, too, though I don't know much about their coverage yet.

Just drop me a PM.

(( Same is posted in the men's Oly forum, as they're talking about women on TV, too. ))

22. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/tvlistings/5022016/detail.html

check out each specific day...

msnbc and telemundo are doing a ton of soccer...

msnbc has usa-greece LIVE 10:30 AM on August 11, TWO days before the opening cermonies...

check the daily schedule on the web site for NBC to get CHANNELS and TIMES..

23. Julius

Julius New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    color on Women's soccer broadcasts

Do you anyone know who will be the color analyst with JP for the Women's Olympic soccer games on MSNBC, NBC, etc. I hope its Wendy.

24. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Re: color on Women's soccer broadcasts

It's that chick that did the Freedom games. Lori Walker I think?????

25. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States