Official Road to Rio de Janeiro 2016 Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe he just enjoying rubbing salt into our wound, mate:ROFLMAO:
    Typical Korean

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    If you think I'm trolling you guys, just look through what I've posted in BSJ in the past too.

Honestly with a defence this shambolic, you think you were better than Colombia overall, I have nothing to say.

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I do

4. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I have to say that the defence was on eof the best in this Tournament apart from the Nigerai Game......this was some outstanding what ever....the last 2 games showed that they have one of the best defenses....the own goal was crazy..the other was a lucky deflected goal, thats all

teioh repped this.
  5. Beetleking22

Beetleking22 New Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
    Nigeria has nothing to lose.. Im 100% Sure they did not play with all their power against columbia.. I feel like Nigeria was little bit fearing Japan after draw... Thats why they did not even try to win against columbia.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Shambolic defense etc this rhetoric is good for pointless post games chatters, the fact is the game ended 2-2 so their back line was any better than ours. We played much better football. Couldn't finish as usual. That's football.

takeuchi repped this.
  7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Exactly. That's also part of the team's ability as well.

seolseol repped this.
  8. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, we made it happen for them

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Colombia didn't score more than we did, as a matter of fact they only scored one goal, the other one being from you know who. We were better than them. But that's football.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No, I don't fancy our chances against them either. Given how we were dominated in every aspect of the match against Mexico, Nigerians would be a mountain to climb, and Colombia won't be easy either.

11. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So yes if we use that kind of logic, ours is better than yours. Because yours couldn't manage to beat ours, even we're playing very badly, is that true?

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, if you actually think I have a high opinion of our team, you are in for a surprise.

And yes, you guys were the better team in the AFC U-23 Championships. We may have dominated the match, you guys had the right subs at the right time and were clinical. That's part of what makes a good team.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    But did you watch Japan - Colombia ? You really thought they were better ? If so ... Ahem.

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yes. Japan dominated, but Colombian defense was quite comfortable given the predictable repetitive plays. Having watched the two sides over the period of a week, yes, I thought Colombians were better. You are free to disagree, I'm not forcing you to admit otherwise.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    :speechless::speechless::speechless:. Alright. so comfortable that Asano nearly won it at the end.

16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Towards the end, but until about 70', they were quite happy to sit back and counter when possible.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Well just like they were not really threatening in attack, that's football. And even after the 2-2 they keep on getting battered and should have lost if we had been more efficient. That's hardly "control". Not even mentioning Asano's shot on the crossbar, the goalkeeper was probably controlling this one with the strength of his mind.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Sure, but it's not as if your defense was completely solid when called upon. Not much between both sides in that game, but overall, over the 3 matches, I thought Colombia was better.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The only game during which Colombia was better was the one Nigeria thrown.

teioh repped this.
  20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think for one thing, zdrstvte is not hating on Japan but might be overrating Colombia a bit because of their A-team's quality. I personally don't think they are that good but made it through do to luck of the draw. You mention defense but Colombia gave up 2 goals to a Sweden team that couldn't create a single chance against Japan.
    Another thing is, this Japan team has shown throughout the AFC tournament and the Olympics that they are a late game team. So it is really difficult to judge them overall. But I have no doubt that if Nigeria needed a result and came out firing against Colombia, the result would be very different.

teioh repped this.
  21. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I rarely mention refereeing but there's at least one penalty call to make out of these three situations (if not three). Baldie was really bad.

Samurai Warrior and B_G_92 repped this.
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Ban this guy from this board.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm not sure Colombia deserved it more than Japan either considering they didn't beat Sweden. In the end the only thing they did was beat a Nigeria who didn't care.
    Japan paid a high price for Fujiharu some questionable selections and a bit of bad luck (Kubo and the final match being Colombia - Nigeria).
    Not really into the referee thing personally because I'm fairly sure that if you look at it from the pov of another team you'll likely find similar cases in regards to the other matches in the group.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan played really well offensively, but it's not enough.
    I hope that for Tokyo 2020 we'll be in medal-contetion for Men and Women's team.