Official Soccer Basher Thread

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Huss, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    He used to be the biggest guy on sportscenter. Him hating soccer certainly doenst help.

2. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Re: Jim Rome crawls out of his hole to bash USA soccer.

He isn't kidding. Him and the Deford's and Lupica's of the world really despise everything about soccer for whatever reason. I'll never understand it.

3. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I know that, I was being sarcastic, as in "who gives a ******** who this guys is" type of response.

As far as sportscenter, it is a joke. I dont give most of those clowns any credibility anyway.

They can wax poetic on Barry Bonds 8 hours a day, and appeal to the idiots who lap it up. I wrote them off awhile ago.

4. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Oberman's show is just plain horrible and unwatchable. Figures he is a soccer basher. I love these guys who decry soccer as "the world's game", then go out and spend 90k on a BMW and 25k on a Sony TV,and 3k on a Brioni. Thats showin' the world who is boss. Americans are less competitive every year-soccer is probably our last wake-up call. Yet we are more insular with sports-LaCrosse? Give me a break.

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He does, it's called the 1889 Cleveland Spiders. :)

Thx,

Jay!

6. They bashed us Nats on sportscenter tonight. While scott van pelt described the scoring and highlights the other anchor made cat calls the whole time and get this the guy making cat calls was John Bucigross from that all popular sport of Ice hockey. These clowns are beyond pathetic.

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must get a different feed than I did because I watched it and saw nothing like what you described. Then again, I've known for a while you're not roote din reality.

8. you must have had your usual set of rose colored glasses on and your head in the sand but we already knew that about you.

9. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you consider guys joking about the term friendly as bashing, good for you. It never ceases to amaze me how people will find any thing they can to justify their own lack of self-esteem. Hopefully one day, you'll see the light, but I don't have much hope.

Two good segments last night with coverage of the game, then All-Access.

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Can we make a new version of this thread please?

11. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Done.

Closed and unstuck.