official REBUILDING Process for COSTA RICA thread

Discussion in 'Central America' started by MoRado, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    wow.... everardo se rajo!

2. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Everardo is right, fire Medford now! He is making CR look awful, slow, uncoordinated, pathetic.

3. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    who's next in line? Kenton?

4. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    That would be an excellent choice, but he's working with Guatemala´s U23

5. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    What about Jeustin Campos?

6. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    I dont think so, i think it would be the same with Campos, he will rely in the old guys just like Med4 is doing, the playing style will be exactly the same.

7. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    If Kenton doesn't get Guatemala into the Olympics i say we should offer him the job.

If not then we should try to find a coach who is good at putting together young players and making them play in an organized way (European coach).

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Kenton Might take over the Guatemala Men's team, since Bolillo left.

9. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    You guys will have an excellent coach. Kenton already knows most of them since he's been with the U-23 so he'll be a great pick. Hope you guys sign Maradiaga or another coach though so we could snatch Kenton once Medford's gone :p:cool:

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Kenton is a loser, he didnt do shit in costa rica, he can stayin guatemala forever and take them to their first WC, IMO he doesnt have the balls to be the CRNT coach

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I agree, the media would eat him alive. Whoever the next coach is, he needs to get off this glory days shit of living in the past, and calling up stars the of 2002 and 2006. Those days are over, they played great then but are old men now. Something is wrong when Fonseca is still one of our best.

We need to be looking at the younger generation, the same way NTs like the US, Canada and Mexico are doing. Medford is too close-minded, and thinks that by hauling in the same players he won with at Saprissa to the sele, he´ll get the same results.

12. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    I would love to see La Volpe in la sele, i like his style of coaching, but it aint happening, i think he's to expensive for our federation.

13. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Thats exactly what me and sum family were saying after watching Monterrey's games against Jaguares and Tecos. Lavolpe likes to play an attackin style with one touch football. He did a great job with Mexico even though he isnt given the credit he deserves by a lot of fans. Even though it won't happen I wouldn't mind bringing in a coach from the Mexican league like Tuca Ferretti, Romano, or one of Chivas youth coaches since they are really good in forming young players.

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    good idea, let me call eduardo li right now.... :D

i still have faith in medford, but i am losing it quickly

15. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    The thing is I don't think the bad results are exclusively Med4's fault. I mean, let's be honest, how many top grade players are available for la sele right now? Not that many. I think even Capello would have a tough time getting good results with what we have. The reason Med4 has had to rely on old timers is because the young players are not displaying skills, pure and simple. We are in between generations and will be hurting all the way to 2014, if not beyond.

16. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    God, I don't know how many people know me here. I will defend the sele no matter what against any mother********er who tries to say anything. But I am beginning to lose faith.

Can someone answer what happened to the sele between 2002-2006? why are we so bad, and what does our future look like? Are we really throwing away the last 18 years of domination?

17. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    EVERY TEAM, club or national, has their ups and downs. If we lose domination in central America/Mexico/USA, so be it - let others shine. It won't be long before we get over this hurdle.

18. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    keep your heads up. it could be worse...

With a long tradition and history, Peru has been in the dungeon for 20+ years now and all i could do is sit back and watch this debacle year after year.:(

i'm rooting for your squad to get back on track as well (my wife is tica) and am anxiously awaiting the friendly next month.:)

19. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Speaking of the friendly game....has De Solar called up the players that will be facing us? The only thing I read a couple of weeks ago was that he was calling up 4 newer players that play in Europe. Our coach is training 2 days a week with the local players and will probably call up 5-8 abroad players to play against Peru.

20. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    i'm split between the two!

21. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    no list yet, as far as i know.

our last friendly in bolivia had a lotta new players (we lost 2-1). del solar is looking at everyone at the moment because of the bad results we've had so far in WCQs.
    our apertura just started this past weekend so i'm sure a majority of the team will be locals but he may sprinkle in some new flavor---players in europe that haven't been looked at yet, like you said.
    plus, there's a scandal going on, which resulted in the suspension of some top players.:rolleyes:

as soon as some preliminary list comes out, i'll let you all know too.

22. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    que?:)

the cool thing is, i'll be in costa rica for this match.:eek:

23. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    Not sure if this is the correct thread but Roy Miller Costa Rica left back migth be signeing for Rosenborg soon.

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    its ok, thanks for the info man, keep us updated

25. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    I`m sorry to say Rosenborg will not be playing in CL next year Rosenborg had a terribel season in the league last year and ended 5.
    But there is still a chance for UEFA cup play. and hopefully aouer defense will be strengthen enoff to win the league next year so that Rosenborg will be back in CL as soon as possibel.

Also i don`t really know much about the player exept what i have heard from Bodø fans. So i woude appriciate any opinions/info you migth have.