Official River City Red Army thread

Discussion in 'Richmond Kickers' started by KickersFTW, May 7, 2014.

1. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 KickersFTW, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Thread for discussion about RCRA events and tailgates coming up. Feel free to post any awesome photos of the section from games and such.

Note Friday night is the Mexican fiesta night. Details on the Kickers vs RVA FC game are still being worked out. It looks like we will be doing a march in Sportsbacker for this game so remember your scarves and flags!!

RCRA Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/239337519435631/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RichmondRowdy

RichmondRowdy New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Richmond
    Club:
    Richmond Kickers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait for the game against RVA FC. Can someone post details here for meet up before the game?

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please save me a taco and mail it to New York!
    :)

4. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like for RVA FC the meet up will be at Hardywood. The March to sports backer will be around 6-6:30 I believe. Remember your scarves and such for the March.

5. Ourblackandred

Jun 29, 2010
    Athens, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, is there food at Hardywood I can eat? Because y'all know, I'm still 20.

6. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a brewery first and foremost however I do believe they have some decent food. After all people have to eat at some point right lol? Worst comes to worst Sportsbacker has some decent food if you just want to hang with the Army there beforehand.

7. RichmondRowdy

RichmondRowdy New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Richmond
    Club:
    Richmond Kickers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game tonight and great turnout. Couldn't have asked for a better showing from the Red Army

8. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8 EPJr, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014

Red Army Rallies Around Richmond
    Revitalized group is growing in numbers at City Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Friday, May 23, 2014

In the first of a series profiling many of the supporters groups that help define USL PRO, we look at Richmond’s River City Red Army, the passionate and growing following of the Richmond Kickers.

While it’s true that there has been a devoted following of the Richmond Kickers throughout the club’s 22-season history, it’s probably also fair to say that City Stadium hasn’t seen anything quite like the River City Red Army.
    According to R.P Kirkland, a longtime supporter and current intern with the club, the original supporters group following the club was the Corner Kicks. While the origins of the ‘child’ of that group remain slightly murky, since Kirkland and others were asked to revamp and revitalize the group by the team’s front office last season, its numbers have steadily grown, as has the atmosphere at Kickers home games.
    “The group, after the kick-start, ballooned to about 30 people the game after the first meeting,” Kirkland said this week. “Now that number has grown and more people seem to join every game. I'd say one new person sits with the group every game, from what I can tell.”​

http://uslpro.uslsoccer.com/home/811773.html