Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  2. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
  3. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
  4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #4132 ChaDuRi671, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #4133 killaorca, Jan 13, 2019
    Seems like Jeong played really well against Monchengladbach according to people's response.
    Apparently he was the positive of this game with Davies. Some say he was better some say the Canadian was better.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    In reference to Jeong
    1084484653602484224 is not a valid tweet id

Apparently, Davies is known to be physically strong and fast but they are almost identical in size according to Jeong. I just think Jeong needs to get more first team minutes somewhere so he can get used to the physicality. Davies also has 65 pro appearances before turing 18 in MLS so Jeong is still raw in that regard even though Jeong is 1 years older.
    Sometimes I wonder why players like these never get a chance in the K-league when they are 17. Their promotion always seem to be more delayed. Like why did Um Wonsang played in the U league? I think it's either the K-league is shit at scouting or they are just not never good at developing players from youth to pro.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  9. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its definitely this.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #4136 killaorca, Jan 13, 2019
    full match

Watched the full game.
    Let's just say he made some mistakes but overall the best player in that match specifically the best offensive player. Thought he played better than Davies. However, Davies showed a lot of potential in his first appearance and I think he'll get better over time, pretty exciting prospect I will say.
    I think Jeong has very quick feet, and good acceleration. Fast in short space. Good passing for a winger, but he was originally a CM. Many Bayern fans think Jeong is a interesting prospect, and I think he's a pretty interesting prospect for Korea as well. Really wonder how he'll mature.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  11. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I hope he matures well and develops into a great player for both FCB and Korea. Just happy that I get the best of both worlds being a FCB fan and KNT supporter.

killaorca repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah I don't know if he'll go to the top but Bayern fans seem to ve intrigued.
    Also he seems to have good movement in part thanks to his quickness, and positioning. He seem to have a "creative" offensive ideas even though his decision making and execution might be off due to his rawness.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  13. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i hate to think it but age and seniority in korean culture seems to be a faulty priority over potential and talent

yahtrickyah and jinseokyang repped this.
  14. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #4140 batumchange2, Jan 13, 2019
    its poor coaching and management of young talent. you give all the decisions to the coach who only has short term objectives no coach even in europe will play young players

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sigh i wish we had more good CB, FB and CDM/CM prospects

16. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Im seeing comments about JWY.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you didn't write this, I would have. Unless you're a special fking talent and a rebuilding squad, Korean professional clubs (in all Korean sports) will prioritize elder/veteran players.

We still have a lot of backward thinking in our culture.

There was an interview with Dejan Damjanovic by Korean Goal.com last year, and Dejan was absolutely correct about what's wrong with Korean football. He didn't get into too much specifics, but he did say Koreans are too stubborn to take outsider opinions and stuck in their ways. I absolutely agree with him.

19. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For sure, and some of LSWs comments on Radio Star pretty much confirmed that it’s cancerous for the lockeroom too.

seolseol and toohyper repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well another problem is that K-league is a pretty small league (club) numbers wise while the Korean football system is producing too many players for our pro leagues. So there are so many prospects but the managements in pro teams can't make good judgement on which players to choose, and I feel like many coaches in Korea don't have a "good eye". These ajusshis seem to like "certain type" of players which I can't explain. As well there isn't a lot of placement in the pro leagues due to small numbers. Compare that to Japan, there's 44 pro teams in top 3 divisions compared to our 22 teams....But you might be like: just expand the league, but that's a problem on its own because there's no fcking demand for it and we're just wasting cooperate and tax payers money.
    Not only that Korean managers seem to be more risk averse and rely on players they know can play their shitty archaic style of football that isn't played elsewhere. So they want players that are K-league proven or "k-league style" players that can fit into their archaic style of football tactics. That's why we need better managers outside from K-league that's willing to make some risk. Someone like Senol Gunes when he gave chances to Ki Sungyeung and Lee Chungyong. Someone that can tell older players to take a damn hike. Someone with a good sight on prospects.

21. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    simply we need to have fans that care about football. With money comes opportunities. Korean's are some of the biggest bandwagoners I have ever seen. They wont give a crap if the teams play poorly. Plus they simply dont give a crap about Korean football. Younger ppl nowadays care more about video games, Kpop/drama, etc. I heard that tv broadcasting stations pay more money to play NFL games in Korea than K-league matches. I also hate it when Korean ppl only care about top European leagues. Then when our NT play poorly they freaken complain.

ChaDuRi671 and nmssis repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I would like to see some improvement in the actual game first. Even with the limited resource, I feel like the quality of the league and players are just not acceptable.

23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    money = ability to bring foreign coaches + new philosophy. Money comes from fans. I also totally agree with Korean geezers and their archaic style/practices. I saw this when I was playing baseball competitively.

24. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    money tends to solve a lot of problems