Official Saudi NSR thread.

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by EstebanGranero23, Jan 10, 2006.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I heard, one of my freinds lives there, I also have a question, where is a place most Arab expat teenagers can adapt(Palestinean,Syrian,Lebanese)??? In the UAE its Dubai and Sharjah. Most of them live in Sharjah and goto Dubai for a night out.

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Al Sharkiya mostly.

It's so diverse..you can find Turks,Persians,Phillipino's,Indians and other Arabs..not to mention Westerners living in the compounds.

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Riyadh is the best! :D

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    :D
    jeddah all the way

5. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I'd love to live in the unspoiled beauty of Abha

[​IMG]

but again I can't live there too long because I am like a fish... I simply need to be close to the sea!

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If you have no problems with monkeys then no problem, they pay monthly visits to houses near mountains. :D

7. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I know I used to have a stick fights with them as a kid, I got badly injured once so I stopped playing with them:D

p.s. I am not Tarzan!

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They are very dangerous, they won't leave you till you give them hundred of bananas. :p

9. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    i am so glad you all find saudi arabia quaint and funny. in america sauid arbia = mud these days. the 9-11 incident kind of open people's eyes a bit to how s.a. is run.i am stareting to think that mao was correct. all religion is poison, and islam has done nothing but keep down your society. you need a secular society to advance. look at japan. they worship their ancestors, they virtually no religion. and where would 99% of the people of the world rather live, japan or saudi arabia?

10. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    patrickm,

I dont think anyone here or in Saudi gives a rats a$$ about what you or Americans think of our country. Most of you never even heard of it before 9-11 and now all of a sudden you all think your experts and even know more about SA than Saudis themselves.

All I can say is this: Know your sources and know their motives.

(sorry guys, for replying and for going off-topic again)

11. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    as far as i am concerned saudi arabia is the enemy of western civilization. western civilization is inherently superior to the rest of the world, certainly the islamic world, and you all know that. i don't see anyone trying to move to any islamic countries. they all want to move here, or western europe or canada. why do you think that is? because our society is superior to yours, that's why.

12. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Au contraire, Saudi Arabia is a part of a different civilisation, and you should not attack others because they are different, or impose your civilisation upon them.

Saudi Arabia never attacked anyone (9-11 was by a stateless group), and you should know that not all Muslims are violent, but all Muslims despise your interference in our lands and in our affairs; Most would seek justice through talking and writing and lobbying media and governments and world bodies, but some (a minority) would seek revenge & violence.

If we were "an enemy of western civilisation", then why do 200,000 westerners live and work in our country? Why would we play in international tournaments? why would we send tens of thousands of our youth to work and study in the west? why would we shake your hand and smile?

Even the mad & emotional terrorists would only attack what they think is American or America-allied, not Brazilian, not Swedish, not Chinese, not Mexican.

Therefore its obviously not a clash of civilisations, its politics, ignorance, and vengance, on all sides.

You seem, to me at least, as either a media puppet, a religous extremist, or just a plain old simple fella who is only just reading.

These (above) type of people, on all sides, are the biggest danger that this planet faces.

Stupid stereotypes will only make things worse, so try to learn.

13. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I've been there once. It was beautiful. It was 15 years ago but I hope it didn't change that much. Just 4 months ago, I visited Dubai for the first time in 15 years and I couldn't recognize anything. It's just completely different city now and I missed the old Dubai. it's just too commercialized now.

14. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    agree with you there, somebody's been reading and believing too much Sam Huntington ;)

15. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa

america and britain imposed themselves upon germany and japan after ww 2. and what was the result? germany and japan are two of the world's most successful nations. see the connection?

not only thqat, your argument that these islamic maniac terrosists are simply protesting against usa foreign policy is inane. the real reason is that your culture is so backwards, so reactionary, so intolerant, that you can not deal with a culture like ours that is so open and tolerant. you don't even allow other religions in your country. owning a bible is a crime. women have no rights. your legal system is based on 7th century nonsense. your culture simply has not evolved beyond a very primal level. to me, iraq was much more of a modern society under sadaam than saudi arabia will ever be. we attacked the wrong country.

