Offsides on Goal Kick?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by campton, Oct 13, 2007.

1. campton

campton New Member

May 1, 2007
    Chi-city
    Im in the dark, after looking throuth the LOTG and ATR i couldnt find it. I had a referee tell me today that there was no such thing. I argued for a bit and went on my way. Help me out please.

Campton

2. Ref Flunkie

Ref Flunkie Member

Oct 3, 2003
    New Hudson, MI
    Check the diagram on page 39 of the PDF version of the 2007 ATR.

Or Page 24 of the LotG.

3. mvgary

mvgary Member

Jan 12, 2006
  4. campton

campton New Member

May 1, 2007
    Chi-city
    Thank you. Mods close?

Campton.

5. Rufusabc

Rufusabc Member+

May 27, 2004
    Almost as bad as the ref in the HS game today who had his hand raised for an indirect goal kick....that was in the first minute of the game and things did not improve....

6. campton

campton New Member

May 1, 2007
    Chi-city
    Nothing beats the greatest one of all. U13 season, im center back. I step to the 18, attacker is on the 6, flicks it in. Ref says theres no offsides on ANY free kick.

7. Tarheel Ref

Tarheel Ref New Member

May 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    OK Campton I'm feeling a little punchy...this is in fun but...

"OffsideS" occurs when the defense moves across the plane of the football before/when it is put into play by the center, resulting in a 5 yard penalty or the result of the play, whichever is greater (something that my Redskins need to work on!). :p

OffsidE occurs when an attacking player in the attacking half is closer to the end line than the 2LD when the ball is played resulting in an IFK for the defense. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm!!! and also a pet peeve of mine and others....

8. campton

campton New Member

May 1, 2007
    Chi-city

Made me laugh.

9. mvgary

mvgary Member

Jan 12, 2006
    :rolleyes: corrections in brackets. It is not an offense by itself to be in an offside position, there must be involvement in play.

10. macheath

macheath New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    DC
    Just to be sure everyone has seen it, here are Campton, Gary, and Tarheel in a bar (they are speaking Dutch for some reason), discussing offside (if the video hangs up, just click the little dot on the youtube player...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n-p...l offside buitenspel mannenhumor vrouwenhumor

11. falcon.7

falcon.7 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
  12. Tarheel Ref

Tarheel Ref New Member

May 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    True and thanks (I did know that but didn't get all the specifics into my sarcastic little post there).