Offseason Roster Wishes (Keep, Cut, Consider)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Oct 23, 2019.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kreilach is from Croatia, Mario Mandžukić is from Croatia, so your saying their is a chance?

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have a really hard time cheering for Mandžukić given his club history. Great player, don't get me wrong, but he's been the villain for me for a really long time

3. ElBurrito

ElBurrito Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Feb 1, 2019
    Sandy, Utah
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are we protecting Beckerman?

4. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    So that a team doesn't take him and then we have to buy him back for a lot more than he is worth.

The real question is why are we protecting Donny Toia? Or an injured Besler?

As much as I don't care if Plata leaves just letting him go instead of trying to get something out of him in a sign and trade or some other MLS machinations is interesting. May not be possible but at least we have a capable GM to sort it all out.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do you slide in for him? I look at the list of exposed players and kind of shrug at all of them. Rowe and Plata are out of contract, so the loss there really isn't a whole lot. The rest? I couldn't care less.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter who we protected: no one goes.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna lie, I was a bit sad we didn't lose a player. Curious how the Plata and Rowe situations are handled by our soon to be announced GM.

8. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be overthinking this but it seems like in our glory days we always lost someone to expansion. Am I wrong? It makes it seem like maybe we just dont have a great roster at this point. I'm probably overlooking something.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The draft has certianly changed, as have the number of teams that the expansion side can pick from.
    But, yeah, it's a critique of the roster's depth and 100% makes Dunny's bullshit "deepest roster in club history" saying prove to be just that - bullshit

RSLer, acima, JLaw and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd suggest it's also a function of how many players we get to automatically protect as Homegrown. Some teams have one or two; we had a whopping 12 in addition to the 12 we formally protected. That totally morphs the players available to be selected (so too did not having to protect Rimando and Beltran).

rslfanboy, RSLer, JLaw and 4 others repped this.
  11. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    #61 Allez RSL, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    There were only 10 picks from a possible 24 teams. It reduced the chances of any one team being affected.

Edit: I forgot the exemption for teams that lost players last year. I guess there were only 19ish teams available to lose players.

JLaw repped this.
  12. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, it's terrible evidence but I'm sticking to it, our roster sucks...

15 to 32 repped this.
  13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having a roster ranked 11th best in the league, at best, isn't a great place. And certainly doesn't warrant a "best in club history" kind of label.

RSLer repped this.
  14. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My wish is the least achievable of all: information and communication from the FO.

I'm sure it's just perception, but it feels like all the other teams are in the news and RSL related news is a veritable ghost town.

jessyca repped this.