Oh Mendy! You Came To Madrid & Stopped Our Defense From Shaking - Welcome Ferland!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Solid defensive game for Mendy as usual.

Offensively though...a lot of work to do.

I thought his crossing was poor today and also for some reason he doesn't overlap and try to get to the by-line enough (made a Zidane choice...don't know).

Very good signing though.

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Love the fact that he can use both of his feet expertly.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love this guy, what a signing!

He’s confident, brave, strong, good with both feat, reads the game well. Seriously love this signing.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most influential of the summer signings so far. Integral to the best defense in Europe

Digital, RMrules, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This guy is a machine man. And the scary part is he is getting better

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cash in on Reguilon. Mendy is absolutely competent and perfectly played in already. If we get back most of the transfer sum from Reguilon, it's been a fantastic choice.

In an ideal world we'd have Reguilon and Mendy as option A and B but in the real world it would never work like that.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why not?

We need 2 quality players and we play a lot of games

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because neither would be satisfied being the designated backup. Reguilon has a spot in the national team to play for, we'd hear lots of complaining and end up losing on money. Send him now that he's doing great for Sevilla, not when he's got mold all over him from the bench.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This is likely outcome considering Reguilon does not strike me as "sit on zie bench" type of guy.

12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We'd still need a backup though.

13. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    If Hakimi comes back in the summer he can cover both right/left back positions and Nacho is really good as a fullback.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's just scratching the surface, you can see he's getting more and more comfortable offensively. This is just the beginning.

15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a beast this player is becoming for us. I pointed it out in the summer, but it’s his key attributes and strengths that just make him suited to play at the top level, and that’s exactly what he’s beginning to do for us.
    I love how he tries to use his right foot too, not uncomfortable or phased to switch feet when necessary.

16. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you’re the opposition, he’s the type of player you dread playing against as its very hard to make inroads against him, and then he attacks you, so it just gets worse!

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd sell Reguilon to Sevilla for a fair sum with a buyback after two years like we did with Morata. I think Marcelo will see out his contract until 2022, but won't give up on Reguilon permanently yet.

natenate101 repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best signing so far this season?

19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, I see Mendy as our LB for the next 6/7 years. Reguilon stands no chance against him, on every level. The impact Mendy has had on our defensive structure is very rare. Worth every penny, Zidane (once again) proved his eye for talent.

I'd be OK with Reguilon as a back-up, but he probably wants to play, so cashing in sounds fine to me.

By far.

natenate101, Anon., Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Amazing we are asking this question and he was a €48M fullback many trashed the club for buying.

Seriously, Zidane is something else. He has his faults but he is a Godsend for our club. From his player selection, tactics, transfer targets.... he is even more amazing as a manager than a player.

I can't believe he even still has to beg Florentino to secure his targets. This dude see shit ten steps ahead. Florentino should give him whatever he wants; transfers, extension, everything

Eddie, Anon., Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely, Ferland has to be the starting left back for France in the Euro.

Zidane handpicked a gem

22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Imagine if Zidane gets his wishes..

In three years we will have Camavinga, Mbappe and who knows what other gem he will find.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Zidane is given a say in our scouting, along with Calafat we’d have two of the best in the game. He’s very good at identifying talents, I’d like to see involved in signing players not only for the first team but also for the Castilla.

24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Simply in love with Mendy. What a signing.Nothing goes past him and as was correctly pointed out, he is becoming better offensively, absolute monster of a player. Zizou has struck gold as usual.

25. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By a Country mile, and he’s still only 24 years old, lots of time to develop further.