Officially the most fascinating club in the country - FC Twente [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I don't know if this addresses Twente's need at this moment. I'd like to see a more offensive-minded player being recruited, like Wijnaldum or Toornstra. Having said that, coveting a promising player with expiring contract does make sense.

2. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would be worse: your reaction (at the time) to the news that McLaren was hired or your reaction to the news that Adriaanse was hired (assuming that's who Twente hires)?

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well Fer is a left footed midfielder and we need one of those. I would also like Wijnaldum but his wage demands were apparently too high. Twente's been interested in Fer for a while, I think he's our only genuine transfer target right now. It's all a bit difficult now of course as we haven't got a new coach yet. I can imagine a player wanting to know about who that is first.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Adriaanse would be worse. I really loathe him as a person. I can't stand the sight of the man. He'll have my support of course if he does sign but I'll really need to flip a switch in my head.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wish I could give you a 1000 times reputation DRB300. Perfect assessment of her "debating" tactics. And remind me to never pick an argument with you.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This thread is for Twente related news only.

I've created a special thread for you and your mates here, and I'd like to ask you politely to keep it in there. Thank you!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23654221#post23654221

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Posting from my mobile.

My big brother DRB has set Johan straight as eloquently as ever.

For the single person defending her, if so many people across BS and certainly not only the Netherlands board have problems with Johan, maybe other posters shouldn't be targeted by your outrage lol? I think she has cleaned up her act considerably thanks to Pag, but her pointing fingers is unjust.

I remember both Utrecht and Vitesse having club threads on here this season and who was being miss negativity all around? Exactly.

Nobody has to discredit you if you wouldn't make up so much stuff. Elia literally said "Munsterman maakt me kapot"when he wasn't allowed to go back to Ajax. How is that not negative?

Moving on and to stay on topic, Munsterman has revealed yesterday that Guidetti will sign, but he hasn't so far because he's on holiday. Fer is more allround than Wijnaldum, but Georginio gives you goals.

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Whatever keeps you from actually addressing the points made in a discussion right?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    For the last time, I'm happy to discuss anything Twente related here. I am no longer going to respond to any posts that are not on topic. I have created a thread where you can chat about me amongst yourselves. Thank you.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This whole discussion started with you calling out racists. Don't act surprised when people come here defending their opinions.

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    If you want to continue this personal discussion, use the Personal Message system.

12. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I don't know... if I were Wijnaldum, I'd probably trade off some wage with the opportunity to play in Europe. I think in the long term this will serve him better (beef up the experiences and get more exposure).

What's the scoop on Jens Toornstra? I remembered that a number of clubs were after him not too long ago, and I believe Twente is one of them. I watched a few highlights of him last season, and was highly entertained. Looks like a workhorse kid with actually good skills on the ball.

13. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I think Toornsta will stay at least one year at Den Haag. Den Haag and Kees Jansma, Den Haag supporter, former-Alphense Boys chairman, took him from the 5th division to give him a chance at the pro-level. Boys like him are thankful for things like that.

Wijnaldum I don't know what to think. Maybe he has the same thoughts as me and thinks that Feyenoord can show some nice things next year, after years of misery.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I like Toornstra. I don´t think we´ve ever been seriously linked with him though, even though he himself has said he´d like to join Twente at some stage I think! You could argue that we already have players of his type. Fer really is our first priority now as is a left back. I think other new players will strongly depend on whoever we get as our new coach. There are people here who claim that the deal with Adriaanse has already been done btw.

15. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I like him and I think he's massively underrated. Read this post I made when he was linked to PSV.

Van Halst doesn't like him though
    http://pagavoetbal.freehostia.com/CO/Co-Ajax-2.jpg

:p

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Alright time to start a new thread. And please this time do keep it to Twente only stuff. The mods will start handing out infractions to people who ignore us this time.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nobody ignored the mods. Chill.

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Co Adriaanse also made AZ play by far the most entertaining football they've ever played. With Perez on the wing and Barry van Galen on midfield.

19. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I apologize for not being able to type in a way people understand what I'm trying to convey. Unfortunately I didn't mean the thread was one to harass Ms. Neeskens which she oddly created herself, but a lot of the stuff that came after my original request wasn't about Twente. It was more attacks that should have been stopped long before.

20. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry missed that one.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Give me a bit of time to think of a new thread title? Seeing that we're apparently on the verge of signing Adriaanse, it's almost a done deal. He might be presented this weekend.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Hahaaa don't I know it!

But you see that's the type of nazi behaviour that I don't like about Adriaanse. I guess I'll just have to put up with it seeing that it's almost a done deal.

23. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like the nazi is favorite for the job right now.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two Dutchies. Funny how a website is more credible among fans now than reputable newspapers