Official (U20) Youth Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by KATO, Mar 5, 2012.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    btw it was made clear before the match that Japan would advance with a 2-2 or higher draw.
    In the end, it felt like a classic "biscotto".
    Italy players were passing the ball around their defense with more than 5 minute and extra time remaining. And Japan did nothing to put any pressure on them.
    I don't mind it so much because it would be heartbreak for one team to get knocked out with a goal at the end, but just wanted to explain how it went down for those that didn't see it.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The only problem, the rest of the team having performed quite well all things considered.

Gacm32, Drew1404 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Definitely not "classic", the ending was the result of the circumstances. Italy were either going to face France or risk missing out on the qualification. Since Japan was well on top for most of the game, they played it safe, and that benefitted us well.

teioh, KAPIJXM and zdrstvte repped this.
  4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You better don't see comments from FIFA Highlights of this game, half of them are calling Japan and Italy, like we say in Spain "everything but pretty". Disgusting.

Drew1404 repped this.
  5. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I was working so missed the game, just caught the crappy 2 min Fifa highlights, at 2-0 I thought game over but looks once again Japan got better as the match progressed. This seems to be a theme now though, if only they could turn up at 100%. I think if they nabbed the first goal they would be a different proposition.

So did Italy sitback after the second goal or were Japan just outplaying them? Also did Kubo get involved in this match? Should be a good one vs Venezuela, I'm just glad they didn't get France, although it will still be a very tough match.

Oh yeah my friend works as a coach in Korea and he's going to all the games, he told me that one of the players he's scouting is actually Doan! Apart from the sitter he missed he'll probably be quite impressed :)

teioh and Majster2 repped this.
  6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well even my wife was bit unsettled, saying "isn't this against fair play or something?".
    But when you think it through, it was the right thing to do. They already gave the viewers 4 goals. Going for another goal would only potentially knock the other team out and not give any clear advantage to the winner. Maybe they could have started it a little later, but its not like they passed the ball around for an entire half.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  7. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    lol, what about Doan getting cramps in AT when Italian GK was passing the ball between him and defensive line? Japan also did well in that aspect with a few 4-5 minutes build ups. I was laughing when ref had to use whistle to stop it for the last substitution. Aren't Italians famous for doing that for more than 70 years? And they even showed Japanese team how to do that properly - Japan tried to waste time building up and they just passed the ball between 5 players like it's nothing. They played until 60th minute. After that nothing had happened on the pitch.
    Nothing surprising. He's turning 19 next month so it might be the time for him to leave Gamba in the winter.

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I looked at those highlights, then on the comments for this video and... there are many angry Koreans there with fake accounts writing that they're from Argentina, Vietnam, Taiwan, etc wishing death to all Japanese and Italians. Good thing is that there are some constants in the universe after all!

Gacm32 and teioh repped this.
  9. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That is a really bad complex. They should cheer their team, that is playing a entertaining football and care less about Japan. That result don't affect South Korea at all. They don't have football reasons to do that.

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I see trolls from both sides. What was the point of mentioning this?

zdrstvte and Saku² repped this.
  11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    None. It's just funny. I was reading comments on Korean side of the Internet and those were much more neutral than those on YT. And it's good to know that there people outside of Italy and Japan for whom it matters.

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Japan vs Korea in the final to solve this argument.

13. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That could be a fan war for sure.

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    It seems it could happen only in the final8... not even semifinal...

15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is enough to some people to argue.

16. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ajax are monitoring Doan in Korea.
    http://www.hochi.co.jp/soccer/national/20170519-OHT1T50281.html

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    There are insecure trolls from everywhere around the world. Just ignore and move on if you value your time.

takeuchi and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
  19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeh but the defenses are too weak there. Don't want him to get used to that.

20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is an hoax.

A lot of top players grown in Eredivisie as Robben, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooij ecc. You know it.

And this season they reached EL final beating no-dutch defences from all Europe.

21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He can always go to Ajax for around 2 years then move to EPL or other better leagues like Honda and Yoshida. Just don't make the same mistake as Usami or Miyaichi.

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. serpay

serpay Member

May 24, 2017
    Bangkok
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Ajax itself is a good club but the Eredivisie isn't what it used to be. Just look at the top scorers in the league. They all are third class strikers and far from big league material. Even a guy from Iran was unstoppable in the league. I would rather Doan join top teams in Portugal/Belgium or lower Bundesliga teams than Ajax.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Doan can't join Ajax until the Eredivisie rules for non-UE players change anyway. If he did he would have to be a top-wage earner. Not likely.

24. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Kojima - Sugioka, Nakayama, Tomiyasu, Fujitani - Miyoshi, Hara, Ichimaru, Doan - Iwasaki, Takagi

25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Streams?

Drew1404 repped this.