Offseason transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Everton' started by mischaDCU, Mar 6, 2006.

1. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    You know what I hate about the offseason?
    SkySports' headlines that are "puns" about the toffees. They're the same every damn time too:

“Weir still sweet on Toffees”
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=399307&CPID=8&clid=11&lid=&title=Weir+still+sweet+on+Toffees

“Valente not sweet on Toffees”
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...=&title=Valente+not+sweet+on+Toffees&channel=

“Jeffers sweet on Toffees”
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...&lid=&title=Jeffers+sweet+on+Toffees&channel=

“Johnson sweet on Toffees move”
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...&title=Johnson+sweet+on+Toffees+move&channel=

2. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD

Yeah, at least they could get a bit more creative....say, like if we end up signing Jeffers:

"Toffee's stuck with Jeffers"

Or, wondering whether Yobo will resign:

"Yobo still chewing on Toffee deal"

Hey! Maybe we can start a whole thread devoted to bad candy/Toffee puns...that'd be swell, huh? :rolleyes:

3. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
  4. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Yobo signs a new deal!

5. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Link?

6. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Toffeeweb front page...from some nigerian newspaper or something...sounds legit!

4 years!

Maybe!

It would be awesome!

7. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    That would be awesome. First, a solid pairing up top, now a solid backline (with a wee bit o' depth, as well)...now all we need to do is keep Cahill.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back after a while away from these boards, including spending a couple of weeks in Germany.

Considering he plays for my local club team, I've seen Demps play a lot and I'll agree with Sara on this, I don't think he's ready yet for the EPL. But I also don't expect him to be with us past the August transfer window, so we'll see.

9. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Serie A Clearout

So there's that whole scandal thing in Italy, I think that if the relegation punishments are handed out, Moyes and the board would be moronic not to take advantage of the warehouse prices on star players. Here's a link to the BBC feature story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5150260.stm

Sure as hell the other Prem teams will be coughing up money, I just hope that we havent blown it all on AJ & Knees so there's none left to buy anyone else.

10. gwedboi

gwedboi New Member

May 20, 2006
    Re: Serie A Clearout

The chances of us grabbing any of those players is like.. one in a million.. why would players like that want to come to everton? especially since we arent in europe next season. But damn.. how awesome would it be to have zlatan at goodison.. *drools*

11. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005

No tah Juve can keep him.

12. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

You're crazy. I love Zlatan.

13. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zlatan is mad overrated...but still would look good in Everton colours (that won't happen though ;) ).

How many goals did he score in the WC though? Miroslav Klose is 10 times more effective than this overrated guy who advertises himself as "the best player in the world :rolleyes:"

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guillaume Plessis has joined Cardiff City on trial. Looks like he has no future for Everton.

15. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    I forgot all about him.

16. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Plessis was released on the 18th of May 2005. He only came here on a 6month contract so we could could have a look at him.

17. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
  18. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    He didn't have a good World Cup, but I've seen him play his heart and soul out for Ajax. I just love the guy.

19. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Borussia Dortmund's South African national Delron Buckley is on a trial with Everton.

20. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Seems he can play left middie and forward; but has been inconsistent and has had some bad knee injuries. From the Borussia Dortmund site (http://www.borussia-dortmund.com/?i%E0%F4%9F*j%97%81%95):

STRENGHTS
    Buckley was positioned as offensive left midfielder same as in the South African national team. Running 100 meters in 11 seconds, Buckley is known for his excellent technics and assists, searching for one-to-one struggles. Besides his strength in the offence, he’s also able to switch to blocking the midfield whenever the ball is lost.

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We need speed...with Odonkor being the new roadrunner there, I'm not terribly surprised. Don't forget 2 seasons ago, he did hit 14? goals. He does have quality. Last year though, he was pretty bad. But he is a great tactically option, and surely better than DAVIES. :mad:

Down with Davies! :D

22. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    I know this doesn't concern Everton, but Nicholas Anelka might be going to Portsmouth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/5194634.stm

Didn't he tell Everton a year ago to "dream on" because he thought he could play for bigger clubs? :D

I hate this guy. If you read the article, he thinks he's world class, and the reason his career is sh!t isn't his fault (of course). :rolleyes:

What a prick.

23. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Woohoo! New candidate for the Radzinski list!

24. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
  25. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Buckley will join Everton's USA tour.