Official World Cup Song

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by AGF Aarhus, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    please enlighten us...

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I love the "Sportfreunde", mostely for their lyrics which are just awesome. Maybe they can do the song for the German team. Others I didn't read so far and who I think are pretty cool are: Mia, Fettes Brot, Fanta 4 or Winson.

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    That's what I'm here for! ;)

Two words: Andre Heller :D

4. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  5. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, that's true...I'm really surprised that even 7000 tickets were sold so far. I mean come on, who is paying up to 750€ for that sort of thing? The community of money-loaded, art loving football fans?

That's something we could learn from the Americans, they are able to sell everything as a huge spectacle. And we have the biggest sporting event on earth and all we come up with is "A TIME TO MAKE FRIENDS" and that weird "Football Globe"? And don't even get me started on that logo of ours or that uninspired official poster. And then there is the mascot: A lion (where is the connection to Germany? Or was it a gesture towards England, as they didn't get the WC?) who looks like he comes right out of Sesame Street with a talking ball (does it get any more ridicuolus?) and without pants for crying out loud...my business idea for the next six months: Buy a couple of those lion puppets, attach a giant dick and sell em on the internet.

Well, at least Heller is out of the picture now :rolleyes:

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    So what's the real reason, the lack of interest or the grass? The German media seem to blame it on FIFA being obsessive about the quality of the lawn 5 days later but maybe they are just being clever by not admitting they planned something nobody wants to see in the first place? Shame about all the money that could have been spend building football grounds and promoting football all over the world.

7. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I've read, that probably the real reason is the fact, that they hardly sold any tickets so far (7.000 out of 75.000) which makes perfectly sense to me.

8. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes no wonder if they make the tickets so expensive! I am sure cheaper tickets would have drawn much more of a crowd. Anyway I won't miss this a single bit, I never saw the point of opening ceremonies anyway.

9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Reading this reminded me of their unofficial song for Italia 1990 which was a punk version of "Azurro". Great stuff:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11001215/Die_Toten_Hosen_-_Azzuro.mpg.html

I also always liked "Mexico" by Böhse Onkelz which was done for Mexico 86.
    Another great unofficial song was "Football's coming home" in England 96.
    The only cool official song ever done of course is "Fußball ist unser Leben" in 1974, but that's hardly due to it's musical quality...I guess we'll always have to resort to the unofficial stuff.

10. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, we still have the opening ceremony, this was supposed to be an extra event on top of that. The opening ceremony will be in Munich though for the opening match. The more I think about it, the more stupid this Idea sounds to me...

11. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    hOFF... WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

12. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Anyone who believes the official FIFA version of this being about the grass has been getting into a bit too much grass themselves. FIFA wanted to avoid the world seeing a half-empty (hell, it sounds like half empty would have been doing pretty well) stadium for something they've sunk so much money into.

This was a stupid idea from the start. If you're interested in soccer you want to go to a soccer game, not pay a bunch of money to watch Peter Gabrial smash some coconuts together. If you want to watch Peter Gabrial smash some coconuts together, you probably don't care too much about soccer and have no reason to pay half your life savings to see the two combined.

13. __Dynamite__

__Dynamite__ Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Krusa (Denmark)
  14. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    Black Eyed Peas? WTF

15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  16. __Dynamite__

__Dynamite__ Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Krusa (Denmark)
  17. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Ok, my first idea was not so good.

Motörhead sings "Alte Kameraden".

And the Cheerleaders in the background "We all are watching you without a pantyhose".

An explain for Jonam and other political correct jumpers.

Alte Kameraden is the song who Willy Brand was digged.
    And the Cheerleader song ist from "We are washing... on the Siegfriedline....,
    this songs are without DRM, and a JOKE.

18. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
  19. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually, after having danced to it in a disco, I don't find the song as horrible as I did when I heard it the first time. Doesn't make the video better, of course. I am still all for Die Toten Hosen.
    Plain and simple: FIFA screwed up, as usuall...

20. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  21. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I can imagine Mueller-Vorfelder, Olli Kahn, Paul Breitner or Uli Hoeness dancing to this. But it doesn't really fit with the new nice friendly smiley Klinsi Germany image. And most importantly, der Kaiser will dissapprove.

22. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah that song really is not for the kid's, but it sure pumped me up!

23. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this were an imageboard, I'd say "age."

24. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Official Goleo song? What else will they have official songs for in the fututre? The official Budwiser Fan Refreshment song? Or the official song for the final draw? How about an official World Cup qualification song for the time before the WC?

Well anyway, I think this song isn't even all that horrible...I mean it could have been worse (Anastacia). It's just a typical, political correct song, that won't offend anyone and has a positive message. The fact that it doesn't have any direct connections to football doesn't weight that much.

25. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004