OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Where is everyone?

4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Much needed today plus Montpellier did us a favor by giving us a little cushion.

5. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huge win indeed especially since it wasn't convincing. Thursday should be an "in the bag" win or draw. Loved Lacazette's solute!

Is Valbuena hurt?

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I believe so. Not a huge fan to be honest of Valbuena.

Need to win on Thursday and get on with it.

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    That was an homage to Lisandro Lopez apparently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Pierre Menes thinks Laurent Blanc would be a good coach for you guys.... Btw I have no doubt Blanc is in the mix knowing how JMA operates.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Meh.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Claudio Ranieri is now available. Dont know if JMA would be interested in him but the fans sure would be.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Love the man, but no way in hell. I can't remember how his Monaco spell went, but I wouldn't want him at O'L.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    His Monaco spell was good. Earned promotion to Ligue 1 but they let him go after they changed projects. Rainieri will be in the mix for Lyon I have to think.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So we are beginning to make a little gap between 4th and 5th. The othe Rhône side lost again. With that loss they've slipped down to 6th and are now 7 points back.

Depay with a brace and an assist and Laca gets another. There is a lot to like about this side they just need a bit more consistency. While it's unlikely, if Nice struggle, there is the slightest chance we could catch them.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The other Rhône side is in deep trouble considering they don't have any players they can sell that would bring in a lot of money so they can buy better players. Last I read they are looking for a new investor and they sure need it.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kind of what is happening with Rennes. Granted they just sold Dembele, but that cupboard right now is pretty bare.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well looks like I spoke too soon because I read today Malcuit is being tracked by ManU. o_O

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mourinho has a thing for Saint-Étienne. He got Chelsea (my first love) Zouma.

My fascination with Lyon goes back to the early 2000's when Lyon dominated with Juninho, Benzema, Essien, Coupet, Malouda etc. That was when Sochaux was around and decent. Same with Auxerre. Something about this club draws me in. I'm defunitely a fan and follow them. Only Ligue 1 matches I get are PSG with a side of Monaco and Nice. Not sure why I can't get more. Back when I started getting into football when I started following Chelsea 2002, there was Fox Sport World and they regularly had Ligue 1 matches on. Miss those days.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Right, Zuma was their last "big" sale. I didnt see anyone on their roster who was worth close to that much. Transfermarket.com has inflated prices. They have 31 yr old Loic Perrin valued at 7.5 m lol.

I think ASSE got screwed with Beric though. He could have been a monster goal scorer in L1 if he didnt get seriously hurt and had better players setting him up.

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm honestly surprised he never left.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its great for the club of course, but it hurt his France NT oppurtunities. It shouldnt have but thats what happens when you have so much talent playing abroad. Pretty sure I did read a Perrin to Arsenal rumor at some point.

21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Malcuit hasn't done anything this year. They do have the "other" Pogba though!

I rate Veretout, going back to his Nantes days. With him being a loanee from Villa he really doesn't count. Ruffier is a good keeper but his years are well behind him for a move. Whatever happened to Saint-Maxim?

22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You know, so do I. That was a rumor at one point.

As much as it pains me, I hope to God you lot stay top. I remember when PSG were shit! It would be phenomenal for the league for Monaco to finish strong and win the league. Brilliant football to watch as well.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Saint-Maximum is still only 19. Its hard to succeed at Bastia so maybe he'll have a chance somewhere else.

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Isn't he a ASSE player though? Or wasn't he?

25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Squad for Bordeaux tomorrow.

Usual suspects.

Like the idea of Manama and Diakhaby starting centrally again. Rafael and Jallet as the fullbacks. Gonalons as the holder next to Tolisso. Cornet, Fekir, and Depay in the attacking band. Laca up top. That's my guess on the starting 11.