Official TUF 10 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Robdog, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Good god that was awful. I don't watch a lot of MMA, but the blatant pumping up of Kimbo and his supposed skills was blatantly transparent. He's 35 with a bum knee and suspect stamina. I'd say that it's over, but they'll run him out against some more hand selected opponents just so that they can squeeze some cash out of the guy.

2. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    did you see him tear up keith jardine?

i think alexander threw that fight. those have cocked knees. that BS of running in circles. its BS.

3. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to say. I mean, dude did get fired for that "performance." Maybe he was just that scared of getting swung on by Kimbo.

And Spike TV was very happy with getting a full 15-minute Kimbo Slice fight.

Who knows? They right guy did win, though.

4. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree with this except with the judge that gave all 3 rounds to Kimbo. The first round was clearly Houston's. Houston seemed not wanting to go at it lest he wind up the same way as he did against James Irvin.

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Houston only has himself to blame. I remember at one part of the fight he dropped K Slice w/ a devastating knee to the grill. He hesitated & Slice was able to prepare for the onslaught of Houston. Houston needs to just goto Japan, move up into the hills & learn JuJitsu. Or take a trip down South & train w/ the Chute Boxing Academy.:rolleyes:Slice looked like a bonafide ground pounder vs. Houston. To me that was crazy, but he did outweigh homie. They might have came in on the scales @ 215, but everyone could see that Slice was the bigger man.