Official Utah pick-up soccer thread

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by PumaJohnny, Jun 25, 2005.

1. utah_heretic

utah_heretic New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Last I heard, drop-in soccer kicked the bucket, having lost it's time-slot to Arena Football.

Does anybody know of another pick-up game in Salt Lake?

2. Felony

Felony New Member

May 1, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    What's up Boz? Have you been playing any pick up games? I messed up my ankle something fierce (to go along with the quad injury I had) and have been doing a whole lot of nothing. At any rate, I'd be looking into playing a little bit again. Did you get hooked up in a league from that other forum? Let me know what's going on and maybe we can hook up and get our fat asses in shape while we are at it. PJ let me know what you find out about games at the University.

3. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
  4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If anyone is still playing, I wouldn't mind a piece of that.

5. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Last I knew, the Spence-Eccles fieldhouse is open to anyone on Friday after 5:00 pm. It could have changed since then......

We got together a couple of times, got a few good games in, but never really had that good of a turnout. Only enough to play a shortened field match. The lady (she's very nice) that takes care of all the equipment outplayed more than half of us! Which was a lot because we only had about 8 people there.

Edit: The Utes and the Blaze practice there..........the place smells like old, smelly, germ infested underwear all bundled up in a dark, moist, forgotten corner.....seriously....

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I went up there once, and about 6 people showed. Not good being that I play keeper..... I stumbled around for a couple of hours playing 3 on 3.... It does stink in that joint.

7. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    If anyone is game, I'm down to go out there again....I just need some confirmation that people will actually show up.

8. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I am trying to organize a match for March 10th at 6 p.m. at the Spence-Eccles fieldhouse.

Let's see how many bodies we can get. Post here if you'd like to play. Perhaps a different date would suit you?

(I know Prime will be there in spirit.) :D

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dude, the 1 week a year that I'm in Mexico.........

10. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yo man, you've always got an excuse..... ;)

Okay, so how 'bout the 17th?

11. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That will do me just fine. Last time I was in bloody Europe. Sorry guys. Yeah, I'm in Cancun the 9th to the 15th.

12. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Oh, poor sl7vk....... ;)

13. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm game for the 17th though... Although warning is due that once I'm out of goal, I really am a piss poor player.

14. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    So it's just you and me so far.....

Anyone else?

15. allez_les_bleus10

allez_les_bleus10 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Murray indoor soccer place has pickup games on Sundays for $5 I think. Anyone confirm?

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    On the Saboth? Dear Lord!

17. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Meh.

I gave up on this thread a long while back and joined the summer league indoor team at the Utah Olympic Oval.

Not a bad facility by any means.

18. the Bardguy

the Bardguy New Member

May 15, 2005
    Utah
    There are a bunch of loyalists/rcb types who have actually put a team together and are playing in the 4th division. We're not great, but it's a lot of fun.

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You guys don't need a keeper do you?

20. the Bardguy

the Bardguy New Member

May 15, 2005
    Utah
    Freedom (a guy who posts on rsl.org and the rcb forums) is currently our only option. He's a great keeper, but would probably like some rest now and then. Come on out. BTW, are you over 30?

21. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm 27. I'm assuming that's going to be a problem here....

22. the Bardguy

the Bardguy New Member

May 15, 2005
    Utah
    No, no problem. Some of us old-timers are playing on a couple of teams. One of them is an over 30 team which could really use a keeper. The other team that I mentioned above doesn't have any age requirements.

23. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

When do you play?
    Need a midfielder?
    Need a striker?

24. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    When and where? I would love a little bit of a work out.

25. the Bardguy

the Bardguy New Member

May 15, 2005
    Utah
    There will be a practice Friday, 7/14 at 6pm at Rowland Hall...10th E. 800S. All are welcome.

There will be a mixture of people who show up to this practice...there's some over 30s and some from the other team. We need all positions; as there is no limit on subs and some of us are out of shape, the more people the better.

The rcb/loyalist team has a break from any real matches until the month of August, and at that point we play again. Typically, those matches are held either at Riverside, West Jordan complex, or out on 106th S and around 11th East.

Chaos +30 is still playing, and those games are typically monday nights at West Jordan.