Oh Mendy! You Came To Madrid & Stopped Our Defense From Shaking - Welcome Ferland!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great attitude.

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Very impressive stuff from him the other day and I have the same feeling about his game as he did, he is much more capable offensively than he is shown that day, the more he plays the more comfortable he’ll get so I’m not too worried about it.

3. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always love when our new players are well spoken and considerate about their media statements. This shows they understand what club they joined and that a lot is demanded from them. Smart move from Mendy to be positively critical of his impressive performance - now he only needs to transfer that attitude to Valdebebas and good things will happen.

4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great attitude and set of comments from him. A long way to go for him still, but no one can question his attitude, work ethic and improvement over the last few years.
    I’m hoping that he silences his critics, including those that should be supporting him, as we transition away from Marcelo.

MiamiNative0722 and natenate101 repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m guessing the naysayers have given up on the foolish notion that he wasn’t worth the money spent on him?

Dude’s a beast and from now on should be the starter at every difficult stadium or important games.

6. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, they’ve dispersed very quickly. Dude’s a beast, our best 1vs1 defender, without question. Still early days, so I’m not yet ready to say “I told you so...”

Drouchk repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    There was actually a stat circulating about how he was only dribbled past twice last season, I didn’t know what to make of it until now.
    Yea it’s still early but surely anyone could now see why the club at least thought he was worth the risk?
    Also the thing he is much better offensively than he is shown so far, looking forward to when he gets comfortable enough to show it.

8. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I rather have him excell at defence atm and be a little shy in attack than the other way around. So far , a very good signing !

Aensensen, PigBenis, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  9. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    It’s a perfect situation really. Someone with great defensive skills (Mendy) working alongside probably one of the best attacking LBs ever (Marcelo). I hope they develop a good relationship. Mendy can pick up so much from Marcelo in terms of attacking.

10. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Marcelo can play a wide midfielder too.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo though, doesn’t seem interested in playing there, seems to insist on LB or nothing, maybe ZZ can change his mind

Anon. and BjornH repped this.
  12. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Injured for approximately 2 weeks. Sucks

BjornH repped this.
  13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we haven’t seen Mendy performing amazingly well on the offensive end, but he does have the ability to do it.

1141047047967170560 is not a valid tweet id

I’m confident he will improve in this department with more game time.

madridista_hr, HZinho, BjornH and 4 others repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People are a little eager to write him off, i’ll give him some time to settle properly in a new team before I judge him, new country, new teammates, I saw some complaints about his first touch but I also saw him take a ball over his head out of the sky with a high degree of skill , I think he will be a very good player for us both offensively and defensively once he settles into the team

Pundorikakho, Stiliyan, HZinho and 8 others repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Defensively, he's been as advertised; he has been phenomenal on that front. Almost unbeatable one on one. He also makes very intelligent runs off the balls. It's a matter of showcasing his offensive skill set that he has already.

Pundorikakho, Anon., J-Mezzy and 7 others repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Quick, strong and from some of the stuff I’ve seen him do, fairly technical too, I look forward to seeing him grow in this team

18. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really impressed with him. He's such a rock, provides incredible comfort in defense. Love it!

Anon., MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Little off topic but I’ve got to say I’m excited about some of the new players we have brought into the team this time, and of course Valverde ( always liked him) genuinely excited , really looking forward to Rodrygo , Vin, Mendy, Jovic, Militao and maybe Hakimi and Ødegaard , much more interested and confident in these players than I was in Llorente or Ceballos , but that’s just me

Pundorikakho, HZinho, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We got a nice young legion. We just need t secure a striker if Jovic isn't it and our future is bright

Digital repped this.
  21. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd play him over Marcelo in a heartbeat. The whole defense looks so much better

22. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    This guy is a CB.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marcelo has a contract until 2022 and unlikely that he'd want to leave next summer after living in Madrid with his family for 13 years. We can't lose Reguilon. And we are short at CB and Ramos turns 34 in 2020. Maybe not a bad idea to have him as CB if Mendy is versatile. After all, Ramos played as RB for RM and Spain for many years before becoming full time CB under Mou.

Modric-87 repped this.
  24. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    I dont like Mendy attacking, defensive he is so good. I hope they try him CB soon.