OKC Energy Stadium atmosphere

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Energy FC' started by Brother Badgerjohn, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I had to guess, there were about 3000-3500, and about 50 supporters - good start, esp. for a preseason in the Western Suburbs.

mikehurst21 repped this.
  2. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Good to hear. Were the supporters organized at all? They apparently used some "colorful" language at one point, because someone posted about it on the Energy FB page, lol.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently those people don't make it out to other sporting events.

4. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I was thinking the same thing. They said something about watching the language because children may pick up on the chants and repeat them. They also called the supporters group a "cheer group" which was hilarious as well.

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She probably has a "swear jar" at her house.

Macsen repped this.
  6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be higher than most of USL Pro. Wow.

mikehurst21 repped this.
  7. elitespy

elitespy Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I was so close to replying to her, but I decided against it. I asked the energy PR team at a marketing event what they were going to do about that. They just said what happens in the Supporters section stays there, they can't do anything about it, which I thought was pretty cool.

I find it funny the difference in culture's between Americans and Europeans.. I was watching a EPL match the other day and you could hear what was clearly a little kid yelling profanities at the players and it's not a big deal, here if a kid were to do that the parents would be mortified.

8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to hear them repeat that after they're playing at BMHS for a couple of games.

Ask yourself this, will it be funny when you get to come pick up your kid from school because he called the teacher a cunt?

9. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Sometimes you have to call it like you see it.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And people wonder why you can't get anyone to teach in this state.

11. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with ranking 48th in teacher's salary. Totes has to do with the proliferation of the use of the word "********" in the classroom.

12. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's one factor, but teaching has been a secondary family income for the most part around here since the late-70's when you saw the majority of the male teachers either retire, change careers and stop looking at teaching as a career altogether.

But we've also seen a change over the last 2 decades that has essentially put teachers in general at fault for a majority of failing students (yes, there are bad teachers) when there is equal blame on over-privileged students and lazy parents. Politics and culture are pushing education to be more test outcome & business based. Education isn't a profit center and good teachers should never be abused (verbally/physically) by any student or parent, or have their evaluation based on a student's unwillingness to learn (not inability) and parent's unwillingness to be involved in their kids education. On any given week, there's a certain group of parents that will invest more time/effort/money in their kids youth sports participation and performance (not to mention cell phone access) than they will making sure they can read/write and do math at a competency that will get them out of HS.

Len, mikehurst21 and Brother Badgerjohn repped this.
  13. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    I wish I could rep this a thousand times. The bolded part, particularly, but all of it is right on the mark.

Well said, Mr. Warmth.

14. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the other day they announced a radio station partnership to broadcast games. Any idea who will be providing play by play and color?

15. OkieZebra

OkieZebra Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    I saw it, but can't find it at the moment. Pretty sure it was on 96.1 - liked the pairing in theory, both had knowledge.

One of them (color?) was a radio guy in baseball and has experience as a soccer ref, which should be a good combo.

16. Burke_mbk

Burke_mbk New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The atmosphere I think will be great. They added ( like most of you know ) stands to the east and on the north end of the goal (I may be a little off of my actual directions but I am sure you guys will get it) And of course the GA lawn area behind the south end. So I am estimating 3-4k at the game later this month.

Also, I am new to Bigsoccer but not other soccer fourms. Is there a place somewhere else to talk about energy fc? This forum seems a bit slow(no offence). But if there is a more active EFC forum I would like to know about it.

I tried to upload a profile pic but I could not make it small enough for it. Any advice.

17. elitespy

elitespy Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect no less than a season average of 7500

ManuSooner repped this.
  19. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I personally expect no less than a USOC Championship victory and winning....whatever the USL trophy is called.

20. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that video is from a month ago

22. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that video was filmed March 13th. It's a bit greener now.

23. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good. Color is irrelevant, if the sod hasn't anchored itself to the soil below.

Divots, broken ankles & blown knees

24. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my intent with the greener comment. Is is safe to assume that it would have had to anchor itself to the soil to be lush green currently?