16. saqr

saqr New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Edinburgh-Scotland
    Moderators please delete this nonesense. You above get out of here and mind your own business. I don't recall this topics name to be Saudi-American politics.

17. inferno

inferno New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Well, Germany and Japan were industrialized countries before. They only had to rebuild there economy (although American loans had an effect on the speed of course).

I also don't think there is something like a clash of civilizations. There is nothing like united muslims of all countries. In fact muslims are deeply devided. The Turkish don't like the Kurds or the Arabs (and the other way around). The sectarian violence in Iraq is obvious. The Jordanians had there fights with the Palestinians and so on ... . I once saw a documentation where a Muslim leader in Pakistan told the journalists that the world would live in peace, if all people believed in Islam and I could only laugh. Most of the conflicts don't depend on religion but on power and politics.

Just f*ck all extremists (that includes Al Quaida as well as the IRA or any warlords)

18. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa

i agree with you. except the ira and the palestinians are really waging a politrical struggle, a fight for freedom. i don't have aproblem with anyone who is trying to free his own country from tyranny.

it wasn't just the $ that the usa contributed. the usa wrote the constitutions of the frg and of japan. theu usa utterly detroyed the militarism inherent in those socitied pre 1945. quite an accomplishment, i'd say.

19. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    In addition to inferno's comments:

Japan and Germany were defeated and invaded because of their perceived superiority, their arrogance, and their expansionism. (reminds me of someone today)

On the other hand, Muslims are fighting for (or in solidarity with) freedom from oppresion, foreign or homegrown, real or perceived.

Therefore there are huge differences.

20. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    which muslims, firend? i hope you don't mean al queda. and stop with your "muslims are brothers" crap. muslims kill other muslims all the time. we could stay here all day and point to histotical examples.

21. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Mulsims in Palestine and Iraq, people who have had no control over their bloody lives for decades, and Muslims in other parts of the world, not al Qaida, not murderers, but real victims fighting for legitimate rights.

Al Qaida is comprised of the most emotional of Muslims and the ones who seek redemption through revenge and "martyrdom", and even if we agree with al Qaida that the "sky is blue", that doesnt mean we agree or support their ideoligy or methods.

The world is not in black&white as you enemy-loving, zio-controled americans would like it to be, and your country's past and present actions are very much a cause of this problem, more than youwill ever admit.

22. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa

as for palestine, i have no problem with those people wanting their own country. good luck to them. israel has way too much power over OUR governent, let alone in the middle east. sometimes i think that the usa exists to do israel's dirty work. however,
    the sooner muslims accept that israel is not going to go away, ever,, the better off you will all be.

as fore iraq, isn't this a fight between sunnis and shias and also between tribess? americans know nothing of tribalism. nothing, we have no tribes here. the afgahnistan war is all about tribalism as well. tribalism is very very primitive. iraq and also afghanistan is all about power. the sunnis were in control for 40 years , now they are out. stop trying to justiofy this in the name of isalm, when this this is all about power, nothing about religion. look at the saudi's friends, the taleban. they are pashtuns. a tribe. a tribe that wants to be in power. it is not about anything more than power. why did saudi arabia recognize the taleban goverment anyway? is that the version of islam that you wanty the world to see? well, saudi wahaabism isn't far off, is it?

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Do you even know what the hell Wahhabism is? Why don't you shut your mouth and enjoy your life in the #1 country of rape, murder, and robbery.

24. inferno

inferno New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    In fact the USA didn't wrote the constitution of the FRG (don't know about Japan) and the biggest part of the administration of both of the countries was left in charge (not the highest ranks of course). If the didn't do it, it would have been much harder to govern the countries during occupation. I guess the biggest accomplishment of the USA was of course to defeat Nazi Germany and support the democratic rests that were left from the Weimar Republic.

No reason to insult anyone. I guess there is a big difference between a country where rape, murder and robbery are brought to justice and discussed in public and a country with a press controlled by the government where such things are not very likely to be read in newspapers at all or where it is not even considered a crime (rape in marriage or family) as an example. So the impression might develop that the USA is the #1 country in all you said.

25. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, take it easy. And there is a Politics and Current Events Forum for all of this.