Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    remember when KBK was received with fanfare

2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Jae Song might be better as romanisation because usually Seong is pronounced as Sayoung by Westerners.

Ice cube repped this.
  3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    how about these lazy ********ers just look up the pronunciations online. when i see a name like błaszczykowski i dont make careless attempts to read it out and risk looking like an ass. i run it on google translate and use various other sites to confirm the information. its not difficult and it doesnt take a lot of the time. the korean spelling of the name is readily available on google and wikipedia

4. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know man. It's just romanisation, so it's arguable that there's no real inherent value or meaning to the latin characters unlike when written in hanja. I know that there are romanisation rules, but stuff like 용 to yueng is so odd to me. I agree sports casters should study up on pronunciations, but at the same time I don't expect the average fan to get the names right 100%. I mean, a huge portion of the world pronounces Ronaldo's name as its spelled when it should be pronounced more so as Honaldu. I only question why he didn't choose Sung over Song.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    its the owning club. I imagine they could ask LJS how it wants it romanized.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I hope Park Yiyoung has a breakthrough season. We need a good DM/RB.

aeh1991 repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    https://m.sports.naver.com/wfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=216&aid=0000095862

Park Yi Young speaks about how much the last season meant to him and his aims to become a more important player for St.Pauli this season. Also, he knows LJS from long ago (when he was playing in the Philippines) and is happy to meet him in the same league. He hopes to meet him off the pitch as well as Kiel isn't far away from Hamburg. His dream is to become a NT player and he hopes he can become a role model for other players like him (he started in the Philippines and went to Europe for trials in Slovakia and Portugal, until he got a chance at St.Pauli, so it's been an unsusual, difficult career path).

chook90 and jessypjs repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    CKR starts cup match for Karlsruher. They're already up by 6 after 25' with a couple by CKR it seems.

Seol Korea, edlee1992 and batumchange2 repped this.
  9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwang Mun Ki extends contract to 2020.

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #3810 aeh1991, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

https://www.diaridegirona.cat/girona-fc/2018/08/01/illusio-dels-joves-del-peralada/927820.html

Source above says he's training in the gym, however pic from 31.07. training (from the same source) shows that he's also on the training ground with the first team(?)

Unfortunately for Paik, he didn't have a chance yet to impress Eusebio, unlike other youngsters who have been prominently featured during pre-season (fck injury!).
    So it's very unclear if he will become a first team player or not.
    The best he can do is to come back asap and try to impress either at Peralada or if given the chance, in trainings with Girona.
    Times is running down as Girona could be interested in a loan move for Zinchenko from Man City who is a multi player, but mainly/naturally a CM, which is not a great sign for Paik. He's also Ukrainian which probably means that he will get a non-EU spot (not 100% sure because Ukraine has some special deal with the EU). Another CM named Ruben Alcaraz just recently got sold to Valladolid. And it seems like they are not interested in another loan for D.Luiz.
    Eusebio seems to be very open to include Peradala youngsters in his squad plans though.

11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do Zinchenko and PSH's positions overlap? Thought Zinchenko was more of an attacking mid/winger that just had to play that central fullback/cdm role bc of injures last season.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    As Zinchenko is not a wing forward, I think their positions would overlap in Girona's 4-3-3 system.

13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wait clear this up for me. Is PSH an anchor or no? Because I thought he became a holding midfielder. If he is, I'd assume there's no overlap b/c PSH would play deeper and Zinchenko more advanced.

14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I was refering more generally because there are many players in Girona who can play as a CM or CDM in Eusebios's 4-3-3 system. You're right about the detailed positions though. I think Paik has turned a deep lying player while Zinchenko is clearly more offensive minded. So while there's no overlap in positons, an addition of Zinchenko would still threaten Paik's first team possibility.

15. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea. I don't think Ukrainians can work freely in EU. It is only recently that they earned short visa-free travel, and from what I know a lot of Ukrainians work illegally in Germany. So it will definitely hurt PSH's chances, as you said.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

rather short but...

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jeong Woo Yeong started and played 63 for Bayern II

Park Yi Young unused sub today.

Park Jung Bin started for Viborg.

aeh1991, chook90, jessypjs and 1 other person repped this.
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    (Maybe) kind of bad news for Paik as Man City tried everything to get a work permit for Douglas Luiz, but failed eventually and now have to loan him out again. Logical destination would be Girona. He would not only be a direct competitor for his position, but also take a non-EU spot again.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really don't think it will be or is a factor.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Kim Hyunwoo and Kim Gyuhyeong are promoted to Dinamo Zagreb II team and will play in Croatia second division.

skimmilk, aeh1991 and chook90 repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Kim Gyuhyeong played 88 mins against Southampton u-23 in Premier League International Cup.

chook90 repped this.
  23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwang Mun Ki has started two games in a row for Academica.

Choi Kyoung Rok started in cup loss.

Park Jung Bin has been starting regularly for Viborg which is good to see him handle load post ACL injury.

chook90 repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Park Yi Young extended his contract with St.Pauli until 2022.

chook90 repped this.
  25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic