Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ok found the link and took some time to read through it.
    http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?artid=201805172107015&code=980201
    So he got the notification that he got promoted to the first team yesterday (16th). His father confirmed that he's going to be part of the first team formally starting pre-season.
    프리시즌부터 정식 1군으로 활동하는 것은 사실”이라고 말했다.
    *not too sure what that word means.
    What tricks me is this part:
    백승호가 프리시즌에서 강렬한 인상을 남긴다면 프리메라리가 데뷔전도 이뤄질 가능성이 높다.
    If Paik Seungho makes a good impression during the pre-season, he has a chance to make la liga debut.
    If he gets officially promoted, then why would that make a difference.
    I guess depending on the pre-season, he might still play for the second team or get loaned even though he got signed by the first team.
    파블로 마친 지로나 감독도 백승호의 이런 재능을 인정해 1군 승격을 통보했다.
    Pablo Machin recognized his talent and notified him about his promotion.

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It means being contracted as a pro player doesn't guarantee him playing. It could be that he doesn't get into the match day squad for a while until the manager thinks he's ready. However, there's a huge difference between being contracted as a Peralada player and having trainings with Girona once a week, and being an official Girona player and training with them every day. So, I am still very happy about his promotion.

DHMGKorea and killaorca repped this.
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah getting a contract is a huge improvement even if he still plays for the second team or get loaned. That's why I'm waiting for his shirt pic.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think in the end, the question will be whether he's good enough to become one of the 3 non-EU players. We don't know what will happen to the loanees like Douglas Luiz (BRA, Man City) and Johan Mojica (COL, Rayo Vallecano). It will also depend on which players Man City will send on loan to Girona. I don't know how much decision power Girona's manager has.

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    If everything goes well, South Korea will bring to Qatar 2022 the strongest KNT of all times.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    never too worried about GK, MF or even FW. but tis the dreaded back 4

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well if he signs a contract, he becomes a non-EU player unless he gets loaned. I think.

8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3658 takeuchi, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    he isn't signing a new contract or anything nor is he "technically"promoted" . its the same contract he signed last season (3 yr contract). it is all about registration as a player. this is still.. technically.. unknown. from my understanding, he is invited to the preseason with 1st team. he has to earn his spot to be registered as 1st team player for Girona in La Liga.

edit - btw, if he is registered as 1st team player.. don't think he can play with the B team.

skimmilk and DHMGKorea repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    You're right. I meant registered, not contracted. I think his registration to Girona in 18/19 was a part of his contract tho. I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    they technically.. if i am correct.. one non-EU spot left. i don't think Bono (starting GK.. Morocco isn't part of Cotonou agreement) and Lozano (unless he earned his Spanish passport ever since he left Barca B & again.. Honduras isn't part of Cotonou agreement) have EU passports. it all depends on summer transfer & how Paik does in pre-season.

aeh1991 repped this.
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Is Brazil part of Cotonou agreement? What if Luiz returns?

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nope

13. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes, when he signed with Girona/Peralada it was in the contract that he would spend one season at the Peralada-Girona B and then move on to Girona FC starting the second season. That's why many Koreans were hoping Girona would not get relegated.

aeh1991 and nmssis repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Choi Kyung Rok from St. Pauli is linked with 2 teams: 1.FC Kaiserslautern (just got relegated to 3rd league) and Karlsruher SC (3rd league team with possible promotion after play off games).

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It's always hard to tell with players from Hispanic countries as well as former Spanish colonies. Bono seems to count as an EU player given that Girona's foreign player quota was filled by Mojica, Moreno -> Lozano, and Luiz.

Girona has stated that they want to hold on to Mojica, given that he was crucial to their team this season, and are hoping to sign him permanently.

Manchester City sends young players who cannot get work permit to Girona, so that's another consideration, even if Luiz doesn't come back.

takeuchi repped this.
  16. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
  17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    old pic and it's not shirt pic.

seolseol repped this.
  18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
  20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He scored and assisted vs some detroit team.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If y'all want better perspective on PSH, Soni of Peralada played in friendly with first team. Not PSH.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    PSH is with Korea u23 right now.

DHMGKorea and skimmilk repped this.
  23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I didn't know they still had crap going on.

killaorca repped this.
  24. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    training camp in Indonesia, I assume they chose Indonesia to get used to playing there for the Asian Games.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC